New home shirt

it's simple...

if you don't like it don't buy it

you wont be the only one not buying it, but there will be plenty that will buy it

Not really about buying it. 

It's about watching it. 

It's about recognising it when I open a newspaper.

It's about seeing someone wearing one in some strange corner of the globe 

Not really about buying it. 

It's about watching it. 

It's about recognising it when I open a newspaper.

It's about seeing someone wearing one in some strange corner of the globe 

you will still watch it tho

you will come to recognise it

you will see folk wearing it in far flung places.

i suspect sales will be very good. 

Just watching the Barcelona match. The Real Sociedad kit would have been a good compromise. 

Blue and white stripe front, plain blue back and all white sleeves. 

Dunno how to do post an image of it from phone

http://m.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/mobile/en/product/Real-Sociedad-Home-Shirt-2016-17/175224

Edited by LoadABallacks

They probably will be Andy. 

Shirts don't win promotion 

Players in them do

What's the quality of the squad got to do with the kit tradition?

Penistone Church FC formed 1906, see their black & white stripes as integral to the clubs same Newcastle, Sunderland & The Blades.

We, demonstrated by you,  just ain't fecking bothered.

If it's these then at least if I put gaffer tape over the top half of my spectacles to obscure any view of the shirt I can pretend we have a Wednesday kit 

photo-28113.jpg

Ah so, they're not wearing shorts next year then?  Expect a boost in female ST holders

Well I'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

This seasons shirt I found rather effeminate , and probably this next offering will be much the same.

Don't put someone in charge of a kit design , who knows bugger all about British male traditions.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that dressing room , when the players first donned that abomination , bet the atmosphere was blue.

Suspect that contributed to the underwhelming performances as well. Would love to know what the players actually think of it.

Bit like getting down to yer bedroom antics , stood there in yer caveman glory , and the missus says " can yer don a nurses outfit " , yer just ain't gonna rise to the occasion are ya.

Some on here would , but whatever floats yer boat.

Fully expecting a negfest for that , so fire away.

you will still watch it tho

you will come to recognise it

you will see folk wearing it in far flung places.

i suspect sales will be very good. 

I don't have a choice but to watch it. Having invested heart and soul into the club.

And maybe I , and others, are seemingly irrational in our irritation.

But there is no rationality to watching Wednesday. There is no rationality in football full stop. It's "just a game". And it truly is just a game. Even I know that. 

There is probably no rationality in me being so....so...upset about something which is to many nothing more than an item of clothing.  

But I am bothered, because rationale doesn't come into it.  If it did, I wouldn't be bothered about kit changes.  I wouldn't be bothered about our name. Our reputation. Our identity. 

But I am. And It is ingrained in me , as tradition is, of watching those teams, those players who provide the rich tapestry that is our history, those kits, those striped shirts and the men who wore them are woven into my very character as a human being , because if they were not...I wouldn't be the person I am.

It is , for me at any rate, impossible not to be attached to an images of those players, in those kits.  

It is that sense of enshrined identity and sense of belonging.  No doubt what a psychologist would even go as far as to call tribalism.

If I didn't care about those stripes. About that kit. About the Archibald Leach metal work on the Southstand roof. If i Wasn't proud of the biggest still serving cantilever stand in The football League ....then I would be able to accept it.  And if I could accept my lifetimes love, and passion, the imagery , the mental and physical maps of my own memory being changed , then I would be able to walk away. 

*NB - I suspect you are quite right by the way, and I agree totally. They will no doubt sell excellently and in vast quantities.... in this consumerist, faddish age we live in. 

roland_nilsson_365x470_zpsf496288f.jpg

Edited by Lord Snooty

I don't have a choice but to watch it. Having invested heart and soul into the club.

And maybe I , and others, are seemingly irrational in our irritation.

But there is no rationality to watching Wednesday. There is no rationality in football full stop. It's "just a game". And it truly is just a game. Even I know that. 

There is probably no rationality in me being so....so...upset about something which is to many nothing more than an item of clothing.  

But I am bothered, because rationale doesn't come into it.  If it did, I wouldn't be bothered about kit changes.  I wouldn't be bothered about our name. Our reputation. Our identity. 

But I am. And It is ingrained in me , as tradition is, of watching those teams, those players who provide the rich tapestry that is our history, those kits, those striped shirts and the men who wore them are woven into my very character as a human being , because if they were not...I wouldn't be the person I am.

It is , for me at any rate, impossible not to be attached to an images of those players, in those kits.  

It is that sense of enshrined identity and sense of belonging.  No doubt what a psychologist would even go as far as to call tribalism.

If I didn't care about those stripes. About that kit. About the Archibald Leach metal work on the Southstand roof. If i Wasn't proud of the biggest still serving cantilever stand in The football League ....then I would be able to accept it.  And if I could accept my lifetimes love, and passion, the imagery , the mental and physical maps of my own memory being changed , then I would be able to walk away. 

*NB - I suspect you are quite right by the way, and I agree totally. They will no doubt sell excellently and in vast quantities.... in this consumerist, faddish age we live in. 

roland_nilsson_365x470_zpsf496288f.jpg

did we switch to a darker, bolder, blue then?

dint flipping work last year tho did it :(

We came very close though. 

The shirts and shorts got us into the top six.

One subtle adjustment to last years kit in the summer and we'd probably be above Brighton now....

Untitled.png

Edited by Lord Snooty