Poll: Man of the Match vs Newcastle...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Newcastle  

476 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Newcastle?

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Reach
    • Hutchinson
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • Joao
    • Jones
    • Nuhiu

Whole team gets 10 out of 10 for that performance

Nothing particularly fancy but they all did what they had to do

If I had to single players out for particular praise they would be Westwood for some excellent saves, Loovens for scoring, Hutchinson for destructive and creative midfield play and Forestieri for setting up the goal with such an intelligent header across goal. Reach, Bannan and Wallace were also excellent

To single a player out for grumble, would be Palmer as he should have passed instead of shooting when 1 on 1 with their keeper, plus he lost possession a bit too frequently. However this is more not picking than anything

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Westwood 8 Showed what a top keeper he is, couple of great saves, and his distribution is second to none

Palmer 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to believe in himself a bit more

Lees 9 Magnificient job keepeing Newcastle at bay

Loovens 9 Mr cool for me, never flustered, makes Lees a better player, and his first Wednesday goal

Pudil 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to cut out the niggly fouls, could have been sent off with a different referee

Wallace 8 Clever player, worked hard up and down the pitch 

Bannan 9 Back to his best for me, dictated play, wasn't rushed

Hutchinson 10 Premier league player, did his job and then some

Reach 8 A few sticky moments in first half but got on with it and showed some quality

Forestieri 7 Worked hard, seems to link better with Hooper, perfect pass for Loovens, some players would have gone for goal

Fletcher 8 Not happening for him in front of goal, but leads the line well, and works his socks off

Joao 7 His threat stopped Newcastle pushing higher up the pitch, clever move by Carlos

Nuhiu 7 What a weapon to bring on when you want to keep the ball, vastly underrated by the Matchday mob

Jones 7 Came on and did the job Carlos asked off him

Footnote = Probably the most complete team performance I've witnessed during Carlos' reign

Modern football is as much about what you do when you haven't got the ball, as when you have the ball, some of the Matchday mob do not understand modern day football

We've won away at the top of the league and one poster gave 7 players a 6, unbelievable.

Well said. Sometimes I wonder what would satisfy some fans. 

Is it time we had a 'Man of the match after Hutchinson' thread. No one else gets a look in.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Well said. Sometimes I wonder what would satisfy some fans. 

Is it time we had a 'Man of the match after Hutchinson' thread. No one else gets a look in.

Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning

It's as if they want us to lose

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst I do not disagree with the voting for a 'Man of the Match', I often feel that there may be several players who put in notable, possibly underrated, performances or contributions.These should in some ways be acknowledged.  Looking at the voting results shows a large proportion of people voting for Player A, and nobody voting for Player B

Perhaps someone could devise some sort of sliding scale. For instance, it would be silly to vote for, say Joao or Nuhiu as POTM, but they could have played a very important part in the game, but they still show up as very low on the scale when their performance could prove vital to winning a game.

The voting for last night's game showed Hutch rightly as MOM but a better view is the one such as 'steveraper' shows a far fairer picture. After all, soccer is a team game.    

He gave his player ratings...which is what the thread title asks people to do. It's obviously more than just a vote for 'Man of the Match'. Some folk will moan about owt FFS. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Westwood 8

Palmer 7 - looking better than hunt this year. Shame about that awful shot after he'd done all the hard work!

Loovens 7

Lees 8 - surely won't be long before premier league clubs make some big money offers for him.

Pudil 5 - had a mare against a very good winger.

Wallace 7

Hutchinson 10 - won everything, and was at the centre of everything good we did.

Bannan 6

Reach 6 - looked much better 2nd half, there's defo a player there.

Forestieri 6 - Newcastle kept him quiet

Fletcher 7 

Joao 5 - poor, should have been nuhiu brought on instead

Jones 6

Carlos 8 - tactics bang on, and it's starting to click

Guest Copthorneowl
4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Westwood 8 Showed what a top keeper he is, couple of great saves, and his distribution is second to none

Palmer 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to believe in himself a bit more

Lees 9 Magnificient job keepeing Newcastle at bay

Loovens 9 Mr cool for me, never flustered, makes Lees a better player, and his first Wednesday goal

Pudil 7 Worked hard, did his job, needs to cut out the niggly fouls, could have been sent off with a different referee

Wallace 8 Clever player, worked hard up and down the pitch 

Bannan 9 Back to his best for me, dictated play, wasn't rushed

Hutchinson 10 Premier league player, did his job and then some

Reach 8 A few sticky moments in first half but got on with it and showed some quality

Forestieri 7 Worked hard, seems to link better with Hooper, perfect pass for Loovens, some players would have gone for goaly

Fletcher 8 Not happening for him in front of goal, but leads the line well, and works his socks off

Joao 7 His threat stopped Newcastle pushing higher up the pitch, clever move by Carlos

Nuhiu 7 What a weapon to bring on when you want to keep the ball, vastly underrated by the Matchday mob

Jones 7 Came on and did the job Carlos asked off him

Ft

Footnote = Probably the most complete team performance I've witnessed during Carlos' reign

Modern football is as much about what you do when you haven't got the ball, as when you have the ball, some of the Matchday mob do not understand modern day football

We've won away at the top of the league and one poster gave 7 players a 6, unbelievable.

Really good post and great comments. Not sure I personally felt Joao justified coming on by his short erratic performance but all in all thought you were spot on  mate.

Guest Copthorneowl
17 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hutchinson - immense.

Ratings:

Westwood 9

Palmer 7

Pudil 6

Loovens 9

Lees 8

Reach 7

Bannan 8

Hutchinson 9.5

Wallace 7

FF 7

Fletcher 7

Jones 6

Dave n/a

Joao 5

Anyone else find it harder / more nervy watching on TV than at the match?

Got similar eyesight good call matey

4 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Really good post and great comments. Not sure I personally felt Joao justified coming on by his short erratic performance but all in all thought you were spot on  mate.

Cheers mate

I think had we not put Joao on, their back four would have started to push up, which would have condensed the play and forced our back four deeper

Having someone with a bit of pace up front stopped their centre halfs pushing forward

Carlos always has a plan, even if a lot of our supporters don't recognise it, each player has a role, even if it's just to occupy an area of the pitch

The signs are there if people look for them

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest mrbluesky
7 hours ago, roaminowl said:

He gave his player ratings...which is what the thread title asks people to do. It's obviously more than just a vote for 'Man of the Match'. Some folk will moan about owt FFS. I don't know why I bother sometimes.

Calling it `Soccer` as well!! that`s my moan out of the way!:biggrin: