When were you most angry at a Football match?

Lost 5-1 away to Exeter a few years ago in the snow. When the full-time whistle went I just stood on the terrace for a few moments. In my pocket was one of those little vaseline tins, and it took a lot of will power to stop myself just lobbing it at the players. We played so badly that I felt fortunate that we'd only conceded five.

Lost 1-0 at Peterborough on the Saturday late-afternoon TV game. Around kick-off time our end of the terrace was almost full and there seemed to be some issues with people coming in late and things started to get out of control. I just remember watching a load of drunk teenagers and burly middle-aged blokes scuffling with each other, with a young lad sat on his dad's shoulders in the middle of it all in floods of frightened tears. It was one of the first matches my girlfriend had been to and I had problems trying to explain to her afterwards why I bother going.

42 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Swindon Town away fa cup, weeing down with rain no roof on away end I think we were 2-0 up lost 3-2.

Wasn't the FA Cup, was a league game (though we did lose away to them in the cup later that season)

2-0 up through an early Bullen goal & second half goal from Maclean. They scored 3 in the final 10 minutes, may have even been less. Tidman in net, go figure.

Traffic was a nightmare & we arrived 2 minutes before half-time, only just got in before they shut the turnstile. 

Luckily I was 9 and had the day off school the next day so was still pretty happy lol

1987 home FA cup quarter final against Coventry. 47,000 crowd. We were the favourites and didn't perform. We lost 3-1.  Coventry's home crowd the week before was something like 9,000 yet they bought 15,000 fans decked in their crap sky blue outfits sinking their annoying boating song all match. My temple veins were bulging and nose nearly bled in anger.  

One I can remember..(although I was f.ookin' fumin' for most of the 70's)

I think it was a pre season against Middlesbro...way back f.ook knows when and there were about 3000 at Hillsborough...It started pissin' it down, proper torrential, so the lads on the kop tried to go across the corner of the pitch into the North, the police went absolutely ape, the North was empty..it was just like...folk trying to get outta the rain and would have caused no problem whatsoever, I was soaking wet under the triangle on the kop...really f.ookin' irate..

Lost count of the numb disappointments, after all we're Wednesday fans, but only once have I lost it completely. Away at Cardiff City 2009/10, the game before the Palace last day debacle.

Cheered them non-stop but then spent the last few minutes game foaming at the mouth screaming abuse at a spineless shower of a Wednesday team. Only time in my life I've turned on them (although the 5-1 at Exeter in the snow came close!).

1 hour ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

I was there. Still angry. Still can't stand Ferguson, and particularly Kidd. Don't even get me started about Worthington's antics on the post.

I was sat amongst the Manure fans that day. For 90 minutes, it was hilarious as they were getting increasingly annoyed as they could see the title slowly disappearing much as it had the previous season. We controlled the game even though it didn't matter to us and we used it as a practice match for the League Cup Final the following weekend. I remember a report in one of the national newspapers saying "The best team in the country played some great football at Old Trafford on Saturday but they won't win the League, Manchester United will." For the youngsters reading this, we really were that good