Fans Sense of Self-Entitlement

1 minute ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Nail on head.

You are allowed to be disappointed DESPITE the league position!

I agree. I have been disappointed with the performances however I don't think threads like this are aimed at those who are disappointed with the performance.

It's more aimed at those who start Carlos out threads after a draw, those who seem to think because we have spent a few million we should be smashing other teams even though from where we were 2 years ago we needed to spend more just to catch up, it's those who seem to think that because tickets are expensive and we should be winning every game comfortably even though professional sport has never worked like that, it's those who won't accept this league is harder this year and those who just state we are going to start dropping down the league as we are constantly lucky but just ignoring the times we have been unlucky to suit their argument and most of all its about those fans who disappear from owlstalk when we win only to resurface when we lose posting their negativity because they clearly enjoy it.

id rather us be Barnsley this year than us at the moment. They have a small hungry squad fighting above their weight and are having a whale of a time, a bit like us last season.

This season it appears the burden of expectation is too much at S6 for all involved inc management, players and fans. We have almost become a Derby.

5 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

I agree. I have been disappointed with the performances however I don't think threads like this are aimed at those who are disappointed with the performance.

It's more aimed at those who start Carlos out threads after a draw, those who seem to think because we have spent a few million we should be smashing other teams even though from where we were 2 years ago we needed to spend more just to catch up, it's those who seem to think that because tickets are expensive and we should be winning every game comfortably even though professional sport has never worked like that, it's those who won't accept this league is harder this year and those who just state we are going to start dropping down the league as we are constantly lucky but just ignoring the times we have been unlucky to suit their argument and most of all its about those fans who disappear from owlstalk when we win only to resurface when we lose posting their negativity because they clearly enjoy it.

Yeah, negative for negative's sake is annoying. I get that people need to vent but some comments on here are ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Don't forget the ones who take to twitter to abuse players wives.

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Don't forget the ones who take to twitter to abuse players wives.

A mouthpiece for morons.

On the flip side....still amazes me that anyone in the public eye would want to communicate with he great unwashed with no sort of filter process!

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Nail on head.

You are allowed to be disappointed DESPITE the league position!

This is where an important distinction has to be made between ambition and entitlement. 

Nobody is complaining that we are sixth. 

People are frustrated by the possibilities if some of the question marks over us this year weren't an issue. 

Its alright saying Brighton finished 15 points ahead of us last year so they deserve to be well clear of us this season. What rubbish. We are WELL within our reason as fans to hope that 15 point gap could be closed this year and for us to be competing with Brighton for 1 of those automatic spots. Not carry on as we were and just let teams like Leeds and Huddersfield slip between us and them. 

Going by some of the responses in this thread, the alternative to being ambitious and asking for our club to be the best it can be is to coast along just being thankful of being sixth. 

This was always going to be a tough league, but b*llocks to that. I'm done worrying about other teams or settling for being part of a chasing pack. 

More to the point, so is Chansiri. I f*cking love Carlos and I'll be distraught the day he leaves, but we'll see in VERY real terms what the difference between entitlement and ambition looks like if he doesn't deliver what the Chairman has asked for this season. 

What is it about all these self-entitlement posts?

Wednesday fans do not have a sense of entitlement that we are at the top.

They have expectation.

We had one of the smallest budgets in the division.

We now have one of the biggest.

Therefore people were happy with mid table / avoiding a relegation scrap.

They now expect us to be in the top 6 as a minimum as this is reflective of our spending.

Its like buying a car.  Nobody has entitlement to a Range Rover but if you've spent £100K on one you expect heated seats, sat nav and air-con.  When you had a £2K car you were happy if it got you from A to B.

What I don't get is how some fans don't seem to get this and their expectations don't appear to have changed.

That really is the bizarre thing.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What is it about all these self-entitlement posts?

Wednesday fans do not have a sense of entitlement that we are at the top.

They have expectation.

We had one of the smallest budgets in the division.

We now have one of the biggest.

Therefore people were happy with mid table / avoiding a relegation scrap.

They now expect us to be in the top 6 as a minimum as this is reflective of our spending.

Its like buying a car.  Nobody has entitlement to a Range Rover but if you've spent £100K on one you expect heated seats, sat nav and air-con.  When you had a £2K car you were happy if it got you from A to B.

What I don't get is how some fans don't seem to get this and their expectations don't appear to have changed.

That really is the bizarre thing.

Last time I checked we are in the top 6. 

Hasn't stopped you started threads slating Reach, Carlos and so on. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Last time I checked we are in the top 6. 

