Sam Hutchinson

Horses for courses.

Hutch played as many games as he did a) because he was in fantastic form, and b) we had a shortage of midfielders.

CC will play him if he thinks we need him, but if everyone is fit and available with Reach, FF, Rhodes and Hooper now in the mix, i cant see him dropping Lee and Bannan right now.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Alongside Lee, in place of Bannan. 

Lee and Bannan together in midfield is not the answer.  

Got overpowered at timed last season and will happen again in this one.

Having Lee back is good but it creates more complication for CC.  Fewer options he has, the easier he had found it to select a balanced team. 

Having said that Lee is the better player IMO so Bannan gets the chop if it comes to it.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Having Lee back is good but it creates more complication for CC.  Fewer options he has, the easier he had found it to select a balanced team. 

Having said that Lee is the better player IMO so Bannan gets the chop if it comes to it.

That's why I said that, Hutchinson and Lee are our two best central midfielders imo, yet I got several negs for saying I'd play them together - which means that some people would either drop our best defensive ballwinning central midfielder, or our only central midfielder who carries any attacking threat, in favour of Bannan who doesn't really do those things as well as the other two. I've nothing against Bannan, he's a quality footballer, but sometimes I do wonder what he's actually offering other than a lot of sideways passes and the occasional neat turn and Hollywood ball out to the wing.

If we're playing a 442 midfield it's got to be Hutchinson and Lee in the middle for me, although I do like the look of a 4312 with Hutch, Lee and Bannan across the middle and Forestieri playing between them and a front two.

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

My biggest fear is Carlos doing exactly that v Fulham and the Play-Offs.

3 CMs and FF up top as a result. I hate this,

In a 4-4-2, I agree, but if we were to change formation to a 4-3-3 we could get the best of both worlds.  Hutch could play at the base of a three man central midfield and Forestieri in the outside left position of a front three.

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

In a 4-4-2, I agree, but if we were to change formation to a 4-3-3 we could get the best of both worlds.  Hutch could play at the base of a three man central midfield and Forestieri in the outside left position of a front three.

Wallace, right now, is one of our most important and impressive players. He was our most important player in the Play-Offs last year.

Its kid in a sweet shop time, but I think while it's not broken don't try to fix it. Leave any new options for the bench.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Wallace, right now, is one of our most important and impressive players. He was our most important player in the Play-Offs last year.

Its kid in a sweet shop time, but I think while it's not broken don't try to fix it. Leave any new options for the bench.

I wouldn't drop Wallace. He could play on the right of a front three but, I'd really like to see him play on the right of a three man central midfield especially as Lee has only just come back from a long lay off.  He could provide a bit of that creative spark in midfield that we still seem to be lacking,

1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

I wouldn't drop Wallace. He could play on the right of a front three but, I'd really like to see him play on the right of a three man central midfield especially as Lee has only just come back from a long lay off.  He could provide a bit of that creative spark in midfield that we still seem to be lacking,

So

Wallace Hutch Bannan

Hooper Rhodes/Fletcher FF

I can't see Carlos switching from 442 to 433 after he has stuck with it for every game except Rotherham. He has used 433 in late stages when we have needed a goal and it has worked well, but can't see him starting 433 at this critical stage.

I thought this worked brilliantly on Saturday...

Wallace Bannan Reach

Hooper

Rhodes Fletcher

29 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Which games do you think Lee Bannan were overpowered?

I don't recall any.

I am biased cos I think they are comfortably our best pairing, but if you can point some out fair-dos.

8 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Been training all week according to BB at press conference.

We need as many fit players as poss for the run in, cc may put him straight in against Ipswich to rough them up, we don't need to be fancy Saturday to win and we all know cc is a master at winning this way

Still think that in games where we're over run this triumvirate is the answer.

..............Hutchinson 

.....Lee......................Bannan 

Hutchinson would find it a doddle in that role. And it would free the other two up to raid forward where they are at their best.

Wallace, Reach, Fernando,  Buckley,  McManaman all capable of playing the wide forward roles. And all have done at various stages of their careers. 

Don't think we'll see it any time soon though because of the sheer number of 'down the middle' experienced centre forwards we have on the books. All of whom seem to operate better with a partner than wide support.

The worry about rushing Hutch back to "rough them up" is not only that he quickly breaks down again like at Barnsley, but also that he gets it wrong if he's a bit rusty and picks up a straight red which would mean him missing the Fulham game and all 3 play off matches.

Bench needs to be stronger than what's on the pitch, so they can alter a game..

Rhodes, Forestieri, Hutchinson, McManaman, Nuhiu, Palmer, Wildsmith.... is probably the best bench in The Championship.

Whoever is fittest between Lee and Jones starts, both underrated 

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Bench needs to be stronger than what's on the pitch, so they can alter a game..

Rhodes, Forestieri, Hutchinson, McManaman, Nuhiu, Palmer, Wildsmith.... is probably the best bench in The Championship.

Whoever is fittest between Lee and Jones starts, both underrated 

A fit Fessi and Hutch will start every game .