Aston Villa on the brink of Jordan Rhodes signing

Aston-Villa-v-Middlesbrough-Pre-Season-Friendly.jpg

Aston Villa 's hopes of landing Jordan Rhodes have received a major boost with Middlesbrough on the verge of bringing in Patrick Bamford upfront. 

Boro are paying £5million up front to capture Bamford, 23, from Chelsea after he was recalled from an unsuccessful loan spell at Burnley.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-boosted-jordan-rhodes-9637107

Owlstalk Shop

The expectations if we got Rhodes would absolutely go through the roof. As much as i think he would improve our squad (goal scorers generally do that) I think him signing would have a negative effect on the fan base.

its for this reason I'm happy to let him go to Villa. The signing of Winnall was such an astute bit of business. 

Guest everydays_wednesday

I would love it if he went to Villa......we can then have 250 more threads in the summer saying that he is coming to us:-)

Again!

oh when will it end.....:-(

Villa have the money....Villa supposedly want him & loads of others......Boro want rid.......should be a done deal..............I think Rhodes does not want to go there.......Boro have a McGuigan on there hands...........feel he will just sit & draw his money rather than Villa.................he wants to come to us

Buying him would really eat into our FFP allowance and it makes no sense whilst we have Hooper who is just as good at poaching goals and is a much more rounded player in all round play.  Any money not spent on him would be better directed to where we clearly need strengthening so make Barnsley an offer they can't refuse for Hourihane, get Macmanaman permanent and whilst we're at it get Maguire from Hull he's being wasted at full back. Now that would be a better way to spend 10 mill.

Guest everydays_wednesday
Just now, camffiti said:

Sh*t anyway 

Money would be better spend on a right back

Or summat 

Would be better spent sorting the west stand out....IMHO 

Now there is a proper JR thread......Jordan v West (not Colin)