Burton Albion vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

tgF0ckM.png         BJyDHtd.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Burton-upon-Trent is found in that mysterious twilight zone between drunkenness and inebriation. Rarely staying in one place for very long, it is usually witnessed stumbling erratically across the wilds of Staffordshire as it attempts to complete its mythical quest to return home before dawn.

If you like beer then there are plenty of pubs and museums to visit. If you don’t, then Burton is definitely not the place for you.

LtxdlHc.jpg

The Government of Burton is in a constant state of flux. The frequent wars fought between the rival breweries and the inability of key officials to remember what was decided the night before has led to a novel form of drunken anarchy developing.

jWDDsO7.jpg

Leaders are elected according to their ability to consume vast quantities of the local beer and whilst this provides for an entertaining night it makes for poor city management. Fortunately no-one has, as yet, noticed so things carry on regardless, if in a round about manner.

BkDPRco.jpg

Burton-upon-Trent is notable as being the only civilised city that is totally dependent on alcohol and its by-products. Money ceased to be used as currency many years ago and now the people exchange beer in a form of bartering.

They also have a football team and that’s how we come to be playing them today. Cheers!

IMPORTANT THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Venue: Pirelli Stadium, Burton 

Kick Off: Tuesday the 16th of August at 19:45.

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt, no maracas.

Matchday Pub: Tim Burton’s "Mars Attacks" theme pub. Can you take the Thirty Two Pint Challenge and still drive home in a flying saucer?

Matchday Pie: Helena Bonham Carter’s Personal Chef's Quail and Artichoke Pie. Divorced Tim Burton because she refuses to eat chips with gravy.

Matchday Song: “Sea Groove” by Big Boss Man…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri could feature, after he apologised for not travelling to Norwich on Saturday. Steven Fletcher may start up front if head coach Carlos Carvalhal opts against recalling the Italian forward.

Burton have no new injuries or suspensions to contend with from Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Bristol City. Hamza Choudhury and Stuart Beavon may start as Burton seek their first points since being promoted from League One.

J5NBlIK.png Head To Head V1LHByE.png

▪    Sheffield Wednesday lost all three of their away games at newly promoted sides last season.

▪    Nigel Clough has never lost as a manager against Sheffield Wednesday.

▪    The Owls have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league games.

▪    This is the first ever meeting between the two clubs. Although we have played against another Burton a long time ago.

69OLP0I.png

My prediction: We will beat these at football. 3-0 for the Owls.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“In this moment I am sure we will do what we must do. We will fight for the three points and everybody know the correct attitude, the correct behaviour and what they must do to try to win this difficult game. We want to do better and better, improve the team but so far I am very happy. We must have proper focus for this game, we have prepared the players and are ready to give a good answer. This will be a very, very different game to the other two games. To win the points, we must be at our highest level.

QAl6SHV.jpg

It will be very, very different, first because they play a different way, the pitch is smaller, they have lost their first two games but have a very good team. They put a lot of problems to the opponents, they have strong points and we must be very clever to close the good things that they have. Like all the teams, they have some weak points and we will try to explore. But we feel our players are very strong after these two games, full of confidence but we are with proper focus to this game. We are ready to give a good answer.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight!

YyidAQn.gif

5 minutes ago, Feelthepayne said:

Bloody brilliant again Pauli, even though i havn't read it yet, but i shall enjoy doing so, predict a 2-0 win for Carlos' boys, Joao and Fletcher scoring

UTO

You are in some reyt bother when theowlsman sees this.

Edited by pauli

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant !! ......... lovin' the broken chair pic ,  and the match record :biggrin:

Well, ... three games in, and we've worn every available kit.  Yet another yellowy / orangey team to face, so Christ only knows what we'll be wearing this evening

1 - 2  Wednesday,  Abdi, and a Pudil screamer 

815haa1.jpg

Brilliant Pauli. We will get another clean sheet against a team that have already scored four and score three ourselves. Or four, yes why not four? Wagon Wheels, Richard, the tailor, your boys should get a hell of a beating. FF on the bench, Fletch to start, it's the only way. Lee to get two.

Great OMDT Pauli.  Will FF come in from the cold? Will he give Hoops and Joao another chance to get off the mark?

We know Hoops takes a few games to warm up although he did play at Cambridge and does love scoring against Leeds. 

Joao and Liera up front in that case! 

Morning all,

Nice one Pauli, quality as usual.  

Don't think we will walk this game,  Burton will give it a good go, but the quality we have in this team will see us emerge as victors.  3-1 Wednesday win coming up.  Baz, Abdi and Hoops the scorers.

BRING IT ON!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

article-2252760-0307957E0000044D-669_470x290.jpg Parked the baby at East Midlands Airport and taken chaufer drive to the very nice St Georges Park

Hilton on Nevs recommendation it has a spar and gymnasium so I'll stay down here for the rest of the week.imagesI46SFCK4.jpg I thought the second half at Norwich we were awesome despite the shenanigans and were most unlucky not to take our place at the top of the league. Come what may we'll have 11 men filling the shirts giving their all for Wednesday, just as we the fans do. Love y'all, Up the Owls WAWAW Love Tay Tay big kiss to Pauli another great match day other than

Richard O'Donnell made his Owls debut at Burton in a 3-0  pre-season friendly victory several years ago according to Nev. Love Ya Pauli x  

Great OMDT pauli lol that chair pic though

We need to go all out from the off and push for the win to keep the good start of the season going!

we also need to show Forestieri we can either do this (get promoted) with or without him but it will be a lot more easier if he joins us,

will he play? I dunno........ but I hope this mess gets sorted soon.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!