What caused you to become a Wednesdayite

I became one simply due to Mick "B", who lived across from me on the Wisewood estate, he moved in from the Spital Hill area, I was 11, he was 15, so I was allowed to  go

with him, he was quite tall so my family felt he could keep me safe, I went to every game with him until I left Wisewood aged 15, whats your story ...

Family and wouldn't change it for anything but my best mate growing up became a Blavde cos he liked that horrid green and yellow chequered keeper top they had

i assumed his dad was a Blavde too but it came to light his dad is a Wednesdayite...bet his dad's reyt disappointed in his son

lol 

Edited by LJH1867OWLS

I'm a Londoner born and bred but when I was about 8 I was never really into football but at the end of the news on Saturday evening for some reason I used to love listening to the man who read out all the football results and the name Sheffield Wednesday always stuck out, being young the Wednesday part made me chuckle.  They were losing every week and I kind of felt sorry for them and each saturday I made sure I listened to the man to see how they got on. From that moment on it escalated. I bought the Merlin sticker album so I could learn the names of all the Wednesday players, my parents ordered me my first Owls kit online, Wednesday birthday cake etc. All my mates were Chelsea and Arsenal and couldn't understand me but I was always proud to be different and tell them 'I am Wednesday'. Then a few years later I went to my first Owls game and got pics with Pressman, Jonk, Sibon at the training ground. As they say, I never looked back and now I am 29 and Wednesday is part of who I am

I am a Wednesdayite simply because my dad use to take me and my best pal at the time to Hillsborough. It was in 1957 and I was 12 years old. I have been a Wednesdayite ever since. 

The funny thing is, that if my dad had taken me to the lane instead, I would have been a blade.

I would imagine that many football fans have had similar experiences. 

In a nutshell I am a Wednesdayite because of fate. 

Bearing all this in mind, I find it difficult to understand the 'hatred' towards rival teams.