Atdhe Nuhiu wanted by St Pauli

33 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No , there is plenty more rubbish needs shifting before him 

This.

Letting him go would be a decision we would live to regret. He provides an option that we just don't have. Particularly good at making it stick up field.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

This.

Letting him go would be a decision we would live to regret. He provides an option that we just don't have. Particularly good at making it stick up field.

He is useful as a last 10-15 mins sub, but is it worth a squad place & wage? I'd be happy either way.

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

He is useful as a last 10-15 mins sub, but is it worth a squad place & wage? I'd be happy either way.

Absolutely if those 10 minutes prevent the opposition from getting up field and equalising.

He's earned us points plenty of times in the past by doing just this.

Also earned us points ruffling feathers and creating an opening for others to score a winner..

If we sign another striker that makes Nuhiu our 6th choice striker. Although he is a good asset from the bench. You would need at least two of those strikers to get injured before he even made the bench.

If Carlos decides it's time for him to go then it will be the right decision.

30 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Absolutely if those 10 minutes prevent the opposition from getting up field and equalising.

He's earned us points plenty of times in the past by doing just this.

Also earned us points ruffling feathers and creating an opening for others to score a winner..

You've slept since Birmingham away obviously, where he clatters the bar when it's easier to score in injury time and the blue noses ran up to the other end of the pitch and scored the winner .

lol

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

You've slept since Birmingham away obviously, where he clatters the bar when it's easier to score in injury time and the blue noses ran up to the other end of the pitch and scored the winner .

lol

Ha. Yeah, that one was unfortunate.

But in general I'm happy when Nuhiu comes on at 80 mins. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Atdhe has been a terrific servant to this club. Like most fans I accept he frustrates due to his lack of goals but to be fair he brings a lot of other playing qualities to the table.

He loves the club and most of us love him. In our current state of having a full reserve team of players who won't get a game whatever happens I would have thought there would be a few on the bye bye list before him. Only problem is many of them have more skill but really nothing to offer and also  are not match fit.

Personally I would be surprised if CC lets him go before he gets another striker in. The January market might well be the time we get a new striker and if we do I suspect he will surely be off.

I for one would wish him nothing other than good luck and our blessing for being a proper SWFC servant and character legend. He still gives what a lot can't and I certainly include Joao in that. Good luck Atdhe brilliant bloke.

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Currently we need the cover but if we are bringing in another striker in January then it would make sense.

To be honest though Nuhiu's main role now is defensive rather than offensive. When we are trying to see a game out and need the ball to stick up front and when we need to someone to win defensive headers from set pieces he's still a great option from the bench.

His role has always been defensive he's never scored