Expensive Potter

2 hours ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

Didnt reckon much to Reach last night, looked lost within the team, chose the wrong passes time and again and looked afraid to pass through balls. He reminded me of Darren potter and his crab style sideways passing. the only thing he did well was when he took on a couple of players, but for a 5m+ signing i expect a lot better for the money.

I thought the kids were back at school now? 

Thought he was very impressive last night. When was the last time that we had a player that constantly offers so much width? 

He was a great out ball for us on every counter attack, and I honestly thought that he didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Some of his crosses and cut backs really deserved better, particularly the one to Fletcher who mis-hit his shot.

Very exciting prospect. He's going to be a fantastic player for us. 

Edited by Wath-owl

Must have been the old chap sat behind me, moaning old bag.

1st half Reach cleared the ball from right by the left side corner flag, under pressure, and the guy behind shouts 'another pass wasted'

the scary thing is, this guy must have been watching football for 50+ years

2 hours ago, nebneeb said:

Whatever you think of Reach and his worth, how did you ever come up with a comparison with Potter? They are completely different players who play in completely different positions...

I don't think that thought got beyond "how do I get some attention"

Reach BTW looks a class act - him and Fletcher look our best signing so far. He's got real potential

1 hour ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

i was at the match and still think hes just average! he's not the next messiah. but youll see eventually i was right

Back tracking now... First he was Potter now he's average, Potter was never as good as average for us. lol

1 hour ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

i was at the match and still think hes just average! he's not the next messiah. but youll see eventually i was right

Back tracking now... First he was Potter now he's average, Potter was never as good as average for us. lol

2 hours ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

Didnt reckon much to Reach last night, looked lost within the team, chose the wrong passes time and again and looked afraid to pass through balls. He reminded me of Darren potter and his crab style sideways passing. the only thing he did well was when he took on a couple of players, but for a 5m+ signing i expect a lot better for the money.

do you mean Jones? give him time 

Reach is oozing class, looks a bit like the new boy at the moment and over hit several crosses but generally i like what i saw