Atdhe Nuhiu wanted by St Pauli

48 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What did Carlos say about bringing new striker in .

Its in the Newcastle Presser thread. 

Basically he said we will be strengthening in January and a striker and winger are on  his list of targets  

Andy Giddings ?@Gids1980  17m17 minutes ago
#swfc boss CC describes the injury situation as "yellow alert, not red" with Bannan, Abdi, Lee, Hooper, and Buckley all currently doubts.

Andy Giddings ?@Gids1980  15m15 minutes ago
#swfc boss CC confirms they will be active in the January transfer window, hinting a winger and a fwd could be on his list.

Andy Giddings ?@Gids1980  14m14 minutes ago
#swfc boss CC reiterates that the players transfer listed in August - McGugan, Bus, Dielna - are still available for transfer.

Andy Giddings ?@Gids1980  9m9 minutes ago
#swfc boss CC tempered talk of any big name incomings by admitting that Owls won't be breaking any #FFP rules.

Edited by S36 OWL

I can think of around 10 players is get rid of in front of this lad. He offers us something different, and his treatment by some fans, many of which worship the likes of Mattias, McGugan, FF, and Abdi, is pisss poor. Give me a 100pc lad every week over injury prone foreign lads who hide, or those that actually refuse to play for the club. 

I'd keep him, and get rid of some of our 'fans'. 

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

I can think of around 10 players is get rid of in front of this lad. He offers us something different, and his treatment by some fans, many of which worship the likes of Mattias, McGugan, FF, and Abdi, is pisss poor. Give me a 100pc lad every week over injury prone foreign lads who hide, or those that actually refuse to play for the club. 

It should be a given that every player gives 100%, how do you measure that one player gives 100% and another doesn't give 100%?

Does Bannan give 100% or Hunt?  What about Westwood?  

Would you rather have a player at 60% but achieves more than a 100% player who isn't as good?

Do we have any players at Hillsborough who hide?  Can you demonstrate this?

Would you prefer to loses 60% of fan base because they don't agree with you?

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

It should be a given that every player gives 100%, how do you measure that one player gives 100% and another doesn't give 100%?

Does Bannan give 100% or Hunt?  What about Westwood?  

Would you rather have a player at 60% but achieves more than a 100% player who isn't as good?

Do we have any players at Hillsborough who hide?  Can you demonstrate this?

Would you prefer to loses 60% of fan base because they don't agree with you?

Aren't these the celebrity mastermind questions? 

:manager:

Not the player he once was. Up front under gray he ran until he dropped, and scored some great goals at places like qpr and his tremendous goal vs Man City away.

he isn't that player anymore, maybe that is physical , maybe between the ears or a bit of both. He isn't a goal threat anymore and i could not in a million years see him scoring a goal like he did at Man City again for us.

time to cash in the chips.

I love Nuhiu, his attitude's brilliant, his work rate's second to none and I've never seen a player quite like him, he offers an extremely bizarre skillset for a player of his build.

That said, if we are to bring in another striker in January then one really has got to go because otherwise we'd be left with a ridiculous number. Those saying we need to shift out the total deadwood like Dielna, McGugan etc. are correct but no club's shown any real interest, whereas this interest from St Pauli could be concrete. I'd feel pretty sad watching him be shipped out to a team bottom of the German second tier but if it has to be any club then a cult hero like Nuhiu needs to be at a cult club like St Pauli. 

I would be happy to see him stay as well, he's a great option off the bench, but Fletcher and Hooper are simply better than him and Joao still has more potential to grow than Nuhiu does. However, I'd probably be happier to see Joao go if he still hasn't cemented a place in the team by the summer.

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Got 8 league goals in both of the 2 seasons where he was a regular starter. Not amazing by any means but he was our top scorer both times and in a very average and very defensive side. 

How many has he missed that have cost us valuable points? Too many to mention I'm afraid, if the money is right it's time to wave him goodbye.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Well said. The one thing to add is that he was a free from a minor league.  No one expected that we had signed a high end championship striker.  (Of if they did they really weren't massively bright).  

These days I wouldn't expect to see him start, but I am happy to see him on the bench, and the right circumstances to come on.

My sentiments as well mate.

Guest Copthorneowl
17 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I love Nuhiu, his attitude's brilliant, his work rate's second to none and I've never seen a player quite like him, he offers an extremely bizarre skillset for a player of his build.

That said, if we are to bring in another striker in January then one really has got to go because otherwise we'd be left with a ridiculous number. Those saying we need to shift out the total deadwood like Dielna, McGugan etc. are correct but no club's shown any real interest, whereas this interest from St Pauli could be concrete. I'd feel pretty sad watching him be shipped out to a team bottom of the German second tier but if it has to be any club then a cult hero like Nuhiu needs to be at a cult club like St Pauli. 

I would be happy to see him stay as well, he's a great option off the bench, but Fletcher and Hooper are simply better than him and Joao still has more potential to grow than Nuhiu does. However, I'd probably be happier to see Joao go if he still hasn't cemented a place in the team by the summer.

Really good thoughtful post mate. Well said. Big Dave has been top lad but probably needs to go with our blessing and for his own sake where he gets game time.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, vulva said:

Reading your post made me think how good it would be (if you could) to transplant the attitude and mentality of some players to others and then you could enjoy a world beater.

Imagine if McGugan could inherit Big Daves team ethic and attitude he'd be be some player, instead he's a lazy, greedy very good and talented player who will never achieve what he should and will never be loved. Nuhiu on the other hand will be like Semedo forever loved/liked and remembered fondly for his love of our team and club.

How do people know that he gives 100% each week......someone has posted a clip of what he's like "in full flow" and yet how often have we seen that....very very occasionally which would suggest the bang opposite of him giving 100% each week.

and he has been anything but "a great servant" to the club, again there is a point to be made that the complete opposite is true and that what he's delivered compared to what he's been paid is probably right up there in terms of the lowest per pound of any player we've ever had

Melo, Bus, Dielna, McGugan, Kean, Sougou, Abdi, Mattias, Emanuelson, Semedo. 

Thats 10 that should be moved on well before the big lad, for a variety of reasons. The main reason, for the majority of them, is that Carlos would rather play with 10 than pick them.