Where are you @ with Carvalhal?

10 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Nowt ever changes- some reeyt drama queens on here. Without doubt the best manager we've had in 20 odd year and as soon as we have a freakish result people are calling for his head. Nothing more than keyboard-happy reactional opinions. Let's wait until Christmas and open this debate again, be interesting to see how relevant most of these comments are. 

i'm far from sure 'he's the best manager we've had in 20 odd year'...

HE'S LIKELY HAD WAY MORE MONEY TO SPEND THAN ANY MANAGER IN THE LAST 20 ODD YEAR...

'freakish result' which one?

the no show with 'ull?, the l**ds debacle?, falling to the mighty barca ooops! i meant burton?, or the 15 minutes we bossed it, then lost it at brum?

HE IS short on tactics (my guess that's why he's had the peddler a dozen times before) and we've been sussed over it (the old anti arsenal 2 banks of 4)...

rowett shat all over his plans after 15 minutes at brum, and carlos had nothing at all tactically to come back with...

it's neither your or my decision on when to call time, but i hope we both understand that DC is a business man, not a wednesday or carlos supporter, and he will decide when and how...

if we can still stumble on winning as many as we lose, then yes get nearer Christmas, but if i were the owner i'd be very reluctant to give him the january t/f window...

i mean how many more smallish midfielders can you get in a Christmas stocking?

Had a bit of time to think about this. We've accumulated some good players, though perhaps not enough of them to sweep all and sundry aside. We also refuse to approach games tactically on merit, which sometimes means that our play can be a bit naive against organised opponents. No matter, we will win more games than we lose, but it's likely to be more of the same, a pretty mixed bag. Entertaining, but not perhaps the stuff of promotion winners

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Had a bit of time to think about this. We've accumulated some good players, though perhaps not enough of them to sweep all and sundry aside. We also refuse to approach games tactically on merit, which sometimes means that our play can be a bit naive against organised opponents. No matter, we will win more games than we lose, but it's likely to be more of the same, a pretty mixed bag. Entertaining, but not perhaps the stuff of promotion winners

bang on...

old east german/missionary position with lights off carlos...

33 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

I do think he only has the one idea about how the game should be played.  He's written a book about it and as far as he's concerned, it's the 'right' way.  If it doesn't work, I'm not sure he knows what to do.

To a certain extent, but he embraced a different system until he came here. In fact, most of the signings were to facilitate a three man central midfield, including a ball winner. He only changed it after 7 games last season

Edited by gurujuan

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

bang on...

old east german/missionary position with lights off carlos...

I cannot for the life of me understand why Buckley doesn't get a run.

CC insists on playing his favourite familiar faces. Palmer was dropped after 3 good games. Wallace has no pace & no right foot. Reach is wasted at left back.

Yet, on the other hand, he makes subs that change the game & is as passionate as they come.

We keep getting out of jail at home, but our away form is poor.

A proper Jekyll & Hyde team. CC is the potion. Can't work him out at all. 

The quality of our play seems to depend on the opposition. Against Villa, Norwich & Brum, we raised our game. But won, drew & lost. Against Wigan, BC & Forest we started crap & won all 3!

A proper conundrum.

I'm fairly philosophical, I'd prefer Carlos to be a little more pragmatic on occasions, but you have to accept that, it isn't his style. As I said, we have some very good players, but I can see that we probably don't have enough of them to sweep all before us. Consequently then, winning more than we lose, while playing entertaining football, is probably the best we can hope for.

7 hours ago, dnhc said:

i'm far from sure 'he's the best manager we've had in 20 odd year'...

HE'S LIKELY HAD WAY MORE MONEY TO SPEND THAN ANY MANAGER IN THE LAST 20 ODD YEAR...

'freakish result' which one?

the no show with 'ull?, the l**ds debacle?, falling to the mighty barca ooops! i meant burton?, or the 15 minutes we bossed it, then lost it at brum?

HE IS short on tactics (my guess that's why he's had the peddler a dozen times before) and we've been sussed over it (the old anti arsenal 2 banks of 4)...

rowett shat all over his plans after 15 minutes at brum, and carlos had nothing at all tactically to come back with...

it's neither your or my decision on when to call time, but i hope we both understand that DC is a business man, not a wednesday or carlos supporter, and he will decide when and how...

if we can still stumble on winning as many as we lose, then yes get nearer Christmas, but if i were the owner i'd be very reluctant to give him the january t/f window...

i mean how many more smallish midfielders can you get in a Christmas stocking?

Haha you really think Brum got on top after 15mins?????

We totally dominated for 35minutes then we let the tempo drop and they got back in it but Brum were only on top after they went with 2 big lumps up top.

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Haha you really think Brum got on top after 15mins?????

We totally dominated for 35minutes then we let the tempo drop and they got back in it but Brum were only on top after they went with 2 big lumps up top.

we opened them at will for the first 15 minutes... 

then they appeared to drop a defensive m/f into the hole in front of their defence and we'd done...

we made more chances in the first 15 minute than in the entire rest of the game...

HAHA!

13 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we opened them at will for the first 15 minutes... 

then they appeared to drop a defensive m/f into the hole in front of their defence and we'd done...

we made more chances in the first 15 minute than in the entire rest of the game...

HAHA!

Really I'm amazed I might watch the game back then as one of us is talking poo poo.

31 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Really I'm amazed I might watch the game back then as one of us is talking poo poo.

we tore them apart for the first 15...

i watched thinking how many will we score when we actually break through?

then we went flat in front of their defence...

moving it constantly left to right, right to left with very little penetration...

undoubtably 'the clappers' and 'tiptap' boys would be in ecstasy as the number of sideways passes mounted...

and perhaps this is what actually confused you...

you may have mistaken having the ball and effing around with it all day with lil or no penetration as 'domination'...