The Owls vs Brentford. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Carlos simply cannot motivate the players. All this 'we are in it togther' betrays a lack of real leadership and the buck stops with Carlos. Players do the work to try and claw it back, but TT he game starts on the training ground and the dressing room. They inderperform because of Carlos he seems brilliant with self motivating professionals who can play for pride, but the ones who need firing up play like rugs on Valium.

understand what youre saying but professional players dont need motivation, its his tactics that are suppressing them

Think many expected a win tonight and anything against Leeds a bonus in reality.So let's hope we can get 3 pts against them to make up for tonight a bit.Whenever we get close to anyone at the very top we do seem to lose though.We're either bottling it or it is Carlos's tactics.The players are more than good enough technically to beat Brentford.

Guest Copthorneowl

Christ sake chill a bit ok we lost, wanted to win, it happens meltdown and anti Carlos comments only make you whoever you are look daft get a grip.

Same people will be singing his praises after we win at Leeds.

7 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

Carlos simply cannot motivate the players. All this 'we are in it togther' betrays a lack of real leadership and the buck stops with Carlos. Players do the work to try and claw it back, but TT he game starts on the training ground and the dressing room. They inderperform because of Carlos he seems brilliant with self motivating professionals who can play for pride, but the ones who need firing up play like rugs on Valium.

He can motivate them but he can't set the side up properly.

He won't drop Bannan and play proper winger and is too stubborn to change.

its very irritating and we'll have to hope the overall quality of the team can get the job done, buts it going to be a close run thing.

Expect more results like this before the season ends.

Unless he changes this I can see us struggling again at Leeds.

13 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Haha no I was just going off what a score update website said. 

Still, he's our most penetrating attacking winger by far and he'd create chances for our strikers.  

You never know Carlos... give him a full game and you might discover that you've got a cracking player on your hands just like you did with Abdi on Saturday!

Abdi was hardly cracking tonight, he was awful!

Guest Copthorneowl

At least we've a manager who will put whoever can make a difference as early as possible. I'm as fed up as everybody else but he played the latter part of the game with 4 strikers and every offensive player we've got.

Most managers would be scared to death to do that even when losing give the guy some slack. He knows he's  got to get more out of them in the first 45 the world and his granny even knows.

Just of those nights! Their keeper/defence was solid. It's been coming for weeks though the way we have been playing, so I'm not surprised. Regardless of the decisions, you can't give free headers!  

Winnall and Mcmanaman need to start next game! 

UTO

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, sagesse said:

Pretty inept first half.  Outstanding keeper, but really frustrating.  Oh well. 195 miles back home now!

Well done matey respect. Long way when we've lost I have had some of that believe me.

13 minutes ago, debram said:

understand what youre saying but professional players dont need motivation, its his tactics that are suppressing them

If players don't need motivation then why do we have managers? Or team talks? Colin, Big Sam and 'Arry certainly have got a rep for nothing i guess and confidence certainly has never played any part of a team's rise or decline of course...

Stop talking testicles.

Just got back .  

1/ usual slow start 

2/ Carlos fell back into his old habit of playing three central midfielders making us unbalanced 

3/ plenty of chances in second half but failed to convert them . 

4/ Carlos should have played either Bannan OR Abdi , not both meaning one has to play on the wing. 

Disappointed