Burton Albion vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Yeeehaw! Midweek games. Bring it.

Cheers Pauli, your usual high standard, though I note that there are no white stripes visible on the blue text (or where they pin stripes that just happened to all fall in the gaps between letters?).

Evening all, hope you're keeping well. 3 points in this one would really make for a strong start to this season. Not wanting to be over-confident but, I think we'd be expecting the win in this one. Strike hard and fast, when they least expect it.

173426-cat-Michael-Jordan-slams-door-rEo

2-0 to the mostly blue with a little bit of white wizzzzaaaarrrrddddsssss!

oh, and PS Pauli, I can't speak for any other lads or lasses but I never leave my maracas at home.

Tuesday evening, away at a small ground...its the sort of game we tend to lose (see last week for prime example).

However we should be strong enough this season to negotiate this match and hopefully CC has learnt you cannot take any team for granted.

Burton will be bang up for it and aren't a bad unit despite having nothing to show for their endeavors so far.

I think he will go with the same lineup that finished the game at Norwich with our newly forgiven Argentinian winger coming on in the 2nd half.

I will go for a narrow 1-0 win with some tricky moments to see through

35 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Tuesday evening, away at a small ground...its the sort of game we tend to lose (see last week for prime example).

However we should be strong enough this season to negotiate this match and hopefully CC has learnt you cannot take any team for granted.

Burton will be bang up for it and aren't a bad unit despite having nothing to show for their endeavors so far.

I think he will go with the same lineup that finished the game at Norwich with our newly forgiven Argentinian winger coming on in the 2nd half.

I will go for a narrow 1-0 win with some tricky moments to see through

You mean start with Nuhiu and Fletcher up front?

30 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not Dave, Hooper - my mistake.  The Fletcher Hooper combo needs a go..

Yes, if Fletcher is fit to start, I'd go with that. Ditto Buckley for Wallace, who probably wasn't at his best against Norwich. Certainly Hooper needs to show more than he has in the first three games, if he is to be the long term partner for Fletcher

24 minutes ago, mrrodge said:

Got a bad feeling for this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Anyone going to the game, inside the ground they do a tray of faggots and peas. Highly recommended 

Brighton do them too