Vincent Sasso signs - OFFICIAL

We have just paid out 6 million approx for 2 midfielders.

Not a problem with this at all but we are ignoring the more problematic CM position.

Semedo is not up to the job in is own position now so  playing him a CM role is silly and costing us points.,

Please sort it CC pronto,

About time. Makes sense to bring him back.

Don't understand why we waited so long to bring centre backs in and why we play two holding midfielders at centre back when we've got centre backs rotting in the reserves like Lachman and Dielna. Hopefully Sasso will return and we'll get another quality centre back in before the window shuts. Should discard some deadwood too.

Just now, Milan Missing Marble said:

About time. Makes sense to bring him back.

Don't understand why we waited so long to bring centre backs in and why we play two holding midfielders at centre back when we've got centre backs rotting in the reserves like Lachman and Dielna. Hopefully Sasso will return and we'll get another quality centre back in before the window shuts. Should discard some deadwood too.

It's a fair point actually as poor as they are lachman and dielna are centre halves . Would be better than semedo and pudil 

While I'm happy to see Sasso return, I can't help but feel this is a last resort for the club after failing to secure a centre back during the transfer window. We've needed strengthening in this position all summer, yet we're only now turning to a player who we surely could have signed before pre-season started if we really wanted him? It smacks of desperation to me, and if we're honest, it still leaves us short of what we had last season rather than improving our centre back options.

Considering the quality of our attacking additions, I'm baffled by how slapdash our defensive recruitment seems to have been this summer. It cost us big-time last night; I just hope it doesn't cost us again.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

28 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

We have just paid out 6 million approx for 2 midfielders.

Not a problem with this at all but we are ignoring the more problematic CM position.

Semedo is not up to the job in is own position now so  playing him a CM role is silly and costing us points.,

Please sort it CC pronto,

I really don't think anyone is ignoring the problem.  CC has identified it and knows we need one.  But as he has said many times it is not easy finding the right kind of player with the right kind of character to enhance the team on the field and buy into the dressing room ethos and spirit.  I would rather wait for the right person............................but not for too much longer!!

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

So we wait around all summer and still go back for a player we decide wasn't good enough 

This. 

Panic buy.

Indicates to me we're not anywhere near signing a 'better' centre half.

CC doesn't get much wrong, but we're really foooooked up re: centre half's. 

Guest Deleted member
44 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

So we wait around all summer and still go back for a player we decide wasn't good enough 

Agreed

A retrograde step.

We need to bring in players of similar quality to what we have been doing in the midfield and forward line.

Lets not panic buy - lets sign one really good CB - preferably a captain as Loovens will never be a 46 game a season player

Just now, Grandad said:

Agreed

A retrograde step.

We need to bring in players of similar quality to what we have been doing in the midfield and forward line.

Lets not panic buy - lets sign one really good CB - preferably a captain as Loovens will never be a 46 game a season player

Personally I take the opposite view.

Lees Hutch is our optimal CB pairing.

Bringing in a new captain relegates Hutch to the bench.

In my opinion Sasso is the best solution. Knows the squad and will fill in but not necessarily a shoe in for the first team.

Cant understand why we did not bring a CB on loan as cover a couple of weeks ago while we looked for a permanent one.

Sasso not a terrible player but hardly one I am excited about. Also my pet subject but I thought we said we were buying British players mainly and then look to bring an average CB on loan from abroad. Think clubs including Wednesday should look to the lower league and British player lot more.