Carlos signing new deal

He did a great job to get us in the play-off's last year. This year, in my opinion, he's made us a harder side, more capable of handling pressure situations. Not necessarily one as fun to watch, but harder and a little more cynical. I think we're in better shape than we were last year to go the distance and win the play-off's. If we don't then so be it - anything can happen in one game - but I also think we're better equipped to be a genuine challenger for automatics next year. There's a winning mentality around the club. 

I think Carlos has technical nous, experience, and has done a great job at building real sense of unity, team spirit and belief. I think we'd be foolish not to ensure he comes back next year whatever happens in the play-off's. This is the most organised, professional and forward looking the club has been since the mid-1990's. I don't think we can give the guy enough credit personally. 

I've never got the impression from Carlos that contracts matter to him. In all fairness he's been sacked several times so he probably feels contracts don't really matter at the end of the day?

Given he lives away from his family, it probably makes sense to everyone concerned to review everything at the end of a season and it's a policy that's worked so far. Why change it now?

Having said all that I genuinely believe it'll be Carlos who decides when it's time to part company from SWFC, not DC. After all he does have a touch of Big Jack with the flat cap, haven't seen his fishing rod yet though? :wacko: