New home shirt

I would prefer stripes but as long as it looks a nice blue and white shirt, and this seasons does, though mainly blue, I'm alright with it. it's smart and doesn't look like some modern cheap shirts doing the rounds last few years. 

this is the first shirt I ever took interest in Wednesday in

sheff-wed-95-home-mw-ls.jpg

But apparently it HAS to be blue and white stripes.

This explains a lot!

So, you were part of the second generation of Wednesday fans to be visually assaulted and mentally scarred, after the those poor kids of the 65- 72 tragedy. 

Watching Wayne Collins and Adem Poric. ..charging about in an old curtain from a Blackpool knocking shop and being brought up to think it's normal.

You have my sympathies , and i wish youd mentioned it earlier but....well...Though it's too late for you now... think of the future. ...do you want  kids of tomorrow to have to go through what you had to!!

Do you want them as adults to think no stripes is normal...acceptible. ... because it will!!!

Edited by Lord Snooty

This explains a lot!

So, you were part of the second generation of Wednesday fans to be visually assaulted and mentally scarred, after the those poor kids of the 65- 72 tragedy. 

Watching Wayne Collins and Adem Poric. ..charging about in an old curtain from a Blackpool knocking shop and being brought up to think it's normal.

You have my sympathies , and i wish youd mentioned it earlier but....well...Though it's too late for you now... but think of the future. ...do you what kids kids of tomorrow have to go through what you had to!!

Do you want them as adults to think no stripes is normal...acceptible. ... because it will!!!

We are kit deviants, anything goes with us, the mind is warped

I would prefer stripes but as long as it looks a nice blue and white shirt, and this seasons does, though mainly blue, I'm alright with it. it's smart and doesn't look like some modern cheap shirts doing the rounds last few years. 

Do you have a nice collection of Gilingham shirts at home? 

this is the first shirt I ever took interest in Wednesday in

sheff-wed-95-home-mw-ls.jpg

But apparently it HAS to be blue and white stripes.

That was the first shirt i didn't buy

Up until then i bought just about every shirt - just because it was a Wednesday shirt

I drew the line at that abomination though

Up until then i bought just about every shirt - just because it was a Wednesday shirt

and once you're out of the habit you don't buy others, so that shirt must have saved you a fortune over the years!

The reality of it is this...

record shirt sales this season show that the MAJORITY of fans were happy with the change from broad stripes to white pin stripe

Next seasons shirt will break all records for shirt sales again.

Now wether you are for or against this, the facts cant lie

I've yet to see evidence of this record shirt sales. Could even be propaganda to justify the blue shirt.I don't see that many in the stands if I'm honest. We for years have not had enough home shirts to buy. And even if this years shirt sales are high that would be on the back of last seasons performance/ Wembley availability etc.

I bought this, and still have it. It's a poor blue & white striped Wednesday shirt imo, worse than the one with very narrow stripes & white shorts c7 years before.

The 60s kit, this years & next just aren't Wednesday shirts.

For me it is.

As I say, if success is all that you care for then simply change your allegiance to that of a top club.

The things that matter to me are identity, tradition, the tribal factor/pride in my place of birth, and the memories I make with family/friends at the games.

Take away some of the above and I lose that connection with the club. Once that happens it means my interest is lost also.

Absolutely spot on. 

People mention that as the current kit had sold "in record numbers", fans aren't bothered about the lack of stripes. Comments like that lack context. The reason the kit has sold well is because:

- We just had the most successful season in nearly 2 decades

- The quality of manufacture is higher that with previous Sondico kits

- It is unlike any kit from our past (so has novelty value)

I have no doubt if this kit had been released in the Irvine years, it would not have sold anywhere near as much as it has this season. The club is doing well on the pitch so would have sold more shirts than in recent years anyway.