The Owls vs Birmingham. Official Matchday Thread.

Ah, 13th Feb 1971. I remember that 3-3 draw. Think we were 3 - 1 up at one stage. 16 y.o. brat called Trevor Francis played for Brum. Wonder what happened to him?

Brum fans had a somewhat animalistic rep at the time, if I remember correctly. Probably their only claim to fame, ever.:biggrin:

Morning all, Great OMDT again Pauli! 

Didnt know our record was so poor against brum over the years  

we've gotta start smashing teams from now on especially at home! Don't get me wrong I'd be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win at the end of the day but just for the sanity of owlstalkers alone I won't accept anything less than a 10-0 win.

so come on Wednesday get at the brummie baśtards!

RELEASE THE LLAMA

OI! DONT CALL ME TREACLE!

OWLSTALK IS IN MELTDOWN 

COS YOU ONLY WON 8-0!

image.jpeg.0441bd2feb07e1fc4a282ef88235e859.jpeg

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

13th Feb 1971, I was at that one, standing on the Kop. Remember many Brummies swarming all over the Kop threatening to hammer people (mainly old men and kids) . Reight 'ard like. Mate I was standing with got hit  between the shoulder blades with a beer bottle lobbed from the back...good old days eh!:picnic:

Never ever liked Birmingham, team or town, really would like to see us stuff 'em tonight 3 or 4 - 0 would suit.

It will be tough tonight. all dem games without a win then they finally won one last time out. they could go on a run now.

also we are 9 points ahead of them, this is their last chance to have a go at play offs. lose and they 12 points behind us, turn us over and its down to 6 points. 

Not saying we are gonna lose, i just think we are gonna have to be 'on it' in terms of performance and desire to get owt.

1-1 winall.    26,262

Guest Copthorneowl

Thanks for the great read and all your efforts Pauli lets hope for a win and the absence of the need for any fan paranoia. UTO