Do we want FF to play again?

1 minute ago, terryowl64 said:

" A normal working man on normal working wages", turns up to work on Monday morning and decides that he cant do his job today because his head isnt in the right place,

Boss says , here you are lad, its your P45, theres the door.

Footballer on more a week than we see in 10 years, disrespects his manager, chairman, club, team mates, fans.

Its the fans that contribute to these primadonnas wages.

Time to say adios, and sign someone that wants to wear the shirt, 

No one is bigger than the Massive! UTO

Agree apart from more a week than we see in 10 years bit. 

3 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

If footballers were "normal working men" we wouldn't pay vast amounts of money to watch them kick a leather airbag around, trying to somehow apply the "rules" of our lives with their lives is a bit pointless IMO.

Not saying that footballers were normal working men. 

point being that if anyone of us refused to do their job we would be sacked....

What FF has done is wrong but it's no indication that he's going - people are guessing and have no evidence to back it up with. 

There's been no "official" fresh bid from anyone (yet.) Until then, he's still a SWFC player and we should support him.

Some of the stuff being said by some people is ridiculous. 

And yes, I want him to stay.

21 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Hes just a footballer,he plays in a system that suits his style,he may not be so lucky elswhere,if he was indispensable why did watford leave him out,how many games will he miss via suspension,he could get long term injured next time out,would that mean were stuffed? Course not,wel find another who genuinely wants to play and give 100% every week,no one players bigger than the club,lets get a monster payout and let him sulk somwhere else!

I take all your points on board but I do feel he is key to us going forward. At Watford he was never a regular in the team, he was never the main man and he was shoe horned into a system that didn't really suit him. He came here, was given a role in a position that suited him and he thrived. I genuinely could not think of a player we could realistically sign that we could just slot into the team as it is now and play his role. 

Key point is whether some unwise person has given Fletcher the same salary as FF, or even to Abdi and Pudil. FF clearly should be the best paid by some distance. If you have to pay big money to bring people in, you cannot expect the previous top earner to accept thry drop down the pecking order esp if the new players are not exactly top drawer . 

5 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Key point is whether some unwise person has given Fletcher the same salary as FF, or even to Abdi and Pudil. FF clearly should be the best paid by some distance. If you have to pay big money to bring people in, you cannot expect the previous top earner to accept thry drop down the pecking order esp if the new players are not exactly top drawer . 

Why should Forestieri earn the same or even more than Fletcher or Abdi when he's never played premier league football?

Pains me to say it but I don't think I want him to play for us again...unless a full apology and gets his head down and gets on with his game..

but not sure I'd ever look at him the same again...

no one player can be as big as Sheffield Wednesday..

We have a very good squad without him.  If it's only headed one way we need to get rid of the poisonous dwarf asap and focus on what's best for us..he's not going to drop his agent is he.

Yes - If he comes out in the next few days and makes a huge apology to the fans, players and CC then declares his love for the club and explains why he acted how he did, i can forgive him and go back to the good old days (3 days ago).

No - If there's no development at all from FF, he goes to training but says nothing he will be left out the Burton and Leeds game by CC I would imagine anyway. Then sell him, £12million+ some investment from DC we could buy 3 fantastic players and secure promotion anyway.

Win win for us, it's FF who has the hardest decision to make.

I think he'll sort himself out and stay though :manager:

Edited by Del_Liles

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I take all your points on board but I do feel he is key to us going forward. At Watford he was never a regular in the team, he was never the main man and he was shoe horned into a system that didn't really suit him. He came here, was given a role in a position that suited him and he thrived. I genuinely could not think of a player we could realistically sign that we could just slot into the team as it is now and play his role. 

Agreed.

The closest player I can think of to FF would be Knockaert, but Brighton already rejected Newcastle bids and the player publicly stated how much he loves the club and wouldn't leave (Take notes Fernando). So there's no way he would leave and join us.

Aside from that realistic targets kind of..... probably Bacary Sako? Alan Judge? Tom Ince?

