Do we want FF to play again?

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I agree he deserved a high salary. I don't care how much he wanted.

BUT, he has gone on strike over it. That is outrageous. He is finished. I would like him out of the club, the training ground and the dressing room this week, so the team and Carlos can get on with Burton, Leeds, and promotion.

Totally agree, last season was arguably his best ever, he needed to do nothing other than go about his business this year, a much improved contract would have been offered to him at some stage this season for sure.

I'm pleased with CC's comments today, at the same time they've made it almost impossible for FF to reverse his position and continue at the club, so let's cash in and move on.

TBF, Carlos actually said he refused to travel and when pushed said in affect he had refused to play, also that this wasn't the first time as he hadn't wanted to play against Villa...

I don't think the Villa incident was the first time, I seem to remember him telling CC last season that he didn't feel like playing cos his energy levels were low, shortly afterwards he gets two red cards hmm..

I know where valued employees have chanced there luck and get what they want but when they try it a second time they get a much different response, this feels a bit like that to me...

still, Scram should be happy, he'll no doubt be touting for the PFA job to represent him... He's already helping him on here...

lol

He has 3 years left on a contract he signed 12 months ago, he should wait till next summer and then begin to negotiate a new contract.

I am fed up if the Tail (players and agents) wagging the dog (Club and fans)I am sure the club will do what's best for the club, either sell, give in to his demands or tell him NO!, either way he has burnt his bridges as far as I am concerned.

56 minutes ago, Tomswfc94 said:

His two hat agent trying to wriggle out of the mess he's part responsible for, says it all if theyve not even got the gonads to take responsibility for their actions 

image.png

Imagine if that was really his agent and Carlos read that after what FF had told him previously. Carlos would be fuming that they're now lying 

1 hour ago, striker said:

No, his actions are unforgivable. No longer a Wednesday player in my eyes. 

I negged that pal sorry. But calm after the storm an all that. Great TEAM performance yesterday but we did miss him. Unfortunately Agents run players and are the poison of football. Disappointed yes, but still want to see him in a owls shirt. Fact is no player will ever be loyal anymore. Money talks

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Why do you just assume that we can "sort it out". 

The guy effectively went on strike yesterday (sounds like he was trying to go on strike last week too) and let down his coach, teammates, fans etc. 

Are you seriously advocating that the club pander to someone who has behaved like that?

Not saying we should pander to him, but let's not hang him out to dry just yet. We should allow every opportunity to sort this out. 

The guy is a tool for refusing to play. Very disrespectful to everyone. But taking away the emotion slightly, he's a good player and quite often the difference in a game. I don't think we can replace him without spending the sort of money that the club have said they won't spend. 

He would need to do major making up with fans and colleagues, but if he wants to play for us then let's sort out whatever grievance he has. I'd rather he was a Wednesday player than a Derby or Newcastle player. 

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Not saying we should pander to him, but let's not hang him out to dry just yet. We should allow every opportunity to sort this out. 

The guy is a tool for refusing to play. Very disrespectful to everyone. But taking away the emotion slightly, he's a good player and quite often the difference in a game. I don't think we can replace him without spending the sort of money that the club have said they won't spend. 

He would need to do major making up with fans and colleagues, but if he wants to play for us then let's sort out whatever grievance he has. I'd rather he was a Wednesday player than a Derby or Newcastle player. 

Fair enough...but for me he's pretty much nailed his colours to the mast. 

We all know what the likely outcome is and it's not FF signing a new contract, riding his bike and Tweeting about how much he loves Sheffield Wednesday. 

The lads pretty much got one foot out the door already. 

Guest BULGARIA
1 hour ago, scram said:

Plus 1 for one of Owlstalks greatest ever comments. 

Super homemade bread - definitely going into OT folklore

Thanks Scram.... i was hoping to go into folklore before 10 posts, but i will take that.:biggrin:

Really really think we need to get rid. Say we give him an improved contract whats to stop the next player from doing the same after 10 good games? Whats to stop newcastle etc doing the same to our other players if were in the hunt for promotion? Say we go up, whats to stop him an hour before playing man u refusing to play? Let him go to newcastle. I guarantee he wont get the same idolisation as he does here and when they lose a few games will probably get booed off the pitch

36 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

I negged that pal sorry. But calm after the storm an all that. Great TEAM performance yesterday but we did miss him. Unfortunately Agents run players and are the poison of football. Disappointed yes, but still want to see him in a owls shirt. Fact is no player will ever be loyal anymore. Money talks

Thats not the point. Of course money talks, and agents run players, but to refuse to play is a whole new level. What has this done to moral?

No way back IMO. It would ruin the team ethic which is so strong.

GET RID!! Disrespectful the way he has acted. This club has made him the player he is today. he's turned his back on Wednesday totally unforgivable.

18 minutes ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

For all those saying he should go, I assume you also applaud how the Club handled the DiCanio saga.

If Man U can go through this twice with Rooney and still keep him, I don't see why Fessi cannot get through this and remain an Owl.

Rooney never went on strike though. 

Has this been blown out of all proportion.

Yes it maybe the boy's been badly advised and he's tested DC and CCs resolve and the spirit of the,squad.

Has there been a naivety in sorting / confirming new contracts during the season which caused distraction?

FF is a very good player, a player that contributes in so many ways as well as goals.

He had his best ever season last year - should he rewarded? We would have won yesterday with him I have no doubt.  He makes the difference.

Get this sorted and we could walk this division.  Without him it will be close.

Just putting it out there.

1 minute ago, Flat Owl said:

Has this been blown out of all proportion.

Yes it maybe the boy's been badly advised and he's tested DC and CCs resolve and the spirit of the,squad.

Has there been a naivety in sorting / confirming new contracts during the season which caused distraction?

FF is a very good player, a player that contributes in so many ways as well as goals.

He had his best ever season last year - should he rewarded? We would have won yesterday with him I have no doubt.  He makes the difference.

Get this sorted and we could walk this division.  Without him it will be close.

Just putting it out there.

So you think that's ok then?

For him to "test" the resolve and spirit of the squad. 

You're quite comfortable with him trying to cause disruption within the playing staff?

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you think that's ok then?

For him to "test" the resolve and spirit of the squad. 

You're quite comfortable with him trying to cause disruption within the playing staff?

FFS Stop being such a drama queen.