When were you most angry at a Football match?

When we played arsenal at Highbury years and years ago. ...think it was the year we were top of the premier league. We went ahead and eventually lost...but it was the ginner hartson who was constantly looking for fouls and gobbing at the ref....I wanted to clime through the TV and rip his face off lol

Forestieri's disallowed goal in play offs against Brighton last year.  It seemed as though the ref had ruled it out just because the Brighton players had complained. I went absolutely mental, swearing continuously for the next five minutes only to later find out he was about 15 yards offside.

24 minutes ago, RedSoxOwl said:

Forestieri's disallowed goal in play offs against Brighton last year.  It seemed as though the ref had ruled it out just because the Brighton players had complained. I went absolutely mental, swearing continuously for the next five minutes only to later find out he was about 15 yards offside.

Ha think everyone in the ground was the same. I was, until my mate text me to say that it was a clear offside from the original ball... I calmed down after that

Tend to get more frustrated than angry, unless there's a clearly inept set of officals.

Did lose it at home to Charlton in the cup couple of season ago when we had the chance to play the blunts if we won though.

Awful performance, went 0-1 down in the first half. Somehow managed to get it back to 1-1 and looked like we'd go on to win with the crowd behind us only for Atdhe to miss an absolute sitter to make it 2-1 (not digging him out, he just did)...

2 mins later it was 2-1 Charlton out of nothing and we never looked like coming back after that.

Just remember walking back to the car feeling so let down. I was angry about it for ages

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Derby away 2000.  We scored on 89 minutes to go 3-1 up in a relegation 6 pointer.  Finished 3-3 and everyone there new we were down. We had a team of bottlers. I'm afraid to admit I used some very industrial language that day.  

Was in the home end as a 9/10 year old at this game. Gave my Derby supporting uncle a lot of stick when Donnelly scored to put us 3-1 up. 3 mins later it was 3-3.

Had a great view on Ian Nolan scrambling and failing to clear the equaliser that had bounced off him...

Sign of things to come supporting Wednesday that day

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

In recent years mine has to be the home penalty defeat against Rotherham i was f**king livid, was on the leppings side of the North stand and they let all the little inbred toy town fans out at the same time, was walking out of the ground across from where toy town coaches were parked, this fat ginger toy town fan came bouncing all mouth past me then he went back past me, i controlled myself cos of my teenage kids with me, i then heard him coming back, so i just timed it right and lifted my hand in the air as if to be waving at someone, i had a quick side wards glance then, bang!, i swung my arm back down and slammed my elbow into his face, he went down like a big bag of shiite....i was angry.

I then felt embarrassed and knew i shouldn't have done that and apologised to the ginger saying sorry i didn't see him. I shouldn't have done it, anger got the better of me that day.The kid was just happy that his little tin pot team had won their cup final.

I've been angry many a time watching The Wednesday, but that one was really frustrating.

Come on be honest, ya hit him cos he was a ginner

Goodness, far too many to remember them all. I tend to get pretty shouty/sweary at almost every game. I managed to beat my personal best for deploying the C-Bomb within 50 seconds at Wembley... can't even remember why.

One occasion especially sticks in the mind though. Home to Leeds about 10 years a go. Brad Jones was in goal and got himself sent off (still the worst goalie I've ever seen - how he played for Liverpool in the Champions League I'll never know). That already had me irate (he wasn't the last man and his red card was later rescinded) but when not one, not two but three penalty shouts of our own were waved away by the ref I finally went apoplectic - I remember arching my back before shouting to really give it some ferocity, then thrusting my body forward as I screamed my displeasure. I almost slipped a disc. My friends thought my reaction was hilariously over the top... which it probably was, but at that moment I was just so, so angry.

I've mellowed a bit in my thirties. Maybe the team not being completely useless these days has helped too...

Edited by Onge

9 minutes ago, steveger said:

He ran into my elbow :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, steveger said:

He ran into my elbow :ph34r:

Just noticed you're from Rotherham as I was originally, not sure why but I've always desisted from calling my home town, toytown.

What's the etiquette on this? Not having a go btw. 

This season, Leeds at home. I had done a 12 hour night shift Friday and was on 12 hrs Saturday night. Got up early to go to match, couldn't have a drink as working later. When that second goal went in I did something I had never done before and never since. I stood up, said out loud "Phuket this bo//of and went home early. Was knackered all night as well as peed off. lol