im sorry but that was boring dogshit

35 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Did anyone else stick bangers in sloppy piles ?

Very messy. Was best done near the gangs of girls without them knowing.

Ohhh yeah. I used to love playing around with explosive stuff. Kids today don't know the fun they're missing. lol  But living in the countryside we used to use good old cowsh!t. That stuff flew everywhere.

I just can't see Rhodes (or any player) scoring many with this set-up. And it's not just that Wigan were up for it, nonsense, that's how we're playing generally. Ultimately lack of goals will cost us, as it nearly did tonight when a very poor Wigan stepped it up in the last 20 minutes

Yes we won, yes we are back in the top 6 (for now), yes we kept a clean sheet, but with talent on that pitch worth probably over £40M, that was a dreadful display.

Reach. His decision making last night was woeful at times. His distribution equally as bad. Rhodes/Forestieri - given nothing but high balls to work with, when they were clearly giving away big height advantages to the Wigan defenders. Yet we continued to pump aimless high balls towards them! It was obvious nothing was going to change after 5 minutes, yet we continued down the same path for a further 90. HUnt - inspires me with zero confidence defending and last night his distribution probably got Wigan over 50% of their throw-ins.

We did however defend well and I thought Sasso was decent seeing as he has had little game time. However, we defended too often, too deep. We brought on our own problems by lack of communication in the middle of the park and an outlet to feed. Jones was protecting the back line well and Bannan/Forestieri were doing their bit in getting back and getting stuck in. I really don't expect a player like Forestieri to be back there doing the dirty work, but he does, and he is good at it.

However these things are just glossing over what I thought was an inept peformance. I've played the game and watched as a fan for 30 years or so and those sort of performances will mean that sooner or later we will get found out, if we haven't already.

Something is missing. Something isn't ticking right and it needs to be sorted out. Why are we suddenly scared? I don't buy the concept from Carlos that teams "know us now" because it is his job to ensure we stay one step ahead. We don't seem to playing with the same tempo, freedom or creativity we did last season and it isn't just down to teams knowing how we play.

I'll be honest. I was very disappointed last night. We looked like a team just promoted from the pub league at times, hacking balls away with no thought or composure, putting ourselves back in to trouble. The squad we have at our disposal makes us a top 6 team - I think most fans, even of other clubs, would agree - but if we do not starting bringing our A game with us, we might not even make that.

If we get to the playoffs these are the games that are forgotten. Look at last season and the catastrophes against rotherham bristol city and mk (home and away). This season our poor performances still pick up points like last night, Rotherham and Preston. 

And as far as the op mentioning reading. They seem to be just as bad with performances but are very good at grinding out results 

how we managed to get 3 points last night I'all never know. Possibly the worst performance we've had all season, we looked tired, poor on the ball and  Players who should have been fit (Pudil and Hunt) looked like they've never seen a ball before. BUT we did get the 3 points which could be massive come what May. 

Give another her a week to recover, another week for Rhodes to know his team mates, get Tom Lees, Fox and Hutch back and let's try and get back to that swagger we had last year.

I initially thought some of our players weren't  good enough or just weren't  playing well this season.

I'm  now 100% convinced it's  actually what they are being asked to do, and our tactics thats the issue. They aren't  suited to it or comfortable  with it. It makes them look bad players.

No player can be suited to such inert, slow, pointless build ups. It's  perfect for the opposition  to sit back comfortably waiting for us to fanny about passing square until we hoof it and give up possession.  Opposition coaches must be rubbing their hands in anticipation  of playing us. 

We are shotless, crossless and dull.

If the season really starts now Carlos, let the players play proper football and quit this embarrassing  training ground crab football. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I initially thought some of our players weren't  good enough or just weren't  playing well this season.

I'm  now 100% convinced it's  actually what they are being asked to do, and our tactics thats the issue. They aren't  suited to it or comfortable  with it. It makes them look bad players.

No player can be suited to such inert, slow, pointless build ups. It's  perfect for the opposition  to sit back comfortably waiting for us to fanny about passing square until we hoof it and give up possession.  Opposition coaches must be rubbing their hands in anticipation  of playing us. 

If the season really starts now Carlos, let the players play proper football and quit this embarrassing  training ground crab football. 

I would agree to an extent. For the 15 minutes in the game we actually got the ball down and got decent service into the box we built some pressure and got the goal. It's what happened for the other 75 mins which was concerning.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'm convinced herein lies the issue. It wasn't about last night's result in isolation, was it? It is a culmination of poor performances by players that could reasonably be expected to do much better. Given the attacking talent available to the club, arriving at February without a single win that could be described as convincing should bring into question the ability of the coach to utilise them correctly.

Imagine back when Newcastle were signing players like Shearer, Asprilla and Ginola. Imagine the reaction that would come from the Geordie fanbase if the coach set them up to play dull, turgid football and grind out results. It happened to be Keegan that couldn't set up to play defensively if his life depended on it, but if he did, even if the team were grinding out wins, there would still be unrest amongst the supporters.

That is were I feel we are now. We are signing players of that type and the supporters are expecting to see a brand of football that reflects it. Even if it was just one crushing win like a 4-0 or 5-1 type scoreline, things would settle down and everyone would be back behind the team. It has to come sometime or else the frustration will boil over.