George Hirst to Carlisle?

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No.

Sending him there will just deflate him. Put him on the bench here, odd sub appearance is where he'll learn. If he's good enough he's old enough. Shipping him off to back of beyond and down the leagues will put it in his head that he's not wanted here and he will start to look elsewhere

Deflate him??

hes not going to get any meaningful action here (rightly so at this stage) so what could be more motivating than playing his first league football, with real points at stake in a proper league in front of passionate fans week in week out- with the opportunity to start making his name?

28 minutes ago, torryowl said:

next 4 months living in a Carlisle premier inn should be fun for the lad .....cant see the club allowing that to happen .

Should be fine as long as Ched aint staying in the room next door. 

10 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Deflate him??

hes not going to get any meaningful action here (rightly so at this stage) so what could be more motivating than playing his first league football, with real points at stake in a proper league in front of passionate fans week in week out- with the opportunity to start making his name?

You give good argument, but I still disagree.

If he went on loan there, potentially that's the lowest he'd ever play in his career if things pan out the way some more in the know than me think it will.  He'd learn that life isn't simple in the lower leagues and would learn a bit of know-how but nothing else that our own coaches couldn't give him -  He would not learn how to be a better footballer at that level more than the coaches at SWFC can teach him.  It's a trade off and one we don't need to make.  

Loan him out by all means if he is guaranteed a high % of game time in a team already doing well, otherwise he will gain nothing.    Arguably it only puts him in the shop window too if he does particularly well, which i'm sure is not what we want right now.

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

You give good argument, but I still disagree.

If he went on loan there, potentially that's the lowest he'd ever play in his career if things pan out the way some more in the know than me think it will.  He'd learn that life isn't simple in the lower leagues and would learn a bit of know-how but nothing else that our own coaches couldn't give him -  He would not learn how to be a better footballer at that level more than the coaches at SWFC can teach him.  It's a trade off and one we don't need to make.  

Loan him out by all means if he is guaranteed a high % of game time in a team already doing well, otherwise he will gain nothing.    Arguably it only puts him in the shop window too if he does particularly well, which i'm sure is not what we want right now.

If he's good enough he'll get the game time, and there's no keeping him out of the shop window- the vultures will already be circling. DC's resolve will be tested on this soon enough.

Personally I'm not sure sending him out on loan is the best thing right now. I reckon he would learn far more until the end of the season training with the likes of Fletcher, Hooper and Forestieri than he would going to Carlisle and not necessarily playing every week. Send him out on loan next season I say and see if he's taken on board anything which he's learnt. 

Personally I reckon a move to Carlisle would still be a step too much at the current time.

He's a kid with a huge amount to learn, I'd say drop him a division lower with Lincoln, Tranmere or one of the other clubs looking to get back into the Football League. The standard at the two clubs I've mentioned is as good as many in League Two.

Why rush the lad? 

would be perfect for me living near by, i work with many carlisle season ticket holders so could get a report every minute played, another massive plus is carlisle have a very good team this season, they having a winning side, would much rather see him at a club like that than one playing ok or struggling, he would score goals in that carlisle side.

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

This guy is different though. Am I swayed because his Dad is a legend here? Yes,

Think of what it would do for him to score his 1st professional goal for his Dad's team.

Now think of that for Carlisle.

Still wouldn't make his first Wednesday goal any less special. 

7 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

It's a flipping shithole at the back of beyond. I wouldn't go

he's not going on some school field trip to sample some local culture though.

carlisle play attacking football, they are a winning side, and have a very good manager, its a perfect fit in my eyes.