Is this right?!

Just now, UTO1867 said:

I notice they kept LFC though, that's the difference, DC can plaster what he wants all over the ground, after all it is his plaything but ripping up the club name seems a little bit like sacrilege to me.

Have you not noticed that it still says the owls on the kop. How do you know he isnt planning an SWFC where the owl badge was? 

4 minutes ago, barmyowl1212 said:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/wp-content/uploads/P160909-048-LFC_Main_Stand_Opening-1200x800.jpg

You would all lose your poo if he started putting Sondico on the south stand like Liverpool have done. Standard Charter too.

Its normal to have sponsorship on seats. Go with the times where our club makes money instead of owing millions. I know its a new thing to grasp. 

I'd be less bothered if it were outside sponsorship like that. 

It's all a bit too insular for me. My concern is for the long term if CC decides he's had enough of his new toy. Done a great job so far, but to me it doesn't seem a long term sustainable business model. 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'd be less bothered if it were outside sponsorship like that. 

It's all a bit too insular for me. My concern is for the long term if CC decides he's had enough of his new toy. Done a great job so far, but to me it doesn't seem a long term sustainable business model. 

Isnt New Balance a company of Liverpools owner? 

26 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

We've had the word PRESTO scorched onto the roof of the West Stand despite the fact that the company themselves haven't paid us a penny for nigh on 20 years, to the extent that some find it a curiosity or even an endearing part of our ground.

The owner who is continuing to pump in millions of pounds into the club puts his name on the North Stand and all of a sudden we are losing our identity.

You couldn't make it up.

Only because no one could be bothered to paint over it. Which they should've done.

Had the name Sheffield Wednesday been replaced with Presto then your point might be more relevant. Presto isn't much different to the other peripheral sponsors.

I understand we need money any the rest, but taken as a whole we have the chairmans name on the shirt, a change of badge, removal of stripes (perhaps they may return but who knows) potential replacement of the club name on seats by the chairmans name. No change or loss of identity there for a few quid at all. 

If some people aren't bothered by it then fair enough. But I'm sure there are means of sponsoring the stadium or making changes that don't encroach on the 150 years before that. Plenty of people will see that as a shame.

8 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

I don't but then again i am not mystic Meg.

No im saying we dont know but people are jumping on his back for getting rid of the swfc on the north when they dont even know if its going in a different stand.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Only because no one could be bothered to paint over it. Which they should've done.

Had the name Sheffield Wednesday been replaced with Presto then your point might be more relevant. Presto isn't much different to the other peripheral sponsors.

I understand we need money any the rest, but taken as a whole we have the chairmans name on the shirt, a change of badge, removal of stripes (perhaps they may return but who knows) potential replacement of the club name on seats by the chairmans name. No change or loss of identity there for a few quid at all. 

If some people aren't bothered by it then fair enough. But I'm sure there are means of sponsoring the stadium or making changes that don't encroach on the 150 years before that. Plenty of people will see that as a shame.

Not true. A few years back it was painted over as i was in the ground when they were doing it before a match finishing it off. It was round 2008 though. 

14 minutes ago, barmyowl1212 said:

No im saying we dont know but people are jumping on his back for getting rid of the swfc on the north when they dont even know if its going in a different stand.

Not true. A few years back it was painted over as i was in the ground when they were doing it before a match finishing it off. It was round 2008 though. 

Needed another coat or two then lol

8 minutes ago, barmyowl1212 said:

So you are suggesting SWFC crammed in to one block of seats is a fair replacement to what looked pretty stunning on the North Stand? You are also making an argument based on me and others not knowing if SWFC is going to be placed on the Kop when you have absolutely no idea yourself!

If the club intends on placing SWFC on the Kop then they need to remove "the owls" and put the SWFC as big as possible in the central 4 blocks so it is what the away fans see.

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

I'm telling you know. This will get messy if people don't stop licking his backside. He thinks he has us all in his back pocket. Tbf I'm not bothered about seats, but changing the kit and badge without fans consultation. Where's it going to stop?

Does he think he owns us or something?