Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Imagine final stages in final game of to get automatics, opposites down to 10 men due to a red card in the usual place.  

Carlos does a back heel volley into the face of another opposite and player goes off injured but they used all their subs so down to 9 men

Hooper, Forestieri and Fletcher are on the pitch already so CC drags off Hunt and throws on Rhodes. Still no goal so off trots Wallace and on comes Winnall - still nothing

And then, final substitution, Pudil troops off and on comes Nuhiu to smash home the winner

Final formation 2-2-4

22 minutes ago, owlandished said:

Imagine final stages in final game of to get automatics, opposites down to 10 men due to a red card in the usual place.  

Carlos does a back heel volley into the face of another opposite and player goes off injured but they used all their subs so down to 9 men

Hooper, Forestieri and Fletcher are on the pitch already so CC drags off Hunt and throws on Rhodes. Still no goal so off trots Wallace and on comes Winnall - still nothing

And then, final substitution, Pudil troops off and on comes Nuhiu to smash home the winner

Final formation 2-2-4

That's so unrealistic... I mean, as if we'd have 3 strikers on the bench!

Thinking about it closely I think Winnall is far better value for money as appose to rhodes .

Unless we offload joao and nuhiu I don't see need for him coming? Don't get me wrong I'd take him in a heart beat but with the current squad size and wages etc.. not the best idea.

Hoops and Winnall up top FF on the left is a fantastic lineup 

If we have all these options don't you think it would be tough to chose ?

Guest Copthorneowl
46 minutes ago, owlandished said:

Final formation 2-2-4

Brilliant imagination mate what I wouldn't give for it. Any idea this weeks euro lottery numbers.

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We don't. 

Luxury signing as far as I can see. 

Before Winnall came in, I would've loved us to have brought in Rhodes but Winnall has already showed us what we were missing from last season. If we bring in another forward player then they should have the energy of Winnall. We've already got poachers and target men but in terms of pace or energy we've only got Forestieri and Winnall, either one of those get injured and we'll come unstuck. Joao and Hirst have pace or energy but neither are ready, Joao looks a shadow of the player from last season both could do with a loan spell. I'd bring in a striker or winger with pace. Could do with a Lee replacement, a decent centre back and a quality full back, more than anything.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Because he consistently scores goals at this level and would be a fantastic option to have.

An option, for me, is someone like Nuhiu.  He's an option if we need him.  Joao is an option.  Fletcher is becoming an option.

Options don't cost £10m.  That is purely in my opinion though.  People are allowed to disagree.

Winnall, Hooper, FF aren't options for example.  They're starters.

5 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

An option, for me, is someone like Nuhiu.  He's an option if we need him.  Joao is an option.  Fletcher is becoming an option.

Options don't cost £10m.  That is purely in my opinion though.  People are allowed to disagree.

Winnall, Hooper, FF aren't options for example.  They're starters.

I still don't know how we've going to fit a player like Rhodes into our wage structure, but if we did he'd have to play. Mind you, I said that about Abdi... :manager:

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Leaning towards a full back and back up central defender now we have Winnall.

Rhodes may be overkill unless we loaned Hoops out.

The problem is, if we don't take Rhodes, it's nailed on a promotion rival will.

Wasn't there speculation about Joao going on loan to a French club?