New home shirt

I remember him being on the front cover of a programme wearing the mentioned kit. Wonder if mustaches will ever make a comeback, as beards have.

Funny looking chap. Half spiv , half Paul Calf...Howard Kendall seemed to like him though.  

But if he's bringing us success that we wouldn't have had otherwise is it really that painful?

You ask a good question.  At the moment I'm happy that we are becoming more able to compete in this money-dominated football world. I feel very disappointed about the kit decision, but it's not a deal-breaker to me.  I don't know why DC has bought the club. From what I hear it's mainly to do with his son which if true I find bizarre. As long as the main traditions of the club are respected then I'm sure I'll survive, but to be honest I feel rather uneasy about it all. I'm happy accept that I'm a dinosaur, but it's how I feel after 57 years of supporting my beloved team. 

It's not about brand recognition

It's about our identity

Brand recognition is what caused Tan to make Cardiff play in Red and what caused the Hull owner to demand their name be changed to Tigers

It's this simple for me - some fans (like me) want to retain our identity as the club we have proudly been through the years

Others would still think it was SWFC if we changed to red kits, moved to Manchester and called ourselves Sheffield Chansiri Exiles

Football clubs evolve through the years and league position is ultimately all that clubs are judged on.

Chansiri is improving us and is improving our league position and is giving us another great opportunity to return to the Premier League.

He has brought the 'feel good factor' back. If that means changing from stripes to blocks of solid colour then so what? i would gladly swap stripes for success. He isnt doing anything drastic. He isnt changing our kit colour from blue and white, he isnt moving us to Manchester and he isnt renaming us.

Chansiri is the best Chairman this club has ever had. He has earnt the right to change the kit. He got rid of the traditional stripes but we havnt lost our identity. Chansiri is too clever and aware for that.

Stripes dont soften the pain of losing, they dont give the club the feel good factor, they dont win football matches.

The examples you give above to try and make your point are very extreme: stripes= retaining our identity vs changing our kit to red and moving to Manchester.

Theres a lot of fans, myself included, who sit nicely in the middle, who would quite happily swap stripes for the Premier League. 

Edited by Tudders

The identity that we all love and will till our dying day is "Sheffield Wednesday" the rest is just dressing

I'm sorry old man, you've lost me. 

The identity we love is Sheffield Wednesday. ..but the rest is dressing?

What does that mean?

A club is more than a name. Identity is more than a name. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

We are blue and white stripes, why can some of you fans not see this?

I think DC's money has gone to some of the fans heads. 

Potentially the best years of our history are going to be played in that shambolic old style kit. Those pictures will be shown for generations without the stripes.

Jack Charlton got rid of this old kit, he said Wednesday were known for their stripes.

Shocking choice!

Chansiri is the best Chairman this club has ever had. He has earnt the right to change the kit. He got rid of the traditional stripes but we havnt lost our identity. Chansiri is too clever and aware for that.

What is our identity?

Out of interest

Potentially the best years of our history are going to be played in that shambolic old style kit. Those pictures will be shown for generations without the stripes.

Jack Charlton got rid of this old kit, he said Wednesday were known for their stripes.

Shocking choice!

The kit went before Jack. 

DC came bought the club and changes were expected.

He is Known to be a superstitious man and someone has convinced him that only

teams playing in solid colour shirts are successful in England.

The EPL has never been won by a team playing in stripes.

The last time the old first division was won by a team playing in stripes was Sunderland

in 1935.

Some of Europes most successful clubs do play in stripes.

So we shall see, DC owns the club so he can indulge himself.

Shocking choice!

you're supposed to live in the now!

The identity that we all love and will till our dying day is "Sheffield Wednesday" the rest is just dressing . The colour of our shirts (unless it was changed to red" should never be a problem. We have had all sorts of coloured away shirts. Where we play should never be a problem. There will be some who are traditionist and will always PREFER the old stripes and Hillsborough. Times move on as does Sheffield Wednsday  . Man City moved ground. Arsenal moved ground.

When we get into the Premiership I think it will be essential we move ground to somewhere that is full every week and is more sustainable. If Mr C gets us there and sells us to some Trillionaire business tycoon (not from Azerbaijan) and we are in the Champions league will you moaners still be moaning? Progress has to start somewhere. Why not now. For us older supporters the sooner we start climbing the football ladder the better. We dont have the time left for another 20 years of going nowhere. Go for it Mr Chansiri. Do what needs to be done (no red though) and the supporters will accept it if we are successful. Some may take  a bit longer and some will always moan.

Just get Sheffield Wednesday where we all want them to be.

crest-black-4x3138-2918803_478x359.jpg

Nailed it 

Nailed it 

Nailed  what?  A piece of string with a  jelly hammer? 

This ....."The identity that we all love and will till our dying day is "Sheffield Wednesday" the rest is just dressing ."  is an absolute jargon throw away line that means nothing at all.

The rest of it about the rest of you being able to sell yourselves out, is admittedly on target.

DC came bought the club and changes were expected.

He is Known to be a superstitious man and someone has convinced him that only

teams playing in solid colour shirts are successful in England.

The EPL has never been won by a team playing in stripes.

The last time the old first division was won by a team playing in stripes was Sunderland

in 1935.

Some of Europes most successful clubs do play in stripes.

So we shall see, DC owns the club so he can indulge himself.

Loads of teams have been promoted from the division we are in wearing stripes

2 more at least this season by the looks of things too - maybe all 3