Expensive Potter

Just now, nebneeb said:

Whatever you think of Reach and his worth, how did you ever come up with a comparison with Potter? They are completely different players who play in completely different positions...

same play style, afraid to go forward, out of position a few times, and either passes sideways or behnd

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Highly rated young footballer written off after 90 minutes....

youre probably right, i should reserve judgement for more than just 90mins i just thought he was gash

Bristol cities striker though was class, and how Joao should be taught to play.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Just seen the highlights of Barca v Celtic last night....thought Messi looked a bit off the pace....clearly over the hill and the manager needs to stop playing Messi, Swarez and Neymar in the same team, its obviously not working!

Yep, clearly not functional without Nuhiu in there to add power and clinical finishing.

But to be fair, he does pass sideways an awful lot like Potter. 

But as a winger, that's what you're meant to do. It's called putting a cross in. 

2 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

same play style, afraid to go forward, out of position a few times, and either passes sideways or behnd

If you want to compare him with anyone then Darren Anderton is your man.....lets just hope he's got a better injury record!

5 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

No Adam Reach, he's not worth the money we paid. no where near, worth about 500k at most

and im not scapegoating ive never done that before just dont get hyped up, because hes crap

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt when I thought you meant Jones due to the way the game went but if that is you honest opinion of Reach you are welcome to it.

My honest opinion of your opinion is that it's completely and utterly wrong.

Possible Man of the match contender, looked better defensively than our left back, crossed the ball better than all our wingers for the past 5 years, quick, strong, eye for a pass and good in the air. Give over.

18 minutes ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

Didnt reckon much to Reach last night, looked lost within the team, chose the wrong passes time and again and looked afraid to pass through balls. He reminded me of Darren potter and his crab style sideways passing. the only thing he did well was when he took on a couple of players, but for a 5m+ signing i expect a lot better for the money.

Either you're fishing in the puddles from last night or you are a complete kn0b who knows nothing about football........

Just now, Sultan_Pepper said:

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt when I thought you meant Jones due to the way the game went but if that is you honest opinion of Reach you are welcome to it.

My honest opinion of your opinion is that it's completely and utterly wrong.

Possible Man of the match contender, looked better defensively than our left back, crossed the ball better than all our wingers for the past 5 years, quick, strong, eye for a pass and good in the air. Give over.

ha really! those great crosses to the back post constantly!! and to no one (because they went over all the strikers) amazing those crosses.

Just now, Woodhouse_owl said:

Potter played left back/left wing, provided constant width, stretched the opposition defence to create spaces, drove forward with the ball, skinned people multiple times, drove crosses into the box...

I remember Potter as sitting in front of the defence, being quite lazy, offering no protection to the back 4, not tracking his opposition runners, always playing safe in possession. Must be my old age.

Just now, Woodhouse_owl said:

ha really! those great crosses to the back post constantly!! and to no one (because they went over all the strikers) amazing those crosses.

I counted at least 3 crosses to the head of Fletcher and FF, the pull backs to Lee and Wallace (at least two), a couple of swung in low crosses across the 6 yard box. At this point I'm certain you're on the wind up, enjoy your day.

8 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Potter played left back/left wing, provided constant width, stretched the opposition defence to create spaces, drove forward with the ball, skinned people multiple times, drove crosses into the box...

I remember Potter as sitting in front of the defence, being quite lazy, offering no protection to the back 4, not tracking his opposition runners, always playing safe in possession. Must be my old age.

You forgot whipping three corners in a row that failed to beat the first man.