im sorry but that was boring dogshit

Just now, rickygoo said:

When BFR was here we loved it  - playing football "how it should be played" after the sterility of the *** end of the Wilko/Eustace era. That meant he survived taking us down.

We took pride in how we played - a pride that really returned last season.  I do care how we play. Otherwise I'd just watch teletext. 

Of course i want want to win and it's good to be able to grind out results every now and again but if the George Graham way became our permanent way I'd support from afar. 

Just my opinion

I care how we play and last night was incredibly poor 

But if we can't get the performance then the result is paramount and we won 

Performance and result are exquisite when it happens like at Newcastle and Huddersfield but if we get one without the other personally id choose a win everytime

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

People were living last season partly because the football was such a joy. Flair doesn't necessarily mean losing. 

no it doesn't but he's hit upon a formula that's getting results so why change it just because some natives don't like it .... if it falls flat then yes change to a more expansive game but at the moment its working .....i'd think everyone at the club would have taken 25 point when we started the 5-8 split of games ......the next run of games is now massively in our favour .we are in a good place right now .I just don't understand why people cant see that .

So if we served up that turgid poo for the next 16 games and won 1 nil in each and got promoted would we all be moaning? 

I got up at 3.45 this morning to watch that gash.  Next Sat am I will do the same. 

Compare this to the absolute drivel we've had in the last 18 years,  pony over the hill freebies who can't run anymore. 

It might not be pretty but neither were Burnley 

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I haven't checked this out yet but it would be interesting to know. Of the top ten clubs in the division as it stands, which of those have not managed to score three or more goals in any game this season?

Do you get more points for that ?

Barnsley have outscored everyone bar Newcastle i believe do you think they would rather have scored fewer and gotten more points instead 

Your point is just this seasons "we've beaten no one in the top 6 "

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Look at the goals we scored against Bristol City and Wigan. Fessi's goal and last night's came from positive runs beyond the forwards by Wallace and Reach. That hardly ever happens - especially from central midfield players when Lee's out.  

We were positive for about 10 minutes, put them under pressure and scored. Then we went back into our shell and but for inept finishing and a good call by a linesman could have ended up dropping 2 points. 

I think with our squad we should be higher in the table but we aren't playing to our full potential- that would involve playing more positively. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Do you get more points for that ?

Barnsley have outscored everyone bar Newcastle i believe do you think they would rather have scored fewer and gotten more points instead 

Your point is just this seasons "we've beaten no one in the top 6 "

Well, it could be argued that with the players that the club as at its disposal now, it would be reasonable to expect a three or more goal return in a game at some time especially if all of our opponents in exactly the same division have done exactly that.

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I haven't checked this out yet but it would be interesting to know. Of the top ten clubs in the division as it stands, which of those have not managed to score three or more goals in any game this season?

We beat Bristol City at home 3-2 

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

none i'd guess ...

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Look at the goals we scored against Bristol City and Wigan. Fessi's goal and last night's came from positive runs beyond the forwards by Wallace and Reach. That hardly ever happens - especially from central midfield players when Lee's out.  

We were positive for about 10 minutes, put them under pressure and scored. Then we went back into our shell and but for inept finishing and a good call by a linesman could have ended up dropping 2 points. 

I think with our squad we should be higher in the table but we aren't playing to our full potential- that would involve playing more positively. 

I agree with almost all this post 

positive critique of the situation 

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Of everything that's been said I agree with this.

Whether it's just the way we set up or whether team's are negating this aspect of our play, we have to be more ruthless.

I can understand protecting a lead and not spending too much energy on forward play when we are a couple of goals to the good with 20 minutes to go but when it's 1-0 then we are asking for trouble.

Overall I felt last night was one of those games that we could have taken a bit more of a risk by playing more on the front foot but had we lost the game playing that way then the threads on here would have been nothing other than CC out. lol

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

don't you start ..carlos at the moment makes pulis look like a keegan wannabe

win games and is likely to get you to the premiership?;-):laugh:

33 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Bang on

26 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

6th and 3pts Are people never flipping happy?:biggrin:

No people on Owlstalk think teams should stand off us and let us play our wonderful passing game.

They dont like performances where the team have to battle and dig in against a feisty side on a poor pitch.

Team spirit is fantastic,and will take you far, when you have that extra bit of quality.

People dont notice when other teams in the top 6 grind out results in boring fashion.