Aston Villa on the brink of Jordan Rhodes signing

14 hours ago, Babushka1867 said:

Hopefully him signing for someone else will finally be the end of all this drama. I still believe it's chance creativity we are missing rather than somebody to finish them off. We haven't created that many good chances this season and our goals have generally been hard work and dogged to come by in general.

I thought this after he signed for Middlesbrough, but it seems like a never ending Rhode.

Let Villa keep splashing £10m on every player, it's totally unsustainable if they don't go up and the Chinese will soon get bored. 

Their chairman wants to razzmatazz of the Premier League, he's the sort that would do the media interviews rather than the manager. Loves the limelight. If they don't go up this season or next, I can see it going boobies up at Villa. 

Lots of old players on massive money, Jedinak and McCormack cost £19m. Let's see how much they get back for them 

7 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Let Villa keep splashing £10m on every player, it's totally unsustainable if they don't go up and the Chinese will soon get bored. 

Their chairman wants to razzmatazz of the Premier League, he's the sort that would do the media interviews rather than the manager. Loves the limelight. If they don't go up this season or next, I can see it going boobies up at Villa. 

Lots of old players on massive money, Jedinak and McCormack cost £19m. Let's see how much they get back for them 

Indeedy

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Villa are welcome to him.

More worried about who Leeds get as they are our direct promotion rivals. 

I have a nagging feeling that Mccormack will go back there. He obviously isn't Bruce's cup of tea. I know Leeds fans despise how he left them, but fans being fans they would welcome him back with open arms now they are 3rd in League, plus I think he would go back with them being where they are, Not sure on the financials though !

I just remember when there were lots on here that said signing either Rhodes or McCormack would guarantee promotion. 

That being the case why has McCormack never been promoted and Rhodes only joined a side that were nailed on for promotion but nearly missed out on automatic on the final day.

There are no guarantees in football and I think any money like that can be spent more shrewdly around the team.

14 minutes ago, caw_owl said:

We do not need Rhodes. Waste of money.

Lack of goals will be resolved if we start making more chances!!

I think we make more than enough chances, we just need the strikers to start converting more of them.

8 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I think we make more than enough chances, we just need the strikers to start converting more of them.

I disagree - but even so, Hooper will hopefully be back soon and he is the type of player that given the opportunties does find the back of the net.

Rhodes is better than what we have, so there's no point trying to pretend he isn't. But the only clubs which can afford him are those with parachute money, unless a club is going to take an enormous gamble. We're not in a strong enough position to take that gamble, and after having seen the first half of this season I'd be surprised if Chansiri sanctioned any really big-money signings. We've already paid £2.5 million in wages to Fletcher, Hooper and FF this season, for a goals return no greater than that of Wood at Leeds who's been paid less than a fifth of that thus far. We can all spend Chansiri's money.