How have some of you made it through the last 15 years?

19 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What's point of forum if we can't discuss concerns over the team?

That's the whole point isn't it?

Baffles me when people come on to a forum which is designed for debate and discussion about the team, manager, players, formations, signings, league position, performances etc and tell people to stop whinging or lighten up. Most Wednesdayites appreciate hugely how far we've come in a short space of time, but does that mean we're not allowed to criticise and pass judgement on what we've seen? No one on this forum is suggesting we are in crisis, it's those who post threads like this who create a bigger issue than there actually is.

Football fans are fickle, we aren't the only ones who switch moods depending on how we've done at the weekend. We put in a couple of bad performances against Wolves and Preston which left fans frustrated- so what? The way it is and fans are going to come on here and want to talk about it.

If that wasn't the case this forum would just be boring threads like 'name this wednesday player' or 'our worst ever 11'. 

Basically stop moaning at the moaners because that creates more moaning GET IT?

Its the mentalness of it to be honest! 

We have posters like Adam1867 et al, who only come on here when we draw a match to bang the same old drum about the manager not having a clue.  I'd challenge someone to find anything posted that is not negative by these people - closet Blades

Then there are others that can't accept that we don't win every week or someone's allow a bad game or a mistake every now and then (I'm not saying consistently bad - like the teams of the past). One week it's 'we're gonna get in the top 2', the next it's 'let's sack the management and buy a new team'. Total by polar / schizophrenic behaviour. 

There seems to be a difference of opinion. Some people are happy we have spent 12 million and not moved on whilst playing worse football than we did last season.  Others think we should have improved a bit.  I'm in the latter category.  If you're only retort is to accuse me of being a pig or a part timer then get to bed.  

3 hours ago, dazzler07 said:

Honestly reading some of the posts on here it makes me wonder how some of you have made it through the last 15 years without throwing yourselves under a bus! The negativity surrounding the team, manager and new signings are beyond rediculous and don't get me wrong the majority of fans are very level headed but some of you should man up or shut up.

A little bit of success as gone to a lot of your heads and it appears some feel we should be turning every team over week in week out.... well unfortunately there isn't a single team in this divison the that is capable of doing that especially not Wednesday! 

So let's put our big girl pants on and hope for some more decent signings and Wednesday pushing on!

Peace out.

I've been thinking the same for a long time. Fantastic post.

This is what i dont get...I have not heard anyone in 29 years supporting wednesday, (whilst they are relatively near the top of the table after christmas , have a good squad and still playing decent football) seriously question the manager and how the club is run after TWO DRAWS and stating that you should be more entertained...if you want guaranteed entertainment id recommend another hobby..and the price of the tickets doesnt change this..youll be contacting watchdog soon

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

I just adopt the Hutchinson approach to football.

When you have stood in the p.i.s.s.i.n.g rain waiting for 6 months for goal with 6000 others then you celebrate every point like it might be your last.

Just enjoy it and the rest will follow, even if it takes another 15 years....

18 minutes ago, whyte_owl said:

There seems to be a difference of opinion. Some people are happy we have spent 12 million and not moved on whilst playing worse football than we did last season.  Others think we should have improved a bit.  I'm in the latter category.  If you're only retort is to accuse me of being a pig or a part timer then get to bed.  

Don't you think that other teams are better or have improved this year also? Teams are spending 12m on one player alone, why should we be better this year cos we've spent 12m on the squad? 

Aren't we in a better position this year than last? In terms of squad depth and league position? Is that not an improvement? 

Some think the football at the mo is not good enough, some think it is. Some think we will start to drop down the table, some think we will improve. No big deal, just a matter of opinion. No one will be proved right or wrong until we are safe in play offs, or cannot qualify.

One thing is for sure if we do start to fall the 'moaners' will greatly increase....like it always does and always will.

The 'Jones out' crowd were low in numbers at first, by the time he went the majority were in the out crowd.

My view is CC should carry on for the remainder of the season at least. Must admit though, the best I can see is scraping in 6th place....hope i'm wrong, just what I think.

Only the last 15 years ? In 1975 after Boxing day 74 we only scored two further goals to the end of the season, yeah home crowds fell away but away an ever increasing number of us didn't want to miss the game when we actually scored a goal.

I am astounded by the progress we have made recently. However neither progress or decline comes in a straight line. We are not in decline but the way some of our new breed of fans react to minor set backs could send us there.  DC has shown no sign of taking his bat and ball home but carry on as you are doing and you could hasten that day.

WAWAW  FFS start acting like it ! If you don't like what you see don't come, simple as !

It's not just the last 15 years though, I've been watching them since 1971, although admittingly I've missed seasons through being skint and stuff. I've seen it all, it comes and goes, ups, downs, you name it. Just go with the flow. It could be worse, you could be a united fan, imagine that?  You'd might as well jump in the sea and drown

I get it when people get frustrated because we have been fortunate in the last 18 months to see some proper progress and at times some amazing football. 

All I would say to anyone doubting us is have faith, get behind the whole club and don't let anyone tell you the grass is greener anywhere else cos every team gives you something to moan about. 

Its great to see Wednesday setting our expectations so high.