New home shirt

This will be (though I can never promise) my last post about this tonight. 

But it's a question of identity 

I have pulled here kits from clubs (British) at random stages of their history. And I do genuinely mean at random. 

But, with the badges and sponsors taken off.

I'll bet that most people whatever their age, generation etc etc can still name at least 18/21 them .  Because they will be able to recognise the imagery.

They will be able to recognise the identity those clubs have built for themselves even though suppliers change,  if materials change, sponsors change, fashions and stylings change.  

The central core imagery is still the same.

identity.png

I can see three Lincoln City kits it's a trick photo lol 

Can we send him a video of bha and Newcastle this season then ?

Yep, ironic that 2 striped teams have beaten Chansiri team to the automatics.

I think DC has set himself on calculated course to get his way & he won't reverse easily.

The timing of the kit releases (3rd kit released after the start of the season.

The barely visible pin stripes.

The false reference to the one blue kit in our history.

The timing of the announcement - just before a winnable home tie, whilst we all concentrating on the footy.

Very manipulative.

(From left to right)

Pigs ,Celtic, Newcastle,  Man Utd, Chelsea , Rangers,  Blackpool

Man City, Liverpool, Portsmouth, S'hampton, Bradford, Arse, Sunderland

West Brom,  Blackburn,  Norwich, Watford, Gillingham, Ipswich, Deceased 

Damn I got gillingham wrong!

It's quite simple really, while ever we are doing well dissenters will be told to get in line, shut up and let the people in charge do what they want.

It's when we eventually have a bad season that this situation is going to get 'interesting' should we still be playing in kits without stripes.

Edited by Rayman

It's quite simple really, while ever we are doing well dissenters will be told to get in line, shut up and let the people in charge do what they want.

It's when we eventually have a bad season that this situation is going to get 'interesting' should we still be playing in kits without stripes.

Christ next time we are up bobbar**t creek without a paddle...Make sure bloke who saves us with HIS money likes stripes ...

I'd like us back in our stripes of course I would but I'm not chucking teddy out of cot .He's kept with our history if you look at our historical kits.the stripes will return 

Thats the clever bit 

Every change has been with a nod to something in our History so fans not overly fussed like your good self can say "well at least its in our History " 

Stripes are synonymous with Wednesday i can't be arsed to check how many of the 150 yrs have been stripes but i'd hazard a guess its nudging 140 of them 

For our Anniversary a shirt that we wore for 7 seasons is not appropriate IMO

Christ next time we are up bobbar**t creek without a paddle...Make sure bloke who saves us with HIS money likes stripes ...

So if he has a brain fart ala Vincent Tan and decides that Red is the lucky colour your opinion will be the same ?

Spaff all our history down the drain for 30 pieces of silver 

This will be (though I can never promise) my last post about this tonight. 

But it's a question of identity 

I have pulled here kits from clubs (British) at random stages of their history. And I do genuinely mean at random. 

But, with the badges and sponsors taken off.

I'll bet that most people whatever their age, generation etc etc can still name at least 18/21 them .  Because they will be able to recognise the imagery.

They will be able to recognise the identity those clubs have built for themselves even though suppliers change,  if materials change, sponsors change, fashions and stylings change.  

The central core imagery is still the same.

identity.png

Nail on the head.

Case closed.

Edited by Donny.Owl

DC can make changes as he sees fit if it's in the best interests of the club.

Not a fan of the planned design. Will judge it when I see it in the flesh to see if it's worth purchasing.

It's not in the best interess though is it? It's because he doesn't like stripes.