Hasn't stopped you started threads slating Reach, Carlos and so on. 

And also i was under the impression our budget was about 6th highest? 

At least Norwich, Newcastle and Villa's is, and Derby / Brighton have had multiple years of building towards this, not 18 months like us. 

Still convinced the play-offs will include more of the likes of Norwich/Derby/Villa than it will Hudds/Reading/Leeds. 

Time will tell. 

Another barmy topic.

We clearly have different supporters on here - those who never go to a match, those who sometimes go and those who regularly go including ST holders. If you never go, you don't suffer the numbing boredom which afflicts us quite regularly at the moment. It has been said many times, the league position is not what supporters are worried about, it is the very tedious and boring football and the fact that we have been extremely fortunate on a number of occasions. So far, luck has been with us so if it equals out in a season, some bad luck is due and unless we up our game, we are going to struggle in the second half of the season.

I agree with those who think something changed at the end of last season and hasn't been put right. In fact, it started with the second leg against Brighton, was clear at Wembley and has seemed to pervade our performances this year in spite of the new signings. Carlos, please work your magic as you did last year and make the games more interesting and take some risks in attack, at least at home.

I cannot be the only one who looks forward to some excitement in a match even if we do not win. At present, I rather look forward to the end of the game and being able to go home and watch some paint dry!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Another barmy topic.

We clearly have different supporters on here - those who never go to a match, those who sometimes go and those who regularly go including ST holders. If you never go, you don't suffer the numbing boredom which afflicts us quite regularly at the moment. It has been said many times, the league position is not what supporters are worried about, it is the very tedious and boring football and the fact that we have been extremely fortunate on a number of occasions. So far, luck has been with us so if it equals out in a season, some bad luck is due and unless we up our game, we are going to struggle in the second half of the season.

I agree with those who think something changed at the end of last season and hasn't been put right. In fact, it started with the second leg against Brighton, was clear at Wembley and has seemed to pervade our performances this year in spite of the new signings. Carlos, please work your magic as you did last year and make the games more interesting and take some risks in attack, at least at home.

I cannot be the only one who looks forward to some excitement in a match even if we do not win. At present, I rather look forward to the end of the game and being able to go home and watch some paint dry!

Yeah lets get back to the scintillating football we played under Irvine and Gray...let's bring back the good times lol 

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yeah lets get back to the scintillating football we played under Irvine and Gray...let's bring back the good times lol 

No, I never said that. Lets go back to the football of the 2015-16 season when Carlos was the manager! Or better still, the period from 1961 to 1967 or the period from 1990 to 1996. Whatever the result or the position in the league, can anyone on here who goes to the matches actually say they are enjoying the football as much as last season or that they think we have a better chance of being in the play-offs than last season?

9 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Another barmy topic.

We clearly have different supporters on here - those who never go to a match, those who sometimes go and those who regularly go including ST holders. If you never go, you don't suffer the numbing boredom which afflicts us quite regularly at the moment. It has been said many times, the league position is not what supporters are worried about, it is the very tedious and boring football and the fact that we have been extremely fortunate on a number of occasions. 

Irrelevant argument really, I made the thread and I've had a season ticket for years. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Robinson said:

No, I never said that. Lets go back to the football of the 2015-16 season when Carlos was the manager! Or better still, the period from 1961 to 1967 or the period from 1990 to 1996. Whatever the result or the position in the league, can anyone on here who goes to the matches actually say they are enjoying the football as much as last season or that they think we have a better chance of being in the play-offs than last season?

To be honest, I rarely "Enjoy" the football,

3-0 up with 5 to go...yea I relax a bit, Its got to the stage with me where I don't really care how we win, 

The only games i actually sorta "enjoy" are the last butt ends of a season where we are going nowhere.

If I want to actually enjoy football...I watch SKY, where its 2 other teams battling it out.

With Wednesday you either watch it with a sort of black humour, or you go f.ookin' nuts.

Ive no option really, you can't support somebody else, simply take what you are given, I don't watch when the other side are attacking, only opposition goals I ever see are complete blinders when you don't expect it...cross comes into our box?, I'm staring at me feet, Ive always done it, unless we are way ahead with no time left.

I only "Enjoy" most matches when they are over and Wednesday have won...don't see the f.ookin' point of the rest

10 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I think that CC has decided that even with all our flair last season when it came to the crunch against the top six sides we didn't win matches ( Brighton at home in the playoffs apart ) and he decided a more pragmatic approach is the way forward and, looking at how we played against Newcastle/ Villa/ Huddersfield coupled with the fact that we have more points and clean sheets than at this stage last year it has to be said he's right