New home shirt

While I agree with that I would suggest that if people really cared that much it wouldn't be bought. Don't think the red Cardiff shirts broke any of their club records.

It's not difficult to spin and turn Wednesday fans after 17 years outside the top flight. 

While I agree with that I would suggest that if people really cared that much it wouldn't be bought. Don't think the red Cardiff shirts broke any of their club records.

Because Cardiff have some grit & didnt queue up like sheep (no Welsh jokes) to buy it. They got a reverse.

Our fans have been pathetic on this issue. And it looks like the kit change will stick.

There is no indication that such a possibility will occur so its not relevant to the ongoing thread.

It's very relevant. This man can do what he wants can't he? He's the owner. It's a hypothetical question but interesting to find out how far people will swap tradition for a home game against Bournemouth. 

For me it is.

As I say, if success is all that you care for then simply change your allegiance to that of a top club.

The things that matter to me are identity, tradition, the tribal factor/pride in my place of birth, and the memories I make with family/friends at the games.

Take away some of the above and I lose that connection with the club. Once that happens it means my interest is lost also.

Ok I would get that argument if we had always played in blue and white stripes, but we simply haven't. 30 years we have spent in our time not wearing blue and white stripes. Do you look at the 60s in utter disgust? do you look at the earliest photos of Wednesday as though it isn't us? To be honest I don't believe you feel that strongly.

but an adult made the decision

surely if the majority of fans were against the change then sales would have reflected this.

so the sale of shirts is part of the debate as its showing DC that the fans are ok with the change

(for the record , im in the stripes camp,  and would love to see us back in stripes)

Exactly.  Someone, understandably , wants to see a child in some Wednesday attire. And the obvious choice, the classic choice. Is a home shirt.  It makes sense. 

But that's the key. I'll be willing to wager that 90% of sales at the club shop are shirts . Whatever club you are at or support the first item of purchase in nearly all our lives is a home shirt.  

So there will always be sales. They are the "main" event. 

It's the old a "Roll a turd in glitter , stick a club badge on it and some chump will buy it". We've all seen some right old football related tatt over the years. Not our club. But everywhere. And we don't buy it. 

But the shirts...... There is almost an invisible force that makes people buy them. As I said before,  they are the main item. 

There are people out there who just have to buy them.  

"I've had everyone since 1974 and I'm not stopping now".

We all know these people. 

But it doesn't make it right. 

Selling to people with this habits reminds me of something my old housekeeper Mrs Prachett used to say "Don't mock the afflicted"

And I think putting this shirt for sale knowing they'll take whatever is put in front of them is doing just that!

NB- Pleased to know you're stripes at heart. 

The reality of it is this...

record shirt sales this season show that the MAJORITY of fans were happy with the change from broad stripes to white pin stripe

Next seasons shirt will break all records for shirt sales again.

Now wether you are for or against this, the facts cant lie

It's the only shirt in town sadly. People buy shirts to go to matches, record season ticket sales and discounts help. It doesn't mean people prefer it - it means they tolerate it. And it also means to many of them traditions don't matter as much as they matter to me. But the majority of Wednesday fans haven't bought the shirt - FACT. 

Because Cardiff have some grit & didnt queue up like sheep (no Welsh jokes) to buy it. They got a reverse.

Our fans have been pathetic on this issue. And it looks like the kit change will stick.

because it's blue and white-most don't see it as such a drastic change

"come on you blue and white wizzards"

still works.

Its not a strawman argument - i quite clearly set out the 2 positions - even if i exaggerated to make the point

Some people believe in certain things that are integral to SWFC and moving too far from that position well, thne is it really still SWFC?

Others seem quite content to let the owner do what he likes just because he is putting a better standard of product on the pitch

Again, to some the identity and traditions of the club are more important than short lived increased performances

While to others the performances and results are everything

I'm not gonna win an argument with anybody who doesn't care about the kit and thats not my point - i'm setting out my own psotion and why i feel that way

I thought to make exaggerated claims of the opposition's argument was a strawman but never mind.

The club has been up for sale for years no Sheffield Wednesday fan was prepared to take them on, so we have had to rely on someone from the other side of the world to keep our traditions going. 

Traditions and identity didn't seem that important enough to Sheffield Wednesday fans to buy the club.

Yes, maybe a bit extreme but if it wasn't for the none Sheffielders there wouldn't be a club to argue over whether we have stripes or not.

I do care about the kit but I don't think this the time to be fighting that battle, it would be nice to be a traditional Premier club.

I do understand the way you feel.

As I've previously said I'm a confirmed stripe fan & always will be. 

But as an aside our rivals up the M1 Leeds Utd actually played in blue & white stripes for the first few years. From then they played in various forms of blue & yellow until 1960 when they converted to all white in 1960. In a relatively short space of time they were winning the League, FA Cup & playing in European finals.

Should similar success come or way (however unlikely) I wonder how much of a clamour we would still have to revert back to stripes.

like when they had this?

Sheffield-United-15-16-Home-Kit+(2).jpg

This was a true anniversary kits, copying a very early blades outfit. It was made clear that it was for a season.

A good anniversary kit for the blunts, our equivalent would be the hoops for a season.

This effort is an arrogant chairmen manipulating OUR anniversary to get his way.

No slur intended on DC here , but he's not the only candidate that could have taken this club forward.

If Milan had held out a little longer , perhaps another suitor would have come forward who loved the stripes , and injected more funds into the club , and who knows , maybe a stadium redevelopment already underway.

Too much of a DC love in going on.

Again , not a slur on him and his commitment so far , I'm perfectly satisfied.

Just gi stripes back.

this is the first shirt I ever took interest in Wednesday in

sheff-wed-95-home-mw-ls.jpg

But apparently it HAS to be blue and white stripes.

A poor kit, but can judged just as blue & white stripes, thankfully the design was ditched straight away.

What has this bad kit got to do with Chansiri wanting an all blue team?