Reach at LM...

Winnall                 Rhodes

FF                     Bannan                        Hutch                 Wallace

Fox                   Lees                           Loovens                Palmer

Westwood

This would be my 11 at the moment, with Hooper fighting for a place with Winnall when fit and McManaman rotating with Wallace. Reach is a good Championship player but he doesn't have any killer instinct. Opposition fullbacks are scared to death of Forestieri and how many times we scored last season from FF cutting in from the left and either scoring himself or setting one up?

I think hes fine away from home at left mid his energy and defensive work helps and he ha more gaps to run into as teams don t it as deep as they do at hillsborough but as mentioned with him, bannon and hutch we lack goals and creativity and although wallace is on a good run of form he can drift out of games easily.

At home we need to either start playing ff wide and dropping reach (or playing him left back), similar problems rest with bannan as well, although hes in good form at the moment I think abdi will offer more at home in the final third of the pitch, hutch can take the ball of the back 4 and spray it around well enough when bannan does this with a defensive midfielder next to him the strikers get to isolated.

My 1st post on here, lifelong Owl mind!  It just shows football is about opinions.  For me, Reach was the best player on the pitch in the 1st half.   He tired in the 2nd, but I think he's a Rolls Royce of a player.  Would like to see more of Abdi and Macca with him.

For me, Reach is Petter Rudi reincarated. Very rarely beats a man gets to the byline or puts a decent ball into the box..

Look past the fee........he aint good enough to justify a start  at the moment, sorry.

He is clearly a talented lad and maybe will be able to start influencing games as an impact sub when games are getting stretched.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Some people like Reach, some people don't see what he brings.

He has played every minute of every match since he arrived. Has he got one goal and one assist? That is a paltry output for a winger.

However, regardless of that, a player that doesn't contribute going forward can still be a vital member of the team.

BUT, we have Hutch who is first name in our midfield and won't score or create many. Bannan next to him who creates but won't score many. It is basic maths and logical deduction that if you also have Reach who rarely scores or creates then it is highly unlikely that your team will score many goals.

Therefore, in my opinion, something has to change in that regard. Abdi in for Bannan is a possibility. More obvious appears to be FF or McManaman for Reach to me, particularly at home.

Been saying similar since August. Count the historical goals per season of our likely starting XI and it didn't have enough goals, unless two strikers and FF play. Which leaves no room on the left for a Reach.

Reach is an excellent player who will get better and better, but this season his role should be LB. I do see him moving to LW in time though. 

Just being honest...I thought he was generally poor last night.

Don't get me wrong he put a shift in, but was often careless with the ball and gave it away in dangerous areas.

His crossing was awful too even when he had time. 

But, I do think he is a player with potential and a good future. I think  we just expect more for 5 million.

50 minutes ago, richowl said:

That he's more like a 1m player & never worth 5m.

47 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

Why spend so much on a winger who can't take defenders on? Don't get me started on his shooting!! 

Sorry but from what I've seen, not good enough like half of our squad 

We should move on from his price tag.

Once bought, all players are equal and get picked on week by week fitness and merit.

Does he add more wide left than FF.....nowhere near right now

Is he better than Pudil....yes

Is he better than Fox.....don't know but he has the shirt and is doing very well.

11 hours ago, robowl4life said:

FF on the left and Macca on the right with Hutch and Abdi in the middle. It's as easy as that lol

He'll never drop Wallace, Reach and Bazza together for that to happen though. But I know which midfield I'd have!

That's a hell of a lot of defensive work you're expecting Hutch to do because he won't get much help from the other 3 in that formation. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Terrific work ethic amazing energy levels and ground covered - end product invisible most of the time. Sure he will come good but needs a spell on the bench.

13 hours ago, richowl said:

Wil never be a success.

i have no idea what he brings to the team in the final 3rd.

i'd be interested to know his pass completion % from tonight (in particular)

£5m (5 MILLION POUNDS!). I'm starting to believe Simon Grayson was right all along...

This for me right now is THE conundrum CC can't get his head around. 

Simple fact is there are better options. Every other position sees rotation and experimentation, but not this one. Bar a couple of LB starts which don't work if we are defending, Reach is undroppable at LM in CC's head. 

6 hours ago, cagOWL said:

My 1st post on here, lifelong Owl mind!  It just shows football is about opinions.  For me, Reach was the best player on the pitch in the 1st half.   He tired in the 2nd, but I think he's a Rolls Royce of a player.  Would like to see more of Abdi and Macca with him.

Welcome aboard cagOWL . Hope you've said all your fond farewells to your past life cos it has just been taken over by that government warning labelled addictive entity that is known the world over as ..............................................

drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......................

OWLSTALK !!!!  YAY, YAY YIPPEEEEE                          lol  (hehehe, another lump of grist to the mill).

We need to forget about the price tag.  I've said it a few times now; we bought potential.

We've made an educated guess that he will develop into a very good player.  At the moment, his performances are ok.  Nothing great, but just ok. 

People need to get off his back.  There were at least two other players worse than him on Friday.