Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Great coach and lovely guy who may not be making all the calls on transfers etc.

If he's not , why ditch him when next guy 'll be under same influence.

The club needs a real top shot recruiter, especially with EFL knowledge and contacts.

January's the key for us, Villa and Norwich - both in and outs.

Bruce after Westwood 's already a sign he knows what he's doing , plus may creat another FF situation.

And what's the manager alternative? Maybe Wharburton?

57 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Great coach and lovely guy who may not be making all the calls on transfers etc.

If he's not , why ditch him when next guy 'll be under same influence.

The club needs a real top shot recruiter, especially with EFL knowledge and contacts.

January's the key for us, Villa and Norwich - both in and outs.

Bruce after Westwood 's already a sign he knows what he's doing , plus may creat another FF situation.

And what's the manager alternative? Maybe Wharburton?

Any new man in would likely demand control over transfers as a pre-requisite to taking the job.

I think CC was keen to get back into management, spotted and opportunity here so was happy to compromise and work under the new system put in place by DC.

However I think once DC clearly sees how much money has been spent and what has returned, he may have second thoughts about entrusting transfers to a third part/committee.  A return to more conventional methods may happen.

Bottom line, the manager knows (or should) who and what he needs.   With the size and inefficiency of our squad, a change of practice needs to be considered as the current system isn't working:  We have a lopsided squad - as result CC has too many choices and cant mold a team, plus it must be costing a fortune.  The results on the pitch this season have been plain to see.

If we don't pick up soon, I expect DC to spend some extra time here and review how the club is run transfer/player wise with some possible changes in place for the NY.

19 hours ago, davey_wells said:

We drew away at Fulham, after playing well and conceding late on.

Take a step back from the situation - would your views on CC be the same if Scott Malone had ballooned that one over the bar instead of scoring and we had grabbed 3 points and be sitting back in the playoff positions?

Some huge over-reactive drama queens on here - expectation levels of us being suddenly amazing now after spending a bit of money are crazy.

but Fulham could have easily won it too, how would people feel then?

FWIW I would go full out for Big Sam, perfect Championship record

35 minutes ago, modboy said:

but Fulham could have easily won it too, how would people feel then?

FWIW I would go full out for Big Sam, perfect Championship record

So you really think Big Sam, who has always built teams around very physical players, would do better with our current squad?

A new manager would have to bring in lots of new players. Completely pointless talking about any managerial changes during the season whilst we are so close to the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Carbone said:

So you really think Big Sam, who has always built teams around very physical players, would do better with our current squad?

A new manager would have to bring in lots of new players. Completely pointless talking about any managerial changes during the season whilst we are so close to the playoffs.

As Big Sam says himself it's a slight myth that all his sides have just been about physical play. He mixes flair with physicality quite well to get results for each particular club.  IF he was appointed he'd probably only sign 3 players through our spine to improve us. And I'd imagine Carlos may sign the same amount too 

23 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

As Big Sam says himself it's a slight myth that all his sides have just been about physical play. He mixes flair with physicality quite well to get results for each particular club.  IF he was appointed he'd probably only sign 3 players through our spine to improve us. And I'd imagine Carlos may sign the same amount too 

agree. West Ham, Carrol apart were pretty nimble

He has Fletcher and Nuhiu to play that role and Hutchinson would be his CM "enforcer"

Bring in a new dominating CB during the transfer window and perhaps new CBs and are team would look pretty physically strong

33 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Look at his teams, they had big physical players and we don't.

Unbelievable that people are actually debating bringing another manager in when we're 2 points from the playoffs.

Edited by Carbone

9 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Look at his teams, they had big physical players and we don't.

Unbelievable that people are actually debating bringing another manager in when we're 2 points from the playoffs.

Its not our position that worries me, its the fact we have been ineffective / crap most games ive been to

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Earlsfield,

Your points are good but I wish I shared your faith in human nature.

As Steve Bruce or similar top guys are not available, most ambitious or unemployed managers we could attract would, like most of us, swallow for £15 ,000 per week (or how do Leeds get coaches?).  

As for Big Sam, can you really see him and his type appealing to DC ?

Indeed, after the Pearson debacle with another Thai owner at Leicester, many Brits? 

And, as Carlos often points out, foreign coaches are used to interfering owners and getting fired so many of them would apply, including Dodgy Doyen's mob.

As for Fulham, good result .......if you don't wanna go up. We just have to see out games we are winning. 

Players are surely more important in January and we need Rhodes, Mancienne, Scott Parker -type minimum.

Guest Copthorneowl

One mans meat is another mans poison. If Carlos is expected to take responsibility for results as many are stating then it's his players not somebody else's that should determine success or failure.

Does anybody actually know whose calling the shots on players? No didn't think so.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Post Committee, even Radio Pravda and The Star have stated on several occasions that DC takes final decision.

Probably after input from coahes and Doyen etc.

Like  on the Vardy matter where several sources, plus Stuart Gray, have  stated he refused the £5 million deal last Summer.  

And why not, it's his money?

But to can Carlos now would be unfair -  if it's not fully his recruitment (difficult to believe he put this lot together).

We need a Les Read now, not another manager.

These are uncharted waters for Carlos. The maximum number of league games he's overseen as head coach at any one club before coming to us was 50 with Portuguese third division SC Leixões in seasons 2001/2002 and 2002/2003. He's actually never completed 2 seasons with a club. So he's either not wanted or never been given the opportunity to build anything. I've no doubt that he is a very good coach and did a fantastic job in melding last seasons players into a good footballing side. Whether he can or will get chance to take us to the next level remains to be seen.  

3 hours ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Post Committee, even Radio Pravda and The Star have stated on several occasions that DC takes final decision.

Probably after input from coahes and Doyen etc.

Like  on the Vardy matter where several sources, plus Stuart Gray, have  stated he refused the £5 million deal last Summer.  

And why not, it's his money?

But to can Carlos now would be unfair -  if it's not fully his recruitment (difficult to believe he put this lot together).

We need a Les Read now, not another manager.

when did Gray say that?