Team v Brentford

I am going to try and pick a Carlos team correctly for the first ever time lol

Westwood

Hunt playing the best football since he's been here so Palmer will be right back.

Loovens and Sasso

Pudil surely can't start against that speedster on Saturday so he'll start him against Brentford.

Midfield is trickier.

I think he'll rest Hutch so I will go with Jones.

Surely, just surely he has to go with Abdi.

He always plays Bannan so he'all be on one wing.

He'll have to play Reach at left back on Saturday with Fox out so he'll rest him. McManaman must be tempting him but he'll go with Wallace.

Up front Rhodes. He never ever seems to play FF three times in a week so it will be Fletcher or Winnall. I'll say he will go with Fletcher.

Probably at least a few wrong knowing Carlos.

Very difficult to predict tonight's team ( given CC 's liking for a little rotation and players returning from injuries/knocks. But would like to keep Bannan and Abdi together again and expect to see Sasso remain in the starting eleven . The bench could see Fox , Fletcher and Lees included. Would like to see McManaman feature for 30 mins too. Who knows but Carlos ?

Carlos likes to rest FF if there 2 games in a week and as he did not start last Tuesday I dont think he will start tonight, same starting line up as on Saturday but Winnall in for FF.

3-0 win, hope McManaman get a good run out in second half as he looks as though he could be exciting to watch if given the ball in the right areas.

36 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Did you hear about us at the weekend?? FF played up top with Rhodes and looked very close to his best and scored a cracking goal....just asking like?

Yes I was there and he was outstanding.

But you judge his best slot on one game, and I will judge it over 65 games.

Edited by Holmowl

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Did you hear about us at the weekend?? FF played up top with Rhodes and looked very close to his best and scored a cracking goal....just asking like?

Not just the weekend. Forestieri's form as a forward is excellent. 

Since Fulham away in November, he's played 770 minutes as a forward, scored 6 goals and assisted 2. 

Averaging a goal every 128 minutes.

A goal or an assist every 96 minutes.

He's done next to nothing in his last dozen or so appearances on the left wing. 

Just don't play him alongside Hooper, and you have one of the most productive forwards in the league.

I have a couple of opinions regarding this thread:-

Firstly some of the opinions on Jones are absolutely moronic.

You can be a regular in a team that gets promoted and not be up to the standard required i.e. You have been 'carried' by your team mates. However, he has been promoted FOUR times now with THREE different clubs. He played all 46 matches for Burnley when they were promoted in 13/14. He then retained his place when they were in the PL, playing 36 of the 38 matches. Dyche again made him a mainstay in the Burnley team last season when he played 41 of the 46 matches.

He has played 331 matches - none below Championship level - with 112 of them being in the PL.

I am sorry but all of the above over such a prolonged period simply does not happen to a bad player.  At the very least he is clearly an extremely competent Championship player, at best he is a very good one.

He has only just turned 32 and has never relied on pace so any theories that his legs have suddenly gone are based on zero.

Like Abdi (and any professional footballer) he needs a run in the team to showcase his abilities. The form of Hutch in particular, Lee and Bannan have prevented this happening.

My second point is regarding Forestieri. I don't doubt his ability upfront, he is excellent. The calls for him to play left wing are a reflection on the relative merits of the squad, not on FF's abilities. We have lots of good forwards. More to the point, we only appear to have FF, Buckley and McManaman that are capable of carrying the ball from midfield. We often look unbalanced and like we have no plan B if passing it through the opposition is not working. Carlos doesn't seem willing to give game time to Buckley or McManaman therefore it is hardly surprising that some people keep pushing for FF to play deeper. The people pushing for this hardly seem to deserve some of the comments they are getting when regardless of whether you agree, their opinion is based on sound logic. Eh @Holmowl