New home shirt

Owt we wear will have criticism end of day I hate the comments it's his club . . . No it's our club we pay for tickets shirts merchandise etc he funds the players with income from us etc (to a degree that is) I liked this years shirt so something similar why change identity twice in 2 seasons but pointless might as well have done it his year and included gold next. The shirts have changed so many times that we can't actually argue which one is Wednesday. Yes my years and majority years have been stripes but others haven't. I don't care only thing I care about is the ground change the ground you might as well change the name cause then it's not Wednesday. Hillsborough is our home.

Edited by Lomas613

He wasn't just saying that blue and white stripes are important to him

He was saying Sheffield Wednesday playing in blue and white stripes is important to him.

So your suggested solution is poor really.

Some people hold the club's identity dear. Colours and patterns play a big part of all football clubs, some have them a part of their badge.

These identities have evolved into what they are over decades, they're recognisable at first site by many people around the world.

Groups, teams, tribes etc have been doing it for years, it's not a new thing that's childish, it's a part of human culture and probably always will be.

Maybe our club's identity is still evolving, then? We haven't always played in blue and white stripes - we didn't for a couple of seasons when I was a kid, and that was as recent as the mid-nineties.

If it were the first time we'd ever ditched the stripes I could see it being more of an issue, but we've not played in evenly-spaced blue and white stripes for more than a fifth of our club's history. As I've said before on here, as a kid my favourite kit was this stripe-less beauty:

Hirst.jpg.22a125b5603d25edd460d7b68288a14f.jpg

It's not as if the mooted new kit is a radical break with tradition, either - it's going to be based on a design we used for more than half a decade within living memory of many of our fans.

There are far worse things that a chairman could do than pick his favourite historical kit for us to play in.

The near all blue kit has NOTHING to do with the 60s kit, and all to do with Chansiri preference to have us as an all blue team.

Because our fan base is pathetically lame, it's happening.

No wonder the blades call us the northern Normans.

Why would you suspect that I'd be happy with us playing in red? I don't think any Wednesday fan would be. There's lots of things that get me riled up when supporting Wednesday but a change to the kit design certainly isn't one of them. Especially when it's a throw back to an old design!

To be honest I'm more bothered about what happens on the field. 

Everybody is more bothered about what happens on the field mate, but don't underestimate the number of fans who are proud of tradition and history, clubs don't get 20 an 30 thousands in the third tier of football because of "What happens" on the field

When Dunsby posts his faded photos of long past glory, he doesn't get plus points cos folk like monochrome photos, he gets them because Owls fans are proud of what the club was, and the glories of Wednesdays past, was mainly done in blue and white stripes...no f.ookers stringing themselves up because we haven't got 'em, but whats is the harm of letting the fans choose the "Anniversary shirt"..be brilliant PR....

The near all blue kit has NOTHING to do with the 60s kit, and all to do with Chansiri preference to have us as an all blue team.

Because our fan base is pathetically lame, it's happening.

No wonder the blades call us the northern Normans.

Quite a lot of our fanbase clearly like our current kit. What they'll make of next season's design remains to be seen.

For those who don't like the idea of us reverting to blue with white sleeves, what would you suggest they do so as to avoid being 'pathetically lame'?

Maybe our club's identity is still evolving, then? We haven't always played in blue and white stripes - we didn't for a couple of seasons when I was a kid, and that was as recent as the mid-nineties.

Think it was settled in terms of pattern and colours, with the odd deviation.

Ask fans of other clubs what ours are if you're not sure.

So many people are sayin stuff like we have to choose between success and having our traditional kit.

I didn't realise that Huddersfield Town, Fulham or Reading had to do any of that  identity changing to do well this season...

So our identity has changed because we're reverting back to a shirt we worn at our 100th anniversary lol 

Gateway to all blue for 2018/19. flipping wonderful.

If he wanted us to look like Birmingham why didn't he just buy them?

Tbf it'll be all over in a few years anyway, he'll get bored of us by some point and bin us off

All this moaning about the stripes is how I felt when 70s owl was binned off.

Quite a lot of our fanbase clearly like our current kit. What they'll make of next season's design remains to be seen.

For those who don't like the idea of us reverting to blue with white sleeves, what would you suggest they do so as to avoid being 'pathetically lame'?

Not buy it, or wot from the club shop.

We're allowed the odd deviation, then?

Panic over!

Complaint is that A, it's the anniversary kit, a traditional blue and white striped kit would've sold like hot cakes. What's the good of record sales if it's less than it could've been. And B, DC doesn't like our traditional stripes, hence 2 different kits in a row that haven't got them.

That seems sensible. Nobody would buy a shirt they didn't like.

We'll just have to wait and see how it does when it eventually goes on sale, then...

Football fans do tho...I mean "Like" has nowt to do with it...Its not as though yer gonna wear it to a christenin'..its football

So our identity has changed because we're reverting back to a shirt we worn at our 100th anniversary lol 

Because Chansiri TOTALLY knew about that :columbo: He was always gonna do this, it's just pure coincidence that it falls on the same season as our 150th anniversary.