Carlos signing new deal

38 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

You and others miss my point.

It's not our opinion that matters.

I got your point. I know it's not our decision. My response was for DC, how I would argue the point to him.

3 hours ago, Tudders said:

He's reached the play offs two years in a row. He's shown that the first season wasn't a 'flash in the pan'.

The play offs are a lottery. He can't be held responsible if we get knocked out. He's shown his ability by repeating the feat of getting us there,during the long slog of the season. Until he fails to do that then he has to stay.

Bit of a kop out that.

IF we still find ourselves a Championship club in a months time, DC will surely be considering whether we have the best man for the job as head coach to get us promoted in 2018.

4 hours ago, Slick. said:

Bit of a kop out that.

IF we still find ourselves a Championship club in a months time, DC will surely be considering whether we have the best man for the job as head coach to get us promoted in 2018.

Not a cop out at all in my opinion. A manager losing a game doesn't make him a bad manager or show that he has 'taken the club as far as he can' and be a reason to get rid.

Name a top manager in the world today and he has lost games of football on an individual basis-I bet a few of those who you think of have actually lost a game of football more recently than CC! Part of the criteria of judging a manager is do they get the best out of players?do they get the tactics right regularly? Neither of the aforementioned criteria will ANY manager achieve EVERY time in EVERY game. There are too many variables in football.Players themselves are individuals and prone to mistakes that the manager has absolutely no control over. These mistakes can lose games of football.Is that a managers fault?

Should one of these 'off days' just happen to fall in one of the upcoming play off games and we get knocked out the play offs,then I think it incredibly harsh and naive to get rid of CC. That's my opinion anyway.

Edited by Tudders

10 hours ago, Tudders said:

He's reached the play offs two years in a row. He's shown that the first season wasn't a 'flash in the pan'.

The play offs are a lottery. He can't be held responsible if we get knocked out. He's shown his ability by repeating the feat of getting us there,during the long slog of the season. Until he fails to do that then he has to stay.

Agreed - one bad individual mistake or decision is often the difference in the play offs. Managers can't control these half the time 

Edited by Rogers

All depends what expectations Chansiri had this season, if he felt Carlos should have got us up auto and we don't win the play offs i think he'll change him.

If he thinks play offs twice are a good return then he stays.If he gets promotion no doubt he'll stay, think Carlos might actually be very effective in Premier league football.