Poll: Man of the Match vs Newcastle...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Newcastle  

476 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Newcastle?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Reach
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Joao
    • Jones
    • Nuhiu

9 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Hutchinson is on fire at the moment. His game is just about complete... Tackling, running back, defending, moving forward... He's got the lot. And some of those long distance passes were outstanding. Hutch is clearly MoM for me although, for once, everybody had decent games or better.

What has happened with hutch? At first we could only get one match per week out of him, sometimes he'd be off in the first half and sometimes in the first 10 minutes. Nowadays we only lose him through suspension. Be interesting to know who's played a part in what a fantastic player he is now, i know he's always had the potential but touch wood his injury problems have gone.

yes, i voted for him btw. What a machine.

Edited by dan140177
Missing word

20 minutes ago, dan140177 said:

What has happened with hutch? At first we could only get one match per week out of him, sometimes he'd be off in the first half and sometimes in the first 10 minutes. Nowadays we only lose him through suspension. Be interesting to know who's played a part in what a fantastic player he is now, i know he's always had the potential but touch wood his injury problems have gone.

Hydraulic knees. 

11 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hutchinson - immense.

Ratings:

Westwood 9

Palmer 7

Pudil 6

Loovens 9

Lees 8

Reach 7

Bannan 8

Hutchinson 9.5

Wallace 7

FF 7

Fletcher 7

Jones 6

Dave n/a

Joao 5

Anyone else find it harder / more nervy watching on TV than at the match?

Not nervy at all. We were extremely resolute. Should have won by more, Darlow had a reyt game 

21 minutes ago, dan140177 said:

He's bionic.

They got the hair right, then just kept working down to his knees.

Guest Copthorneowl

Sorry lads but mom for me has to be Carlos for the way he set us up and nullified Newcastle.

Unlike last year when he didn't really get his head round the festive season matches he's started with a real statement well done CC as for On the pitch yes Hutch was superb.

Westwood 8 Showed what a top keeper he is, couple of great saves, and his distribution is second to none

Palmer 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to believe in himself a bit more

Lees 9 Magnificient job keepeing Newcastle at bay

Loovens 9 Mr cool for me, never flustered, makes Lees a better player, and his first Wednesday goal

Pudil 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to cut out the niggly fouls, could have been sent off with a different referee

Wallace 8 Clever player, worked hard up and down the pitch 

Bannan 9 Back to his best for me, dictated play, wasn't rushed

Hutchinson 10 Premier league player, did his job and then some

Reach 8 A few sticky moments in first half but got on with it and showed some quality

Forestieri 7 Worked hard, seems to link better with Hooper, perfect pass for Loovens, some players would have gone for goal

Fletcher 8 Not happening for him in front of goal, but leads the line well, and works his socks off

Joao 7 His threat stopped Newcastle pushing higher up the pitch, clever move by Carlos

Nuhiu 7 What a weapon to bring on when you want to keep the ball, vastly underrated by the Matchday mob

Jones 7 Came on and did the job Carlos asked off him

Footnote = Probably the most complete team performance I've witnessed during Carlos' reign

Modern football is as much about what you do when you haven't got the ball, as when you have the ball, some of the Matchday mob do not understand modern day football

We've won away at the top of the league and one poster gave 7 players a 6, unbelievable.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

13 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hutchinson - immense.

Ratings:

Westwood 9

Palmer 7

Pudil 6

Loovens 9

Lees 8

Reach 7

Bannan 8

Hutchinson 9.5

Wallace 7

FF 7

Fletcher 7

Jones 6

Dave n/a

Joao 5

Anyone else find it harder / more nervy watching on TV than at the match?

Can't argue with a single rating here. Spot on

12 hours ago, Paul Triplo said:

When you are at the game the nerves get diluted amongst the whole crowd. Watching at home all the nerves are with you.

I hate it, but live in Sydney so no other option.

The last half hour felt like a month.

UTO!

Preston game is on live over here too so it will be same again on Xmas eve.

Wanna bet ;) I was in the away end and God I've never been so nervous, I was jumping for every header with the lads, couldn't keep still at all.

Whilst I do not disagree with the voting for a 'Man of the Match', I often feel that there may be several players who put in notable, possibly underrated, performances or contributions.These should in some ways be acknowledged.  Looking at the voting results shows a large proportion of people voting for Player A, and nobody voting for Player B

Perhaps someone could devise some sort of sliding scale. For instance, it would be silly to vote for, say Joao or Nuhiu as POTM, but they could have played a very important part in the game, but they still show up as very low on the scale when their performance could prove vital to winning a game.

The voting for last night's game showed Hutch rightly as MOM but a better view is the one such as 'steveraper' shows a far fairer picture. After all, soccer is a team game.