im sorry but that was boring dogshit

9 minutes ago, the monk said:

It's also an expensive entertainment business!!

You bet Fulhams manager would swap our superior points total ?

You sound as cautious with your betting as Carlos is with his tactics 

footballs an entertainment business.when did that happen ?........footballs about following your team thru thick and thin ,your weekend mood is governed by if they have won or lost , when you look at the league table you look at your position not how many goals you have scored .....the theatre or cinema is the  place to for entertainment footballs a sport and like all sports winning is everything .

35 minutes ago, torryowl said:

footballs an entertainment business.when did that happen ?........footballs about following your team thru thick and thin ,your weekend mood is governed by if they have won or lost , when you look at the league table you look at your position not how many goals you have scored .....the theatre or cinema is the  place to for entertainment footballs a sport and like all sports winning is everything .

Maybe that's what it used to be about Nowadays, rightly or wrongly, it does have to be treated as entertainment. You notice it more in the top flight, where there is very little passion in stadiums that are bursting at the seams. It's not like we are punching above our weight, way out ahead of the pack. We'd likely be where we are, or higher, playing an entertaining brand of football, as we did last season.

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Exactly this. 

Where's this football's an entertainment business crap come from? 

I love to watch dynamic, flowing football as much as anyone. But football's a sport. It's about competition and winning.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe that's what it used to be about Nowadays, rightly or wrongly, it does have to be treated as entertainment. You notice it more in the top flight, where there is very little passion in stadiums that are bursting at the seams. It's not like we are punching above our weight, way out ahead of the pack. We'd likely be where we are, or higher, playing an entertaining brand of football, as we did last season.

your not telling me that the many thousands of fans who watch the likes of Hartlepool ,Exeter, Dagenham sheff utd etc etc   ,go because it's entertaining ....if you see a good game great that's a bonus but you go hoping to see your club win .....the johnny come lately's who have latched on to the prem with there taking pictures instead of going berserk when there club scores can keep  there match day experience ..football for me and many others is a freezing cold day in a half empty stadium watching your team grind out a win and when they do we are usually happy

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

your not telling me that the many thousands of fans who watch the likes of Hartlepool ,Exeter, Dagenham sheff utd etc etc   ,go because it's entertaining ....if you see a good game great that's a bonus but you go hoping to see your club win .....the johnny come lately's who have latched on to the prem with there taking pictures instead of going berserk when there club scores can keep  there match day experience ..football for me and many others is a freezing cold day in a half empty stadium watching your team grind out a win and when they do we are usually happy

Bet you've thrown some wild parties in your time....

12 hours ago, clampyowl said:

we've been like this for a while now, any team with jones and reach in the same team, will b poor, good win tonight but im losing more and more faith in Carlos

If you listen to Carlos post match interview he makes it clear we came with a game plan to win and sit deep. He stated this was not the match to play attractive football as last season we were losing at grounds like this. Good management imho

I think for every argument there is a counter argument. It could be said that most if not all of our rivals for play-off positions are producing points returns equal or better than ours. It could also be argued that they are beating opponents more convincingly than we are but, in some cases, without the playing resources that we have. It is actually easy to make a case either way but I can certainly understand people's frustrations when we limp to victory, sometimes very luckily, against opponents that we could reasonably expect to beat if realistic promotion hopes are to be fulfilled. 1-0 victories, do indeed return three points but it also means walking a tightrope for much of the game.

20 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Exactly this. 

Where's this football's an entertainment business crap come from? 

I love to watch dynamic, flowing football as much as anyone. But football's a sport. It's about competition and winning.

People were living last season partly because the football was such a joy. Flair doesn't necessarily mean losing. 

11 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

It seems to me we dont ever like to dominate teams, but step up our levels vs the better sides. Lack of motivation against weaker teams maybe or just negative tactics?

Always going to be easier to get up for a game like Newcastle than a late evening trip to Wigan in the pissin rain. 

Likewise always easier for teams to be up for it when playing the famous  Sheffield Wednesday!!

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

We used to lose these type of games.

Being in the play offs for two seasons running is something we used to dream of.

Well, I'm still dreaming. Can't believe how far we've come in such a short space of time.

Thanks Mr C. Thanks Carlos.

Maybe we've been sussed out and opponents now know how to negate our expansive play? So what does Carlos do, he finds another way of picking up the points. Well done Carlos.

Maybe we need to find another style of play again to entertain, and to pick up points, but I'd guess it's too late in the season now to take risks in re-educating players with a new style mid-season? 

I'd guess any working on a new way of playing starts next pre-season. 

And finally, with so many players, regularly rotating the squad, there will always be a tendency to have an inconsistent standard of play.

Do we need all these players? I don't know, but we demanded them, and Mr C provided.

That could almost be called a Plan B

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

People were living last season partly because the football was such a joy. Flair doesn't necessarily mean losing. 

Indeed, nor would most supporters mind scrappy victories if they were mixed with some more convincing victories (and by convincing, it only means scoring three every now and again).

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Thanks for giving this 57 year old a lesson on football support.

i was in the rawson and didn't see or hear much " my weekend has been made " comments 

Didn't Mr C say we want to play aggressive ETERTAINING football?

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Of course. But people have to accept that you can't play expansive, flowing attacking football every week in this league. It's a tough, tough league and there are 11 other players out there every week trying their hardest to win themselves. 

Its not as simple and easy to just play attacking exciting football as people think. Especially when you're under pressure to deliver points. 

Last night we we took the points. Rotherham, Barnsley, Preston....we took the points. Occasionally we play well and win. Hudds, Newcastle...

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Of course. But people have to accept that you can't play expansive, flowing attacking football every week in this league. It's a tough, tough league and there are 11 other players out there every week trying their hardest to win themselves. 

Its not as simple and easy to just play attacking exciting football as people think. Especially when you're under pressure to deliver points. 

Last night we we took the points. Rotherham, Barnsley, Preston....we took the points. Occasionally we play well and win. Hudds, Newcastle...

once a season would do for me at the moment... still waiting....

When BFR was here we loved it  - playing football "how it should be played" after the sterility of the *** end of the Wilko/Eustace era. That meant he survived taking us down.

We took pride in how we played - a pride that really returned last season.  I do care how we play. Otherwise I'd just watch teletext. 

Of course i want want to win and it's good to be able to grind out results every now and again but if the George Graham way became our permanent way I'd support from afar. 

Just my opinion

Just now, rickygoo said:

When BFR was here we loved it  - playing football "how it should be played" after the sterility of the *** end of the Wilko/Eustace era. That meant he survived taking us down.

We took pride in how we played - a pride that really returned last season.  I do care how we play. Otherwise I'd just watch teletext. 

I thought Carlos was the same after the Irvine and Megson era etc. Might have been a bit premature tbh. Actually this season has followed on from a pretty boring pre-season.

Still feel Vermaj (or whatever his name was) should have been kept instead of Hunt. Would suit our system much better

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You and me too, but we're not aspiring to reJoin the ranks Harlepool, Exeter, Dagenham, SheffUtd ( see what you did there ) Where we are looking to go, football is about entertainment, not solely of course, but it's a big factor. I'm not happy that football is becoming like that, but that ability to market the club to a wider audience, will be one of the reasons Mr Chansiri got involved. What comes after football being "trendy", I don't know, and yes I worry about the future.