Keith Stroud

Guest RocketOwl

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Thank foooooook for that - opened this thread fully expecting Stroud to be in charge at the weekend.

It's ok lads, we've got Stuart Attwell in charge this weekend.

:duntmatter:

Attwell awarded the infamous 'ghost goal' for Reading at Watford in September 2008. The ball crossed the goal line before being hooked back by Royals striker Noel Hunt (right) - but it was clearly outside the goal posts

Stuart Attwell allowed this as a goal, we all remember it well.....the "Ghost Goal"

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Even a 5 year old kid will know the penalty rule

Why none of his assistants or the 4th official didn't say anything just shows how bad the standards are

Technology can't come in soon enough

that's the hilarious thing about it...at no point did any of the officials say... err hang on I know this rule lol 

2 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Attwell awarded the infamous 'ghost goal' for Reading at Watford in September 2008. The ball crossed the goal line before being hooked back by Royals striker Noel Hunt (right) - but it was clearly outside the goal posts

Stuart Attwell allowed this as a goal, we all remember it well.....the "Ghost Goal"

To be fair to him, it was his much more experienced (at the time) assistant who insisted it was a goal, but Attwell should've used his seniority to overrule the assistant.

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

To be fair to him, it was his much more experienced (at the time) assistant who insisted it was a goal, but Attwell should've used his seniority to overrule the assistant.

Just looked the last game he managed for us was Brighton away we all know what happened...

12 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Just looked the last game he managed for us was Brighton away we all know what happened...

Gave us a penalty and sent Glenn Murray off. We should probably have made better use of that before Fletcher and Hutch had their say...

Its still baffling how no f.ooker said owt..I mean both the linos must have known...Now either they both hate him an' were simply gigglin' up their sleeves when he gave Burton a free kick NEXT to the sodding penalty spot, or they are as daft as he is.....Burton Albion players?..I bet they were soddin' helpless..It shouldn't happen..I'm not askin' for video evidence or owt, just a basic understanding of the rules by ....THREE!!! of the idiots.

Can you imagine the 4th official tryin' to explain it all to the fat Spanish waiter...?..must have been hilarious.....

"I'm sure Mr Stroud had a good reason for doing whatever the f.ook he has just done Mr Benitez ....could you now bring me the Tapas""

Its ludicrous....

I wish to f.ook Burton had equalised!!!

I'll always defend refs, they've got a crap job, but the fact the red, and all his support got this wrong, is shocking. Could have cost Newcastle £100m. 

It still might it they miss promotion by a goal difference of 1. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'll always defend refs, they've got a crap job, but the fact the red, and all his support got this wrong, is shocking. Could have cost Newcastle £100m. 

It still might it they miss promotion by a goal difference of 1. 

Thats waaay beyond a line decision or owt though mate..thats just bloody ignorance of a basic rule you are taught at school.

I have no doubt a Newcastle player put him straight, which should have come as a reminder...and he could have saved face by simply saying .."Oooh aye"..but he steadfastly stuck to his ridiculous decision

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Thats waaay beyond a line decision or owt though mate..thats just bloody ignorance of a basic rule you are taught at school.

I have no doubt a Newcastle player put him straight, which should have come as a reminder...and he could have saved face by simply saying .."Oooh aye"..but he steadfastly stuck to his ridiculous decision

And that's what makes it worse. I'd like to think a few years ago even the Burton players would have held their hands up.  

Refs, linesmen and 4th officials all words up. Not one out of 4 x professional officials either knew this or had the balls? 

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

And that's what makes it worse. I'd like to think a few years ago even the Burton players would have held their hands up.  

Refs, linesmen and 4th officials all words up. Not one out of 4 x professional officials either knew this or had the balls? 

Must be down to "Not having the balls" mate...I honestly can't believe all 4 of 'em didn't know summatt we all knew in our Dads garden...

5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

The ref at the centre of the Newcastle game - was he not the ref at home to Brentford was it, when he completely lost the game in the first half. He did not give Fernando a pen, he kept getting hacked down and then he booked FF for a very limited tackle.

If that is the ref - Karma.

Wrong 

5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

The FA need to sort this, the ref that sent FF off away at Hull never got any real punishment and then booked a player for breaking his leg this season.

That still makes me so mad, even over a year later. He should have been struck off for that. Felt so sorry for Nando after that. It's so obviously a blatant foul as well. Everybody in the ground knew except him. Idiot.

Sorry guys but it's only a RE take if the defending team encroach. If the attacking team encroach it's a free kick. That's according to the book had some refs on radio earlier confirming it. Also a well know local ex ref was not too pleased this morning that he was getting so much stick after getting decision correct . 

Lack of referees in the game , standards drop . Or technology highlights the decision .

i mean it's as bad as it's getting at the minute, we can't even find a referee for a 10 team 5 aside league , I mean who wants to be shouted and abused for 8 quid a game , likewise professional referees , I don't know how much they get paid , but is it worth it for the amount of abuse they get from everyone. Surely at one point or another it'll take its toll. 

Its also been a very slow news day and been on the radio and tv for hours on end . Can't help with making it into a hype .