Fans Sense of Self-Entitlement

1 minute ago, Highbury Owl said:

Fine, but there is a difference in being self-entitled/delusional and being realistic about our recent form

We're 6th in the form table in the last 10 games and 4th in the last 5, we're also sat currently (still) in the play offs, fans make it sound like we're in the relegation zone. 

After 16 years of poo poo, we've had significant investment, the manager has assembled a quality squad which has under-performed when compared to some of last seasons free flowing football. I don't think it's entitlement I just feel that our stock has risen so I feel that it's more expectation than entitlement that is the problem. There is no getting away from the fact that for much of this season our performance levels have been bang average even though we are on marginally more league points compared to this time last year.

Its very disappointing to go out of both cups at the first hurdle also.

2 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

We're 6th in the form table in the last 10 games and 4th in the last 5, we're also sat currently (still) in the play offs, fans make it sound like we're in the relegation zone. 

Hmm, the form table posted in another thread might disagree with you...

Form aside, we have been playing sheeite for most of this season (and much of the end of last season including Wemberlee), bring back Gray if you're happy with it cos if he had the same money spent on strikers that Carlos has had spent we'd be a lot higher than we are now..

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

you mean the fans who started following us last season? lol

I don't think so. 

Just think some fans have been so starved or have never seen any real success, that the slightest hint of it has led to them losing their sh*t. 

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I think a lot of the "noise" is a feeling of disappointment that we haven't moved up notch after expectations were raised last season and that we might start to drift out of the top six.

Fans used to go to spend time with their friends and family and get behind their team.

Now its so serious and fans are so demanding.

Me and my brother said we would enjoy it whatever at the beginning of last season when we bought our season tickets.  Its a hobby and gets us out of the house for a few beers and hopefully a good match..we have pretty much stuck with them for the last ten years since i moved back to sheffield have we have hit every target on the head since mm bought us..improving every year..two draws and a cup defeat and everyone loses their minds...not only do they sound self entitled it is short term thinking..

And i dont get the ticket excuse..either you can afford it or you cant..it is not some sort of birth right..when i lost my job in 2012 i knew it was a luxury that i couldnt afford..then it was a bonus after enrolling at college that i could get a cheap half season ticket...and since i have been working i have saved up for an early bird ticket at 415quid..not a bankbreaker..i know everyones situation is not that simple but you have to look at whats important to your life.

29 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Fans used to go to spend time with their friends and family and get behind their team.

Now its so serious and fans are so demanding.

Me and my brother said we would enjoy it whatever at the beginning of last season when we bought our season tickets.  Its a hobby and gets us out of the house for a few beers and hopefully a good match..we have pretty much stuck with them for the last ten years since i moved back to sheffield have we have hit every target on the head since mm bought us..improving every year..two draws and a cup defeat and everyone loses their minds...not only do they sound self entitled it is short term thinking..

And i dont get the ticket excuse..either you can afford it or you cant..it is not some sort of birth right..when i lost my job in 2012 i knew it was a luxury that i couldnt afford..then it was a bonus after enrolling at college that i could get a cheap half season ticket...and since i have been working i have saved up for an early bird ticket at 415quid..not a bankbreaker..i know everyones situation is not that simple but you have to look at whats important to your life.

Bottom line is..

If you pay more, you expect more...

If you bought Heinz beans you would expect them to be better than Lidl's own label version..

Both give the same ingredients (or near enough) but they are very different, depends if you like paying more for the same old stuff..

3 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Bottom line is..

If you pay more, you expect more...

If you bought Heinz beans you would expect them to be better than Lidl's own label version..

Both give the same ingredients (or near enough) but they are very different, depends if you like paying more for the same old stuff..

But im intelligent enough to know there are no guarentees in football..and the people in charge know a lot more about football than me..but then in todays climate 'experts' are seen as witches who shouldnt be trusted and everyone online is a manager.