Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

It's a very simple question that DC will ask. Does he have the confidence in Carlos to get us top 6?

When that becomes doubtful in his mind (maybe already is) then he will act

And if another manager is available that he thinks will do a better job with his money.  He bought us when we were a midtable side, spent about £70m+ and are now getting results of a midtable side. So it will be interesting to see how patient Chansiri wants to be 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He deserves time to sort it out. 

Think some of fans need to grow a pair and stop acting like self entitled brats tbh. 

Sane first sentence. Leave it at that. No need for the insult afterwards. 

This is one of the reasons OT has turned into a bitchfest.

Unless a top drawer candidate becomes available then there is little point getting rid of Carlos at the moment. It's been a frustrating season but I think we have on the whole played ok and are still very much in the mix. It seems to me like we aren't too far away from getting things right and I'm still hopeful we will start to click at some point. 

If we get cut adrift from the playoffs or indeed end the season outside of the top 6 then that's I think when we need to start asking questions.

15 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Unless a top drawer candidate becomes available then there is little point getting rid of Carlos at the moment. It's been a frustrating season but I think we have on the whole played ok and are still very much in the mix. It seems to me like we aren't too far away from getting things right and I'm still hopeful we will start to click at some point. 

If we get cut adrift from the playoffs or indeed end the season outside of the top 6 then that's I think when we need to start asking questions.

Makes sense to me. 

As long as we are in with a shout (off the play offs), then it makes naff all sense to be looking for change. There are no candidates currently available (out of work) who (IMO) could do a better job. 

If there is a real collapse and we really start to drop, then perhaps we might have to reassess.

15 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

My sentiments exactly.let's wait till at least the end of March/Beginning of April because that will be the moment where our season could either fade away into mid-table obscurity or have a dramatic last 10 matches of the season where there's everything to play for.

If CC is sacked now it divides the fan base in much the same way it did when GM was sacked.

He would have got us in the top 6........he wouldn't have done it..........the new manager rode on the back of CC's success...........he got this team playing.

Make no mistake about it, this squad is capable of top 6 again and neither the players nor CC have failed.

We over achieved last season, it's often harder to maintain a certain level especially with an over inflated expectation which could be compared to nothing before last season. 

CC is the right man for the job.

6 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

If CC is sacked now it divides the fan base in much the same way it did when GM was sacked.

He would have got us in the top 6........he wouldn't have done it..........the new manager rode on the back of CC's success...........he got this team playing.

Make no mistake about it, this squad is capable of top 6 again and neither the players nor CC have failed.

We over achieved last season, it's often harder to maintain a certain level especially with an over inflated expectation which could be compared to nothing before last season. 

CC is the right man for the job.

In terms of expectation it's a decent comparison.

We were performing worse under megson when he got sacked than we are under Carlos.

But whereas under Megson we had that great run before Christmas, we haven't put a decent winning spell together this season.

Edited by Beholder

Where am I at...?

I think CC is a nice guy and probably a fantastic coach.  I think he is the sort of coach that players would love to work under.  

I don't think he is the type of manager we need to get promoted.  I think his team selection is bizarre and his tactical approach is even more bizarre.  I am not convinced about the recruitment in the last transfer window or two, although I acknowledge CC's input may have been limited in this.  

Overall I think CC will keep us in the top half without ever pressing on the top three or four teams.  We might, with a healthy amount of luck, sneak a top six place this season but I think it's looking unlikely.  We appear to be going backwards.  

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

And if another manager is available that he thinks will do a better job with his money.  He bought us when we were a midtable side, spent about £70m+ and are now getting results of a midtable side. So it will be interesting to see how patient Chansiri wants to be 

Its coming up to transfer window time ,and will DC let Carlos have another load of cash to spend ? Or will he think we arnt progressing after all the investment in the summer and keep the cheque book closed? 

Interesting times lie ahead.