Carlos signing new deal

well I enjoyed that   hair cut a bit severe :biggrin: but 

he's relaxed and the team's ready

sounds like he favours resting a few and so do i tbh  he discussing it with his staff

doesn't do twitter because he was upset by some people's comments having a pop at him

contract is between him and DC no one else, press speculation is garbage 

Biggs offered him a flat cap to wear he said he's got his own and might think about wearing it 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

well I enjoyed that   hair cut a bit severe :biggrin: but 

he's relaxed and the team's ready

sounds like he favours resting a few and so do i tbh  he discussing it with his staff

doesn't do twitter because he was upset by some people's comments having a pop at him

contract is between him and DC no one else, press speculation is garbage 

Biggs offered him a flat cap to wear he said he's got his own and might think about wearing it 

I'll take your word for it.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

For my part, I feel very silly...humbled in fact.       And deeply sorry of course.

Unless Ritchie b can pull one out of bag.

Then I'll be singing a different tune.

Until then...... I'm humbled.

I'm devastated. Won't sleep tonight now. 

:duntmatter:

Just makes no sense why Carlos said he signed a 3 year deal last year then saying his contract is up this summer.

So he lied last year about the 3 year deal, I'm going to assume he's lying about his contract being up now then.

2 years left it is then :manager:

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Just makes no sense why Carlos said he signed a 3 year deal last year then saying his contract is up this summer.

So he lied last year about the 3 year deal, I'm going to assume he's lying about his contract being up now then.

2 years left it is then :manager:

Two posts ago, we could have just backed out of the room and melted into the night.......then this.

21 hours ago, Tudders said:

He's reached the play offs two years in a row. He's shown that the first season wasn't a 'flash in the pan'.

The play offs are a lottery. He can't be held responsible if we get knocked out. He's shown his ability by repeating the feat of getting us there,during the long slog of the season. Until he fails to do that then he has to stay.

I would personally argue that last season was a flash in the pan. Now this season, if we hadn't got such a quality squad of players together at great expense, I wouldn't have expected to go up this season.

I do however expect we should go up with the squad we have and the experience within it, I think we have the best squad in the league by a country mile. Whilst Carlos is currently a hero amongst many for the last 6 results, what went on for the majority of the season wasn't great to be totally fair. Those who are lapping him up right now are possibly only doing it on the back of 6 good wins in a row. It's like having a great season until at the end where he was unfortunate enough to lose the last 6 matches and people want him sacked if we are still in the play offs.. We've performed below our strength all season and are in the playoffs because of a very timely run of results.

Not saying any one is right or wrong but looking at the bigger picture, we are now exactly where we should have got to and we have won nothing yet, I bloody hope we do though.

I think Carlos should get us up this season and if we don't I will be impartial as to whether he stays or goes

Contracts can have clauses.

3 year deal maybe but with the option to change that to just a single year if no promotion?   I'm not sure that's possible but if it is, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for a football club to use it.