Aston Villa on the brink of Jordan Rhodes signing

Just now, goonan8 said:

Silly money. If they are going to have to pay upward of £12m then they can have him IMO.

I totally agree, but as I've just added Villa were only prepared to give £6m, guaranteed. The rest would be add-ons relating to goals, appearances and promotion I suppose. In the end Middlesbrough might not receive anything like £10m.

3 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Wants to stay in Championship then...............Villa going nowhere anytime soon

Not sure it is a case of choice, think they are his only option as Villa appear to be the only club who are prepared to spend that amount on one player!

23 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I totally agree, but as I've just added Villa were only prepared to give £6m, guaranteed. The rest would be add-ons relating to goals, appearances and promotion I suppose. In the end Middlesbrough might not receive anything like £10m.

If that's the case and you pay £6m up front and the rest is based on promotion it won't seem like such a huge amount of money once you've reached the promised land. And if you don't make it then you've got a decent striker for £6m. Probably why Boro have told them to wedge it.

30 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

If that's the case and you pay £6m up front and the rest is based on promotion it won't seem like such a huge amount of money once you've reached the promised land. And if you don't make it then you've got a decent striker for £6m. Probably why Boro have told them to wedge it.

I believe he was bought on the same basis, £9 million up front, then 2 million if promoted (which Bro' were so total of 11 million paid). The difference was that they were in a much stronger position last January, than Villa are this.

Boro just signed bamford so thats 3-4 strikers they have brought in now this window . Rhodes needs to open his mouth and say something if hes just happy training and collecting his money then we dont want him

Edited by stocksyuto