Keith Stroud

Guest RocketOwl

19 minutes ago, Donny El said:

Sorry guys but it's only a RE take if the defending team encroach. If the attacking team encroach it's a free kick. That's according to the book had some refs on radio earlier confirming it. Also a well know local ex ref was not too pleased this morning that he was getting so much stick after getting decision correct . 

Why has the ref apologised then?

9 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

The ref at the centre of the Newcastle game - was he not the ref at home to Brentford was it, when he completely lost the game in the first half. He did not give Fernando a pen, he kept getting hacked down and then he booked FF for a very limited tackle.

If that is the ref - Karma.

Not heard of him. Has he reffed us this season ? 

2 hours ago, Donny El said:

Sorry guys but it's only a RE take if the defending team encroach. If the attacking team encroach it's a free kick. That's according to the book had some refs on radio earlier confirming it. Also a well know local ex ref was not too pleased this morning that he was getting so much stick after getting decision correct . 

That's rubbish. If that were the case, the defending team would encroach every time and prevent the other team scoring!

You can download the Laws of the Game from the FIFA website. It clearly states that it's a retake if the attacking team encroach AND the penalty is scored. It's a free kick to the defending team if the attacking team encroaches but they fail to score.

If the defending team encroach and the penalty is scored, the goal stands. If the defending team encroach and the kick is missed, it's also a retake.

I must be living under a rock cos I've no idea what's happened. I'm assuming Newcastle missed the pen and the ref gave Burton a free kick for encroachment. I'd have thought it'd be a retake. Looking at the still above its harsh to punish Newcastle and reward Burton based on the players positions. 

12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I must be living under a rock cos I've no idea what's happened. I'm assuming Newcastle missed the pen and the ref gave Burton a free kick for encroachment. I'd have thought it'd be a retake. Looking at the still above its harsh to punish Newcastle and reward Burton based on the players positions. 

They scored the pen but the ref gave the free kick to Burton based on Gayle encroaching. 

The rule is if he had missed then it would be a free kick to Burton. If he scored then a retake should be ordered. 

Referee got it wrong and everyone knew bar him hence the meltdown everywhere last night.

Just now, northeastowl said:

They scored the pen but the ref gave the free kick to Burton based on Gayle encroaching. 

The rule is if he had missed then it would be a free kick to Burton. If he scored then a retake should be ordered. 

Referee got it wrong and everyone knew bar him hence the meltdown everywhere last night.

Wow. I remember deon Burton had to retake a pen against the pigs didn't he? Encroachment by our players. He missed the retake. Anyone else remember this? Maybe it wasn't against the pigs. 

As the Burton players were encroaching too I'd have said a retake would be harsh. This decision gives the defending team a huge advantage. They can encroach and if an attacker does the goal is wiped out. As most penalties are scored that's a calculated risk worth taking. 

49 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Wow. I remember deon Burton had to retake a pen against the pigs didn't he? Encroachment by our players. He missed the retake. Anyone else remember this? Maybe it wasn't against the pigs. 

As the Burton players were encroaching too I'd have said a retake would be harsh. This decision gives the defending team a huge advantage. They can encroach and if an attacker does the goal is wiped out. As most penalties are scored that's a calculated risk worth taking. 

But...

If the defending team encroach and the pen is missed then a retake is ordered. If it's scored and they encroach then the goal is given.

19 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Thank foooooook for that - opened this thread fully expecting Stroud to be in charge at the weekend.

It's ok lads, we've got Stuart Attwell in charge this weekend.

:duntmatter:

I'm sure he reffed the last home game we had against Newcastle, the 2-2 about 6 or 7 years ago? He had a shocker but did give us a generous goal. Think it was Varney jumping with Harper. Thought he would give a foul but let it stand

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

In my eyes he got the decision 1/3 correct.

The correct decision was an indirect free kick for Burton due to the Newcastle player encroaching and two indirect free kicks to Newcastle for the Burton players encroaching.

Untitled.jpg.e8c8cd15b7fad9744746b699a38bd508.jpg

That still wouldn't be correct. Using your rationale it should be an indirect free-kick for Burton due to the Newcastle player encroaching, but two goals to Newcastle for the Burton players encroaching.

I think the major problem with refs is there is no way in hell that they have played a game of football in their lives. Whether it's to a decent standard or just Sunday league. They use little common sense, don't know the rules. Don't seem to know what's natural for players to do, as in how they fall, what direction, don't pay attention to change in direction of the ball especially when keepers make a challenge. Let's me honest 90%+ are abysmal. I think if would only change if former players started to ref. Although that would never happen and nobody in the right mind would want to be a ref anyway.

13 hours ago, Donny El said:

Sorry to have to correct you but the referee and assistants got it completely wrong. If a defender encroaches it is only a retake if the penalty is missed, the goal stands if scored. What book are you referring to? It is obviously not the 'Laws of association football'.

ACTUALLY LADS, the rule is as follows:

If a player is taking a 12-yard penalty spot-kick and one of his pals encroaches into the forbidden zone, the penalty must be retaken; this and every subsequent offence however results in the penalty being retaken with a less favourable part of the body, the order of which is to be established upon careful examination of the taker.

We used John Ebbrell as our example, and recommend the following order

1. Foot

2. Arm/Hand

3. Knee

4. Leg (other)

5. Head

6. Face

7. Thorax

8. Botty

9. Winky

10. Breath

11. All other parts of body

12. Shatner's Bassoon

35 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

ACTUALLY LADS, the rule is as follows:

If a player is taking a 12-yard penalty spot-kick and one of his pals encroaches into the forbidden zone, the penalty must be retaken; this and every subsequent offence however results in the penalty being retaken with a less favourable part of the body, the order of which is to be established upon careful examination of the taker.

We used John Ebbrell as our example, and recommend the following order

1. Foot

2. Arm/Hand

3. Knee

4. Leg (other)

5. Head

6. Face

7. Thorax

8. Botty

9. Winky

10. Breath

11. All other parts of body