New home shirt

Go back to the days of the club being in "backs to the wall time" would you have taken an owner who would invest heavily and promise to do whatever it took? 

The price being the stripes - not trying to provoke anyone but surley an interesting question to answer?

Go back to the days of the club being in "backs to the wall time" would you have taken an owner who would invest heavily and promise to do whatever it took? 

The price being the stripes - not trying to provoke anyone but surley an interesting question to answer?

If success is the only thing which matters then just support somebody else.

I want the stripes back but it's the lesser of two evils no?

But that's exactly the point.

Identifiable club culture and being successful aren't mutually exclusive.

Manchester City are the key example of that. 

Winning top flight titles, bringing in some of the most exciting players in European football. 

One of the most recognisable coaches in World football in charge of the team.

And their kit....?

Related image

.......still instantly recognisable as Manchester City

So those defending the shitkits are saying we have to if we want success. They don't go together, we can easily be in stripes and have success. I'm a huge fan of DC but the removal of stripes is ridiculous and causing unnecessary division amongst our fan base. 

I didn't buy a shirt this year and I won't be next. I normally buy 2 per season so he's lost @£200 straight away. Allegedly the pinstripe thing was a big seller, if that was proper stripes on the back of last seasons success the tills would still be ringing.

Having been at the Hundredth anniversary game, I'd love be at the 200th.  Doubt it though.  lol

Thats my target too mate 100 and 200th. Want to be the only one though. No offence lol

Edited by Warnocchio

Though in the U.K we are recognised for our blue and white stripes, in emerging football markets such as Asia and USA we have little profile. Clearly a blue Arsenal shirt is recognised here as Ipswich, but they also don't have profile in these nations so we could make this 'our own', as I can't think of any top European clubs that play in that style of shirt. The blue and white stripes is recognised as Porto due to their European success. So those arguing we should be in blue and white due to brand recognition haven't really thought that argument through.

Though in the U.K we are recognised for our blue and white stripes, in emerging football markets such as Asia and USA we have little profile. Clearly a blue Arsenal shirt is recognised here as Ipswich, but they also don't have profile in these nations so we could make this 'our own', as I can't think of any top European clubs that play in that style of shirt. The blue and white stripes is recognised as Porto due to their European success. So those arguing we should be in blue and white due to brand recognition haven't really thought that argument through.

good point. Its a world market for top clubs