Memories of Chris Woods at Sheffield Wednesday

Meh

Like others have said my overriding memories of Woods are mainly of his mistakes I'm afraid

He certainly was a good shot stopper and his positioning was pretty sound. You'd watch him and think he was really solid and then he'd drop a bollok

There was very little between him and Kevin Pressman for me, even when Woods was the established no.1. 

I also think his number of caps for England are a bit misleading... Post Shilton and pre Seaman (oh err!) He was England's number one, but never stood head and shoulders above the rest

Wasn't his nickname "Baywatch" or am I just having a homoerotic delusion brought on by pre Seaman?

Swiss cheese

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Meh

Like others have said my overriding memories of Woods are mainly of his mistakes I'm afraid

He certainly was a good shot stopper and his positioning was pretty sound. You'd watch him and think he was really solid and then he'd drop a bollok

There was very little between him and Kevin Pressman for me, even when Woods was the established no.1. 

I also think his number of caps for England are a bit misleading... Post Shilton and pre Seaman (oh err!) He was England's number one, but never stood head and shoulders above the rest

Wasn't his nickname "Baywatch" or am I just having a homoerotic delusion brought on by pre Seaman?

Swiss cheese man I think they started calling him.

Ask Celtic fans what they thought of him during his time at Rangers . They called him flapper . My mate was an apprentice and then 1st year pro during woods time with us and he said he stunk of ale most mornings. Not great in my eyes , used to palm shots straight out and not to the side , Pressman was better for me and how he kept Seaman and Nigel Martin out the England team will always be a mystery to me 

Memories.....bad ones, very bad ones. 

My old man laughed when we signed him. Dad was a keeper in his youth. As I've mentioned before he wasn't a Wednesday fan but he loved Ron Springett. The day we signed Woods he just laughed and said God help you. I rolled my eyes thinking he was just having a wind up.........:sad: he wasn't. 

Wembley obviously but for me it will be when Deane's weak effort went through his legs at the sty to condemn us to a 2-0 loss when although I was in my early 20's I couldn't believe a team as good ours at the time could lose to a bunch of cloggers