Is this right?!

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Chansiri isn't a company brand though, it's a family name 

Its just like Dave Blunkett sponsoring a player. If its paying into our club it fair enough.

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Needed another coat or two then lol

You couldnt see it for couple of years then it slowly rose from the ashes again

6 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

So you are suggesting SWFC crammed in to one block of seats is a fair replacement to what looked pretty stunning on the North Stand? You are also making an argument based on me and others not knowing if SWFC is going to be placed on the Kop when you have absolutely no idea yourself!

If the club intends on placing SWFC on the Kop then they need to remove "the owls" and put the SWFC as big as possible in the central 4 blocks so it is what the away fans see.

It was an example. True i have no idea if that will happen but neither do the people who are banging on about the SWFC going forever and moaning about it. Im just looking at the bigger picture rather than being doom and gloom over a few plastic seats that could be making us millions

If it is happening, i would like to see both on there.

More of an "all being in it together thing", owners and fans.

"Chansiri" for being able to put more money in, "SWFC" for the fans.

CHANSIRI

SWFC

Just now, barmyowl1212 said:

Its just like Dave Blunkett sponsoring a player. If its paying into our club it fair enough.

It could be a step toward making the owners name and preferences central to the club itself , which is different to say sponsoring a player. I can see why some wouldn't be bothered if it gave us money to spend and I can see that too, but I also think that the same can be achieved without some of the actions being taken. It's not wholly necessary, just what he prefers. It could be the Chansiri stand without removing SWFC from the seats.

As Chansiri isn't a company brand I don't see why it needs to be in full view or central to marketing  in TV as part of the deal. It's his club so he could choose promote the name of the club.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It could be a step toward making the owners name and preferences central to the club itself , which is different to say sponsoring a player. I can see why some wouldn't be bothered if it gave us money to spend and I can see that too, but I also think that the same can be achieved without some of the actions being taken. It's not wholly necessary, just what he prefers. It could be the Chansiri stand without removing SWFC from the seats.

As Chansiri isn't a company brand I don't see why it needs to be in full view or central to marketing  in TV as part of the deal. It's his club so he could choose promote the name of the club.

Maybe its because the Chansiri family own us and they all put money in so rather than have various companies you have a family name as the main vocal point. He is a family man and maybe he feels rather than spoil a family/ community club with a club thats mainly a business  to make him money like your Venkys and the like he is keeping the major sponsorship family oriented. I dont know im purely guessing

35 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

One thing after another, sad that people have no problem to lose our identity just as long as we sign overrated crap like abdi 

shame but I guess that's modern football 

This.

Let's remember, if  Chansiri up and leaves we're exactly where we were league wise, but left with a kit no one likes and a stand with his name on it.

1 minute ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Posted by someone with the word 'RED' as part of his username !!

Smell of bacon ?  :wacko:

Couldn't be further from the truth, mate. I'm just saddened to see piece after piece of our identity (stripes, badge...)taken away at the whim of our chairman. Maybe it's an overreaction but our history and traditions mean a lot to me.

(and if you didn't know the Red Sox are a baseball team)

1 minute ago, VBQ24 said:

This.

Let's remember, if  Chansiri up and leaves we're exactly where we were league wise, but left with a kit no one likes and a stand with his name on it.

I'd take it as a sign he's going nowhere for a long time.  But, hey-ho... everybody's different.

19 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Arrrrr I see. You must be a happy clapper with no identity of what SWFC is about. A modern day sell out. 

I'm more than happy that he's spending lorry loads of his money on quality players and upgrading the club behind the scenes. 

Do I care if he changes the colour of a few seats? No.

Do I care if he changes the shirt design? Not too impressed with the current design but can live with it.

Do I remember the bad times? You bet, bring on the changes.

Edited by Muffin Owl

45 minutes ago, MAL said:

If it is happening, i would like to see both on there.

More of an "all being in it together thing", owners and fans.

"Chansiri" for being able to put more money in, "SWFC" for the fans.

CHANSIRI

FC

25 minutes ago, barmyowl1212 said:

Maybe its because the Chansiri family own us and they all put money in so rather than have various companies you have a family name as the main vocal point. He is a family man and maybe he feels rather than spoil a family/ community club with a club thats mainly a business  to make him money like your Venkys and the like he is keeping the major sponsorship family oriented. I dont know im purely guessing

we arnt a family-community club ,we are run by a hard nosed dictatorial businessman who does what he wants.......while we are relatively successful a lot will buy in to it  and accept that he can do what he wants without criticism but I do sense a bit of a loss of goodwill towards him from more and more supporters .