Tying up play-offs before the last game

If it does go to the final game it wont just be us that may be tired. Its different tolast season as the play off teams were confirmed and only brighton were fighting in the last game. This year there could be five teams fighting for the play offs on the last day. 

Edited by flo

Don't know if this has been mentioned and I certainly don't want to contribute to the fearmongering and the general sh!t your pants panic of OwlsTalk but we really need to sort out our play-off spot before the Fulham game.

It may be out of our hands, we need Reading or Leeds to proper balls it up and of course to get results from our next three games but if we go up against Fulham with a must win we might end up doing a Brighton.

If we don't get the points required from the Fulham game, players will be tired for the play-offs, maybe some nagging injuries and suspensions too. Not taking anything away from what our team did on that Friday evening last May but you could tell Brighton were knackered and were missing key players.

Hopefully we can go into the Fulham game playing bit part players and a few youths, who amongst us would care if we lost if it was to the expense of Leeds United?

bobbar your pants panic lol

As things stand , it aint going to be either us or Fulham. There are only 4 pts between Reading in 4th and Fulham in 7th. 

Its 3 from 4 .

There is as much chance of Weeds or Reading missing out. 

Get it sorted before the last game, I'm sick to death of starin' at the Kop floor for the last 5 minutes every game...I'm a f.ookin' wreck!......I cheer a goal stare at the clock , then down at me feet...I'm 60 next for the sake of God!..I should be taking this with a certain nonchalant charm , that reassures the younger ones around me, but hey..If SYP can reassure us with sodding kalashnikovs , i can gibber a bit surely?

I would hate to see my goal celebration on video...I dance around like an idiot for 2 minutes, then sink into a miserable mess of sheeite on me seat.

Its the hope...I'm fine when its all dashed an' turned ashes...but while a little light still shines....I'm a total muppet

Get it sorted before the last game, I'm sick to death of starin' at the Kop floor for the last 5 minutes every game...I'm a f.ookin' wreck!......I cheer a goal stare at the clock , then down at me feet...I'm 60 next for the sake of God!..I should be taking this with a certain nonchalant charm , that reassures the younger ones around me, but hey..If SYP can reassure us with sodding kalashnikovs , i can gibber a bit surely?

I would hate to see my goal celebration on video...I dance around like an idiot for 2 minutes, then sink into a miserable mess of sheeite on me seat.

Its the hope...I'm fine when its all dashed an' turned ashes...but while a little light still shines....I'm a total muppet

and Reading take the lead as I finish typing...Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As everybody knows ...err well some did know: Villa will finish strong, Hudds will fall away (cos they aint got strength in depth)...Leeds will fall away cos they are a one man team, Norwich will finish strong along with Derby.

So far so good. lol

It's in our own hands...and pesky Fulhams

As everybody knows ...err well some did know: Villa will finish strong, Hudds will fall away (cos they aint got strength in depth)...Leeds will fall away cos they are a one man team, Norwich will finish strong along with Derby.

So far so good. lol

It's in our own hands...and pesky Fulhams

As everybody knows...if we can't beat Barnsley we'll be nowhere near the playoffs especially as we have to play Rotherham away. Newcastle and Colin's coming to Hillsborough   lol 

Guest Deleted member

I would love Wednesday and Fulham to be in a situation where they could be in a situation where a draw for both teams would cement their places in the play offs at the expense of Leeds.

Something on the lines of the Disgrace of Gijon springs to mind.

I would love it if we kick off, and all the players sit down for 90 minutes and chat about what theyre going to do over the summer...

Mind you by all accounts thats exactly what we did against Man City in the 70s when we looked like getting relegated from the First Division - only nobody told the bloody sub

I would love it if we kick off, and all the players sit down for 90 minutes and chat about what theyre going to do over the summer...

Mind you by all accounts thats exactly what we did against Man City in the 70s when we looked like getting relegated from the First Division - only nobody told the bloody sub

Bowyer Nige......He scored an' everyone ..even his own team mates looked..... at him aghast....

Guest Deleted member

surely they could have popped an OG in for us - (I know back then we wouldnt have been able to score it ourselves)

I think to myself that if we don't finish in the top six then we never had a hope of winning the playoffs anyway but if we do make it then we have enough about us to have a chance.

I think we'll do it. But I'm not going to cross my fingers and hope for favours. 

We'll do it if we deserve to.

Bowyer Nige......He scored an' everyone ..even his own team mates looked..... at him aghast....

Didn't one of our players injure one of theirs that meant he missed the cup final that upset them a little?

3 teams competing for 2 play off places. No way will we have the luxury of having tied this up before the final game. Udders and Reading are more or less there and will be able to rest players in their final games. Leeds in a position by which our last game with Fulham could be their 'safety net' which might also give their players a breather. Their jammy point last night could be very big in this.

Looks like it is us or Fulham - the 2 form teams of the play off contenders!! Game on.