I think we would probably play it safe and go for an established striker for around £4million , and then gamble and go for some foreign wonder kid that play outwide, or vice versa...problem is to replace a guaranteed goalscorer in this division its very very expensive.

But he is irreplaceable, and i really hope he sorts his head out and stays, despite what people say he's the difference between top 6 and top 2, end of discussion.

28 minutes ago, Del_Liles said:

Agreed.

The closest player I can think of to FF would be Knockaert, but Brighton already rejected Newcastle bids and the player publicly stated how much he loves the club and wouldn't leave (Take notes Fernando). So there's no way he would leave and join us.

Aside from that realistic targets kind of..... probably Bacary Sako? Alan Judge? Tom Ince?

I think we would probably play it safe and go for an established striker for around £4million , and then gamble and go for some foreign wonder kid that play outwide, or vice versa...problem is to replace a guaranteed goalscorer in this division its very very expensive.

But he is irreplaceable, and i really hope he sorts his head out and stays, despite what people say he's the difference between top 6 and top 2, end of discussion.

On the players you've mentioned, I think Judge or Sako would be the most realistic of them. Ince I doubt will leave Derby and even if he did I don't think they would sell him to us. I agree with what you said on Knockaert and again he will only go for a silly offer from a club in the division above. Sako's a good player and so is Judge but my worry with both would be could they get the same sort of goal return as Fernando, I'm not so sure they would which is why I'd throw all my efforts into convincing him to stay.

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Rooney never went on strike though. 

we'd never know if he did.  "injury".

I love Carlos and his refreshing honesty and complete transparency - but would a slight bit of discretion gone a longer way here?   I guess it all depends on how this shakes out.  Perhaps FF is shaken up and shamed by the public outing and is willing to make amends? Hope so.    Otherwise, we might be painted into a corner where we're taking bids that would otherwise have been higher without the hint of inhouse discord possibly  necessitating a quick sale.  

Edited by CaliforniaOwl

If it transpires that Fletcher did come in on forty a week, which is more than FF earns, then the chairman's responsible for this mess. If true, it's a huge mistake which could have grave consequences for the club's future. The player you can least afford to lose earns the most. How many fans would swap Fletcher for Forestieri? Very few, I should think.

Spare me a phoney public apology from him or his spokesperson. I will never read it because it would ring completely hollow knowing he knew full well exactly what he was doing and for that I no longer trust or respect his opinion any how. The divide he has caused between himself and the rest of the club and fans during this period of his life is definitely something he will live to regret in time. That being said he will only ever be remembered if he achieves us promotion at the very least and if he does that then this little eisode will be a pretty minor footnote on an otherwise impressive wiki page.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If it transpires that Fletcher did come in on forty a week, which is more than FF earns, then the chairman's responsible for this mess. If true, it's a huge mistake which could have grave consequences for the club's future. The player you can least afford to lose earns the most. How many fans would swap Fletcher for Forestieri? Very few, I should think.

Fletcher is quality and has played at a higher level than FF.

4 hours ago, CaliforniaOwl said:

we'd never know if he did.  "injury".

I love Carlos and his refreshing honesty and complete transparency - but would a slight bit of discretion gone a longer way here?   I guess it all depends on how this shakes out.  Perhaps FF is shaken up and shamed by the public outing and is willing to make amends? Hope so.    Otherwise, we might be painted into a corner where we're taking bids that would otherwise have been higher without the hint of inhouse discord possibly  necessitating a quick sale.  

Hard to be discreet and state that FF has some injury when he's purposefully been seen all over town riding his bike. 

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

You can judge Fletcher's worth based on the 27 minutes and 18 minutes he has played for us?

He has also yet to play one minute with Hooper, who he was most likely bought to play with.

I would give it until Christmas and see if you feel the same way. Its very possible that we will be sat atop the league, with fans, pundits and opposing managers purring about our forward-line.

Forestieri is a fantastic player, but within that price frame he too can be replaced.

Of course I'd love for us to keep all our best players If possible. But the way he (presumably) has conducted himself, I find  it hard for him to gain back the respect from his teammates, manager and fans.

Maybe all for the best now to cash in and move on.