Poll: Man of the Match vs Newcastle...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Newcastle  

476 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Newcastle?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Reach
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Joao
    • Jones
    • Nuhiu

6 minutes ago, trotter said:

Ratings:

Westwood 8

Palmer 5 - 

Pudil 5

Loovens 6

Lees 7

Reach 6

Bannan 7

Hutchinson 9

Wallace 6

FF 6

Fletcher 6

Jones 6

Dave n/a

Joao 4

Referee - 9 One of best we have had this season

A great team performance 

Are you an united fan?

What did palmer do wrong and to a lesser extent Pudil?

Hutch for me. lots of good performances today but hutch shone through. reach put in a good shift, wallace did well when he was involved. fletcher was in the thick of a lot but couldnt get a goal. if FF was on form he could have got a couple too.

westwood - 7. did everything right. not a foot wrong but the defence protected him so well he didnt get a higher rating

pudil - 6. first half was bad from pudil but he steadied in the second

lees - 6. good shift but didnt stick out too much

loovens - 7. got the goal, did well at the back and played some good balls forward.

palmer - 7. did well at the back and got involved well up the park

hutchinson- 8. gave newcastle no space. lots of good interceptions. kept the ball ticking over in midfield and covered the full backs well

wallace - 7. was out of the game for large periods but when he was involved he was quality

bannan - 6 quiet game for bannan. a couple of loose passes. but helped keep possession well.

reach - 7. lively going forward and helped the ball to stick up top. silently and sneakily tracked back and kept nicking the ball off those toon jokers.

FF - 6. was involved but he's missing his spark. always looked like he might produce something out of nothing....but didnt lol

Fletcher 7. good performance. deserved a goal. good link up play. won headers. kept hold of the ball. a few shots on target too.

Joao -5. didnt get into the game. hassled  well but couldnt pick any passes and was a bit sloppy in added time

Jones-5 . did ok but nothing really of not.

Nuhiu-6. only on for short but kept hold of the ball really well to keep the clock ticking down.

apart from hutch and fletcher there werent any stand out performances, which showed it was a real team effort. we gave newcastle nothing and took the points because of it. well done lads and well done carlos

fans were bloody loud n all put them geordie whiners to shame

3 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

Hutch for me. lots of good performances today but hutch shone through. reach put in a good shift, wallace did well when he was involved. fletcher was in the thick of a lot but couldnt get a goal. if FF was on form he could have got a couple too.

westwood - 7. did everything right. not a foot wrong but the defence protected him so well he didnt get a higher rating

pudil - 6. first half was bad from pudil but he steadied in the second

lees - 6. good shift but didnt stick out too much

loovens - 7. got the goal, did well at the back and played some good balls forward.

palmer - 7. did well at the back and got involved well up the park

hutchinson- 8. gave newcastle no space. lots of good interceptions. kept the ball ticking over in midfield and covered the full backs well

wallace - 7. was out of the game for large periods but when he was involved he was quality

bannan - 6 quiet game for bannan. a couple of loose passes. but helped keep possession well.

reach - 7. lively going forward and helped the ball to stick up top. silently and sneakily tracked back and kept nicking the ball off those toon jokers.

FF - 6. was involved but he's missing his spark. always looked like he might produce something out of nothing....but didnt lol

Fletcher 7. good performance. deserved a goal. good link up play. won headers. kept hold of the ball. a few shots on target too.

Joao -5. didnt get into the game. hassled  well but couldnt pick any passes and was a bit sloppy in added time

Jones-5 . did ok but nothing really of not.

Nuhiu-6. only on for short but kept hold of the ball really well to keep the clock ticking down.

apart from hutch and fletcher there werent any stand out performances, which showed it was a real team effort. we gave newcastle nothing and took the points because of it. well done lads and well done carlos

fans were bloody loud n all put them geordie whiners to shame

Very fair summary!

Westwood - 8

Palmer - 7

Lees - 8

Loovens - 9 (MoM)

Pudil - 7

Wallace - 7

Bannan - 8

Hutchinson - 9

Reach - 7

Forestieri - 7

Fletcher - 7

Joao - 7

Jones - N/A

Nuhiu - N/A

The only way of splitting Loovens and Hutch was Loovens scored - both absolutely top quality.

To restrict Newcastle to one clear chance, at home, is a fantastic effort. No coincidence we look so solid with Westwood, Lees, Loovens and Hutch all back in the side.

They should collectively be called Gandalf - YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Hutch by a country mile.

Karl Darlow a close second - kept them in the game with 3 or 4 world class saves.

Seemed to me we cloned hutch and played 23a, 23b, 23c across the middle  - he really did cover every blade of grass.

I worry who will come in for him in January

1 minute ago, fezman said:

Hutch by a country mile.

Karl Darlow a close second - kept them in the game with 3 or 4 world class saves.

Seemed to me we cloned hutch and played 23a, 23b, 23c across the middle  - he really did cover every blade of grass.

I worry who will come in for him in January

dont worry hese going nowhere, dc will see to that

29 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hutchinson - immense.

Ratings:

Westwood 9

Palmer 7

Pudil 6

Loovens 9

Lees 8

Reach 7

Bannan 8

Hutchinson 9.5

Wallace 7

FF 7

Fletcher 7

Jones 6

Dave n/a

Joao 5

Anyone else find it harder / more nervy watching on TV than at the match?

When you are at the game the nerves get diluted amongst the whole crowd. Watching at home all the nerves are with you.

I hate it, but live in Sydney so no other option.

The last half hour felt like a month.

UTO!

Preston game is on live over here too so it will be same again on Xmas eve.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
36 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Hutch 

anyone vote a player other than Hutch and ill hunt you down and cut yer nuts off with a blunt rusty sickle 

Ha ha.  Can see your point pal.  I did vote for Hutch (so leave my nuts alone) but I thought Loovens was immense.  Almost voted for Glenn as he got the goal as well.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

When you are at the game the nerves get diluted amongst the whole crowd. Watching at home all the nerves are with you.

I hate it, but live in Sydney so no other option.

The last half hour felt like a month.

UTO!

Preston game is on live over here too so it will be same again on Xmas eve.

So true mate....so true.

21 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I felt Adam Reach had one of his best games for us tonight but for a couple of great saves by Darlow and we'd have been a lot more comfortable than that tonight.

Newcastle offered little but I think that was more testament to how we set up tactically.

Snuffed Diame and Gayle virtually out of the game.

Superb performance from the lads.

This.

And we had to snuff them out too. Worked a charm.

They hated us roughing them up in last 20 mins of first half.

Loved Bannan's Hutch-like tackle when he got his yellow card. Summed up our display today.

I was so proud of that performance.